First Pictures of 920 | Rogers Canada

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Has this been discussed anywhere yet? Do we finally have separate volumes for media playback and ringtones? If I watch a youtube video at full volume but want my phone to be silent when i receive a call, will this happen? Or will it be a full volume ring because of the youtube video I watched earlier?

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Has this been discussed anywhere yet? Do we finally have separate volumes for media playback and ringtones? If I watch a youtube video at full volume but want my phone to be silent when i receive a call, will this happen? Or will it be a full volume ring because of the youtube video I watched earlier?

They aren't separate no. I just tried this for you.

Put the phone in Ring+Vibrate, started a movie on MetroTube, and called my phone. The video muted and the phone rang with a volume that matched the volume I had on the video.

Only way to solve this is if I had my phone on vibrate, it would have vibrated for the call and made no sound.

Hope this answers your questions.

Aykazu

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes I was. Those bumps in the road were really significant yet you barely notice them in the video!! :cool:
Man seriously you are so lucky, though in a way just as unlucky as I am because of the color options available here in Finland.

So far the pre-orders have started it would seem TeleFinland and Sonera are the cheapest ones, with 24 months of intrest free pay-time it costs 20€/month or 480€ and the contract which you can set starting from 0.6€/month to I dont know, do these guys actually have a roof for prices? Anyway its safe to say that with 50€/month you get pretty much unlimited everything and the Lumia 920 with a 2-year payment.

Saunalahti is offering unlocked 920 for 16,6€/month with 36months of pay-time (597,6€) and you get a 40€ discount from a fatboy charging pillow.

The colors here in Finland are yellow, white, red and black. Thats lame the 2 colors I would have chosen instantly was cyan and grey. Thats because both of them are matte and something that really stands out of the crowd.

But man seriously, I'm so jealous lol :D

jamreal

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello

Hey there, I see all you pics and vids and i'm very impressed..
My little problem is, I rally like the 820 to the 920 i'm willing to lose out on the best camera tech and all that other stuff but I want the hd screen which the 820 doesn't have, so was wondering how much better is the screen difference on your 920 to 900?
Is it like wow this I couldn't live without or more like a good addition but not to die for?
please help me here.p.s do apps have more onscreen real estate or does it show the same amount of stuff? thanks in advance

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
@Aykazu: with DNA and a 2 year contract you get the phone for like 550?, dunno how the rest of the contracts fare against the options you mentioned. I'm a long time DNA user and have nothing to complain, but I'll probably get the non-contract from Elisa/Saunalahti with the fatboy discount. As said, I already have DNA contract that I can quit at any time, but it's quite cheap and I couldnt get it that cheap again if I got a new 2 year contract. I like to be able to change service provider at any time cos sometimes they give you really good deals if you switch. Also since I'm interested in obtaining a wireless charger anyways, that discount is pretty decent while the rest of the deal doesnt lock me into anything.

Quoting myself from another thread on the colors

I got hands on with different colors except for the cyan and grey and I must say that despite loving the red, I dont think I can personally live with the glossyness. It just picks up every single fingerprint so that the back cover will be 100% covered by visible fingerprints. It also doesnt feel anywhere as nice in hand than the matter color.

So think that I will have to go with black, despite I really wanted a non-black phone cos black phones are so common and I like Nokia for it's colors.. Cyan isnt coming here at least during launch and I dont really like the cyan that much either.

Last edited:

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, I see all you pics and vids and i'm very impressed..
My little problem is, I rally like the 820 to the 920 i'm willing to lose out on the best camera tech and all that other stuff but I want the hd screen which the 820 doesn't have, so was wondering how much better is the screen difference on your 920 to 900?
Is it like wow this I couldn't live without or more like a good addition but not to die for?
please help me here.p.s do apps have more onscreen real estate or does it show the same amount of stuff? thanks in advance

This is highly subjective but you will definitely notice a big difference in clarity, vividness, and smoothness on the 920 compared to the 900.

I just put them side by side and tested them for you and the scrolling is also more responsive and smooth on the 920.

Aykazu

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
@Aykazu: with DNA and a 2 year contract you get the phone for like 550?, dunno how the rest of the contracts fare against the options you mentioned. I'm a long time DNA user and have nothing to complain, but I'll probably get the non-contract from Elisa/Saunalahti with the fatboy discount. As said, I already have DNA contract that I can quit at any time, but it's quite cheap and I couldnt get it that cheap again if I got a new 2 year contract.

I could tell you 2 real-life stories, one which happened to me and the other that happened to my girlfriend and those 2 are enough to keep me away from DNA at all cost.

Besides DNA coverage in the capital area (Helsinki, Vantaa, Espoo, Kauniainen) is by far the worst out there.

jeejee0

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Don't have a cable so sorry can't try it.
Hi again, I realized you don't have a cable to test out USB-on-the-go, but if you get a chance would you mind looking at the booklet that came with the phone just to see if the feature is mentioned in there? Thanks!

Last edited:

francesco87

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Pix

Hi, may I ask you for some photos with vivid colours? I want to see the difference between lumia 920 and iphone 5. What do you think about it?
Thank you very much.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to do this xserver.

I know this is a long shot, but is there any chance they have brought back the name dial from Contacts that used to be on WM6.5?

It's one of those things you wouldn't think to try if you're conditioned to WP7.5.

Bring up the dial pad and start typing a name, does it start sorting through contacts.

I checked yesterday, none of the Rogers Corporate stores in Victoria received 920's.

Last edited:

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi, may I ask you for some photos with vivid colours? I want to see the difference between lumia 920 and iphone 5. What do you think about it?
Thank you very much.

I took a picture of a red paper stack and posted it. Please check in the first post in the Skydrive folder.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to do this xserver.

I know this is a long shot, but is there any chance they have brought back the name dial from Contacts that used to be on WM6.5?

It's one of those things you wouldn't think to try if you're conditioned to WP7.5.

Bring up the dial pad and start typing a name, does it start sorting through contacts.

I checked yesterday, none of the Rogers Corporate stores in Victoria received 920's.

No it does not but if you download the RapDialer app, it does indeed and it's very handy. I never use the stock dialer. RapDialer always.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Another 920 Rogers user on xda is claiming the phone is FACTORY UNLOCKED and he put a WIND sim card in it and it worked.

If the phone is indeed factory unlocked, this will be the best purchase I have ever made.

I will try with a Fido sim card when I get home as everyone I know here is on Rogers.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I could tell you 2 real-life stories, one which happened to me and the other that happened to my girlfriend and those 2 are enough to keep me away from DNA at all cost.

Besides DNA coverage in the capital area (Helsinki, Vantaa, Espoo, Kauniainen) is by far the worst out there.

Elisa/Saunalahti is worse than DNA here in Salo then again. That said, I do go to university in Helsinki via train like 4 days a week, but I havnt noticed any bad coverage in my usual route at least.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
No it does not but if you download the RapDialer app, it does indeed and it's very handy. I never use the stock dialer. RapDialer always.
I D/L'd RapDialer for my WP7.5. As best I can tell, I've got to manually input all the data. I tried contacting the developers for some support via email, their FB site and Twitter and got no response at all. I gave up on it.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This is building up as an excellent thread to be honest. Love the videos and input from so many members!

Just a question: Should I buy Lumia 920? :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise