First Pictures of 920 | Rogers Canada

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Blame Sandy since it's very cloudy out there and I can't see the moon.

Can you take a picture of the sky? it should look picture black on other devices but clouds and stuff on the Lumia.

I want to know because of the fake night pictures.

gsmarena_005.jpg

This one is supposed to be taken with the Lumia prototype, so I want to know if they had to make some sacrifices.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Does the Lumia 920 have visual voicemail like the iPhone does on Rogers? I want to switch but this is a must feature for me.

Not sure as I am not subscribed to that feature from Rogers. They charge more money for it compared to regular voicemail.

Can you take a picture of the sky? it should look picture black on other devices but clouds and stuff on the Lumia.

I want to know because of the fake night pictures.

Click to view quoted image

This one is supposed to be taken with the Lumia prototype, so I want to know if they had to make some sacrifices.

Check out my initial post. I have a comparison photo posted between 920 and 900.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I refused to be considered an easterner. Winnipeg had a couple in stock today too.

Haha sorry man, that's just what I was told by a Rogers Plus employee. At least you have some hope of getting the phone, no stores here in Edmonton have them (though there was one guy in Calgary who got one).

Rogers is handling this launch VERY poorly. As someone who pre-ordered phone I should be first in line before stores start stocking them, no matter which part of the country I live :mad:

jeejee0

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi, thanks for doing these videos and answering questions! Can you confirm that the phone supports USB On-The-Go? I guess you would need a special cable to actually test it, but does it say anything in the manual about this?

abc458926

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Congratulations and thank you for the experience. A few questions.
1) GPS, cold start time and the receiver sensitivity, accuracy
2) You talk about the AF assist - this is not a red light as the N8? You can shoot video secretly?
3) A few words about the management of voice. Quality Voice Recognition, can dictate SMS. The quality of the phone functions, and audible voice quality companion, volume and quality of the speakers, the strength of vibration, etc.

Thx

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
OK moment of truth for me. Can you please tell me if WiFi disconnects and converts to cellular when phone goes in standby(screen off)? This was a deal breaker for me in WP7 because I don't use data plans.

porok

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
OK moment of truth for me. Can you please tell me if WiFi disconnects and converts to cellular when phone goes in standby(screen off)? This was a deal breaker for me in WP7 because I don't use data plans.

It was shot in one of the videos.
And yes, wi-fi goes down when it in standby.

n0cud06#WN

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Question - are you able to copy and paste phone number on the dial app? Also if you go to a website and click on a address does it launch the maps app?

AnIrudha

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok I spotted this pretty late. The new wpcentral interface doesn't bring the latest info on top, I think it brings the most popular one to the top.
Ok, I am gonna buy 920 unlocked, I am getting a feeling its gonna be outta my budget :mad:. So I might have to go with 8X. But I am worried about the storage here :mad:. So could you tell me how big the Windows Phone 8 was. Or if someone gets a hands on with 8X tell me how big much space is remaining for the user to use after first boot.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting those pics!

Overall, the quality is nothing special.. its exactly what you would expect from 1.4 micron pixels: noise, poor detail, and weak DR.

Like I expected, the Nokia 808 will destroy it in all conditions.. by a pretty big margin.

The only real benefit of OIS is video recording. Ya.. you can take brighter pictures, but the noise levels ruin it anyway, so they might just add a "night mode" which would increase the iso, and you would end up with a similar result... it still shoots at 800 iso.

Last edited:

blackfire

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this post!

Very impressed by the daytime video while driving. It looks rock solid compared to other phones. You can really tell OIS is working as expected there.

Now about the pictures, I thought they were not that great, but when I saw the Denver guitar I can tell a picture with the 900 would be very noisy in that dark blue, and it looks very nice in that picture.

I would expect colors to be a bit more vivid though.

And about launching and resuming apps.. It seems to be faster than WP7.5 devices (considering the improved hardware, that's expected too, but nice to see). Can't wait to get my hands on a WP8 device.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Give, those are far from ideal conditions, but the quality isn't where I hoped it would be. I hope GSMarena puts it up against the HTC One X.. Something tells me it will be very close.

This is.. no bueno.
IWQmT.jpg

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Does the Lumia 920 have visual voicemail like the iPhone does on Rogers? I want to switch but this is a must feature for me.

I cannot tell you if Rogers or the 920 have visual voice-mail, however you can get visual voice-mail with Google voice and a one of the several 3rd party Google voice apps. The nice thing about these apps is they will transcribe the voice-mail if you want. The transcription is not perfect, but it is pretty good. You do not actually need to have a Google voice number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786