First Pictures of 920 | Rogers Canada

TerranIV

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Can you lock white balance, focus, and exposure?

I would like to add my thanks to you, Xsever, for all the great video and pictures you have posted and taking the time to answer everyone's questions. I'm dying here with no release date info from AT&T and your posts have been a godsend. (I reserved my Lumia 920 from Best Buy but it still says "item backordered" ARGH!!!)

So my question (being brand new to WinPhone OS) is there a way to lock the white balance, exposure, and/or focus on the camera? I notice that the phone is trying it's best to auto correct but it would be nice to be able to walk around with my phone and not have it changing colors.

Thanks again for being so patient with all of us suckers without our own Lumia 920's! :)

BTW - Is anyone else blown away at the lack of more info on the Lumia from other websites (including WPCentral)? I mean tons of people got free 920's yesterday at BUILD but so far there aren't even any first impressions on any of the major tech blogs. Could there be some sort of embargo on reviews for some (stupid) reason?

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Loving all your videos so far.
I wanna see you make a video about music playing from the device's speaker, I would appreciate if you made a video about it! :D

Coming soon in the next video I am uploading as we speak! Quality is very good and crisp.

Last edited:

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Loving all your videos so far.
I wanna see you make a video about music playing from the device's speaker, I would appreciate if you made a video about it! :D

I would like to add my thanks to you, Xsever, for all the great video and pictures you have posted and taking the time to answer everyone's questions. I'm dying here with no release date info from AT&T and your posts have been a godsend. (I reserved my Lumia 920 from Best Buy but it still says "item backordered" ARGH!!!)

So my question (being brand new to WinPhone OS) is there a way to lock the white balance, exposure, and/or focus on the camera? I notice that the phone is trying it's best to auto correct but it would be nice to be able to walk around with my phone and not have it changing colors.

Thanks again for being so patient with all of us suckers without our own Lumia 920's! :)

BTW - Is anyone else blown away at the lack of more info on the Lumia from other websites (including WPCentral)? I mean tons of people got free 920's yesterday at BUILD but so far there aren't even any first impressions on any of the major tech blogs. Could there be some sort of embargo on reviews for some (stupid) reason?

Camera details and speaker quality incoming in the video being uploaded. I will post here when it's up and available.

imanolsoliman

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
:)

I'm a young amateur photographer and I've been waiting for this phone since it was announced... but now I'm very disappointed with the camera.
My current phone is an N8 and I use it as my "point-and-shot" while my DSLR is my main camera, and that symbian phone makes a good job, but it's SO is dead... so I was waiting to see how the lumia's camera was, and the daylight pictures look worse than the N8 ones....
However, I've been looking at the pictures for a while and I noticed that the focus and white balance where perfect, but there is a lot of detail loss, and I think that the answer is in postprocessing, not in the sensor.... And that's important: it's a software problem.
The camera is set for take only night or low light pics, so the noise reduction and compression are way too much for a daylight pic...
So, xserver, I'd like to ask you for the settings in the camera app of the phone, if there is some option to turn off that settings and make the daylight pictures look better.... because that will define if I get the phone or not. x.x...

BTW: Thank you for this review! is very natural and unbiased unlike the ones in tech pages.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

mrlinlee

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

Gorgeous picture on the 920. Look how crisp that is given all the clouds.

The weather where I live is still affected by Sandy and the clouds in all my photos are way darker hence the effect.

I will post more pictures when it becomes sunny. (Next week hopefully or this weekend.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte