First Pictures of 920 | Rogers Canada

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
This is building up as an excellent thread to be honest. Love the videos and input from so many members!

Just a question: Should I buy Lumia 920? :p

Thank you for the kind words. If I wasn't occupied with work, I'd give more for the community.

I am writing on a sticky note all the things people want to know and my video tonight will focus on that. Stay tuned. :)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the kind words. If I wasn't occupied with work, I'd give more for the community.

I am writing on a sticky note all the things people want to know and my video tonight will focus on that. Stay tuned. :)

I hope you are showing off your Lumia 920 at work and "converting" too! :p

BTW, if this trend continues on your thread till next weekend, I guess we would have the most end-user directed thorough review of Lumia 920 and that will surely show how good/bad decision it is to #switch!

I might read more in your thread and come up with some stuff that you could test.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Is it really Factory Unlocked if I pay the full price at Rogers? Try it please and let us know!

Thanks!

i think Rogers unlock devices for $20 or something, so if that remains the same even a contract phone should be unlockable

or so i hope... since i will need to use the phone when i travel @_@

tumaykilinc

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have watched your video, which you were testing wifi connection when screen is off. It was dropping after 30 seconds. Did you find any solutions to this?

For example, if i was running Viber, and someone wanted to call me while screen is off, would it still work or not work due to no wifi connection?

I want to know because i pre-ordered mine, getting it in two weeks.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I charged the phone at 7:00 A.M.

It's 4:00 P.M. right now, all day on LTE, watched some videos on Metrotube, recorded some videos and took some pictures for you guys and read some feeds on the phone, along with 15 minutes of GPS. Battery is at 52% right.

Not bad at all for a first day use!

LuvMyLabs

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm a new member just signed up :) ... and yes I'm currently waiting for a 920...

OH! and thanks for the awesome review!! That's about as much as I ever expect from a phone.. Can't
wait to get my hands on one! I'll never understand why rogers is being so vague about it.. You'd think
they would want to release them.it's almost like they are just testing the waters. The phone isn't even on
thier website yet ARGH!!!

Can someone explain to me how Rogers Reservation system works? I watch co-workers wait a week longer
for thier Iphone5 on reservation when they could have just gone to the store and buy one that wasn't reserved.

Last edited:

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm a new member just signed up :) ... and yes I'm currently waiting for a 920...

Can someone explain to me how Rogers Reservation system works?

Log into your My Rogers section of the Rogers website. Click "Device Reservation". You'll then be given a drop down with various devices you can reserve. After you reserve a device you will be given a queue number, and will be notified when it is shipped. You will be charge $40 to your account, and when you get the device they remove the $40 charge.

I should note, this ONLY guarantees you a device. This does not guarantee you will get it before stores have them in stock. I found this out the hard way. That's why I reserve a device, then as soon as the device is released I call all the Rogers stores I can to see if it's in stock. You can always cancel the reservation, without penalty.

DungMasterFang

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Video Recording with Loud Music inside a vehicle: Nokia Lumia 920 Review | Loud Recording - YouTube
The audio was very loud and it was starting to hurt my ears. Yet the 920 managed this very very well. My 900 would have had nothing but pure noise.

180-degree video recording:

Damn, those HAAC mics are really impressive. Why isn't Nokia pushing this improvement like they did with 808 and rich recording?

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried my in-ear headset in both the 900 and the 920 playing the same song and the results are very very similar. The 900's audio quality was already was very good.

The audio was crisp clear and the bass was very rich. (Not an audio expert)

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
xserver, sorry if someone already asked this but is the month-to-month price ($549) the same as the no contract price? Usually Rogers charges $50 more for off-contract phones.

gakofrugn

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am posting videos from my Iphone 4s on youtube, and they are really decreasing in quality. If only you can upload even short video right from the phone untouched, please :)
That 180-degree video or that with loud music - any will do.
Can you post video on skydrive? Or dropbox, if you using it. So we can download original.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss