First Pictures of 920 | Rogers Canada

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this has been answered, but the Cnet UK review said a wireless charger came with the phone. Can you confirm this?
Not the Rogers one no. It doesn't come with a wireless charger.
@xsever
Can you tell us how the quality is on the front facing camera?
Very crisp and definitely better than the 900. I will try and post a pic for you.

Hey buddy, Does 920 it come with headphones in the box? or do we need to buy it separately as i am thinking purchase a new one.

Thanks for your videos
Yes it comes with Nokia WH-208.

Do you have access to either an iPhone 4S/5 or a Galaxy S III? I would like to see comparison shots with either of those two phones, pretty please, with maple syrup on top.
I posted a picture in my Skydrive of a side-by-side comparison with a 4S.

is there and what does the LED do for notifications. ive watched a few vids didnt really see anything.

can it be configured to flash for facebook, whatsapp, email, txts etc or just phone calls.

this ****s me on my current mozart lol just green light flash for phone calls thats it :(

LED is only for camera. Can't interact with notifications, but all you need to do is check the lockscreen really. Having the LED blink will definitely drain the battery faster compared to on-demand lockscreen check you can do yourself.

However, if you receive something and the proximity sensor detects absolutely no light (in your pocket, upside down, close proximity to something), the screen will not light up thereby preserving battery. If you pick up the phone in 5 seconds or so, then the phone will light up the screen on its own and show you the notification.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Nice job and very informative. I have a small request to make if it isn't too much trouble.
Can you take some night shots without the focus assist light on(I am assuming those low light shots you have taken are with it on) please?
Thanks in advance! :D

Will add it to my list. Remind me if I forget.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi man, first of all I would like to thank you for all the videos uploaded, and for taking the time to answer all our requests.

Still, I have a couple more questions.

1. Has haptic feedback been disabled? I'm referring to the three touch buttons which always vibrate when you touch them. Do they still vibrate? Can you deactivate this option?

2. If you're in a call, then someone calls you... If the previous caller hangs up, and the ringtone starts playing again as there is a new call... does the ringtone play OK or is the audio distorted? On my Mozart the sound is very annoying, as if it's trying to play louder.

Thanks in advance.

1.Haptic feedback is still here and no setting to disable it.

2.Rare scenario. I never had that happen to me on the 900 so I don't think the 920 will have that problem.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

There has been reports that some Youtube users are copying my videos and posting them under their name.

I have reported most of them, but if you come across these low-lives, please report the videos or bring the matter to my attention so I take care of it.

Thank you very much.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
A few questions:

1) I understand the Calendar didn't get improved, but in case they DID make a minor tweak, when you create a recurring appointment, do you now have a choice for "every other"? Currently the choices are simply "every" or "once."

2) When creating or editing a Contact, can you add a "mobile 2" for the contact? This is something I never understood with WP7: It has "home, home 2, work, work 2" but only one "mobile." Right now I have to file a person's second cell phone as "home" or something else. Kind of silly, if you ask me.

3) This one is a long shot. Currently using the Facebook app, my News Feed shows my friends' FB app updates or app invites (like games and crap). On the website I tell it to hide it from the feed and it works, however that doesn't translate into the WP Facebook app or I need to change a setting I don't know about. Did the new version of the app fix this?

4) Any way to get the dialer to default to the dialing pad instead of History?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

There has been reports that some Youtube users are copying my videos and posting them under their name.

I have reported most of them, but if you come across these low-lives, please report the videos or bring the matter to my attention so I take care of it.

Thank you very much.
Really? I'll definitely let you know if I come across the copycats.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
A few questions:

1) I understand the Calendar didn't get improved, but in case they DID make a minor tweak, when you create a recurring appointment, do you now have a choice for "every other"? Currently the choices are simply "every" or "once."

2) When creating or editing a Contact, can you add a "mobile 2" for the contact? This is something I never understood with WP7: It has "home, home 2, work, work 2" but only one "mobile." Right now I have to file a person's second cell phone as "home" or something else. Kind of silly, if you ask me.

3) This one is a long shot. Currently using the Facebook app, my News Feed shows my friends' FB app updates or app invites (like games and crap). On the website I tell it to hide it from the feed and it works, however that doesn't translate into the WP Facebook app or I need to change a setting I don't know about. Did the new version of the app fix this?

4) Any way to get the dialer to default to the dialing pad instead of History?

1) Options listed are: once, every day, every weekday, every Friday, day 2 of every month, and every 2 November.

2) Yeah man I noticed that too in WP7.5. I can comfirm that there is "mobile 2" in WP8! HOORAY!!

3)I have these annoying things hidden on FB too and so far, I didn't run across any of them on the new v4.0 FB app on the 920. Let's hope that is fixed.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
1) Options listed are: once, every day, every weekday, every Friday, day 2 of every month, and every 2 November.

2) Yeah man I noticed that too in WP7.5. I can comfirm that there is "mobile 2" in WP8! HOORAY!!

3)I have these annoying things hidden on FB too and so far, I didn't run across any of them on the new v4.0 FB app on the 920. Let's hope that is fixed.
Thanks for the fast reply, man! Good news on #2 and (probably) #3. Yay! Looks like MS didn't even bother to tweak the Calendar one bit. Hopefully they'll do, next release.

Did you get a chance to look into Question 4?

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the fast reply, man! Good news on #2 and (probably) #3. Yay! Looks like MS didn't even bother to tweak the Calendar one bit. Hopefully they'll do, next release.

Did you get a chance to look into Question 4?

I missed it. I just checked and no there is no option.

Save yourself the headache and download RapDialer. You won't look back.

francesco87

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

Thank you very much.

This morning i was very surprised while watching your videos posted by other persons. How can we report them?

kevin1510

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey xsever, thank you for answering our question, but did u put any other sim card to ur 920 like Bell or Telus, 'cause I think some locked phone from Rogers can actually work with Fido, i just wanna make sure before buying one

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey xsever, thank you for answering our question, but did u put any other sim card to ur 920 like Bell or Telus, 'cause I think some locked phone from Rogers can actually work with Fido, i just wanna make sure before buying one

No I haven't since no one I know has a non-Rogers/Fido micro sim card that I can try.

I'll ask around in one of my classes today and see if I can test it and let you guys know.

On xda developers forum though, there are a couple of guys saying they tested with WIND and it worked.

MobileSyrup.com is also reporting it on their website so i'd say it's pretty accurate.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey xsever I'm really on the fence about whether to go with an 820 or a 920. If I did go for the 820 am I really going to miss the increased resolution of the 920? Is that alone worth the ?100 difference?

I know WP7 has been on the lower resolution for a while and now they're increasing the supported resolutions am I more likely to be shooting myself in the foot getting a lower resolution handset when it comes to viewing apps and media?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss