First Pictures of 920 | Rogers Canada

luckyhillkop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

12.Facebook app notification count on tile and lockscreen are stuck at 3 although I already saw the notifications and they are cleared inside the app (PUSH still a hit/miss with WP)
13. I would have loved a feature when you can tap on the notification on the lock screen and it would tell you who called you or who the message/email is from. Now you only see the icon with a number but without other info.
[/COLOR][/B]
How about the live tiles notifications for other apps (like Whatsapp)? Are they still unreliable/delayed like WP7.5?

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I should specify those measurements I posted are thickness/depth as that's what I'm inquiring about

Hey xsever, thank you so much for taking the time to do these reviews for all of us. You are doing the community a lot of good.

A lot of these reviews are complaining about the weight of this device. I really wonder how this will affect the phone's usability. I am leaning towards the HTC 8X at this point. Will make a final decision once I get a hands on both these devices.

The phone's weight, in my opinion, is nothing to worry about given the phone's shape, the curve on the back, the soft glass, and overall, the way it fits in your hand.

You really feel like you have a nice piece of hardware in your hand. So the extra 20g over the 900 is nothing to worry about.

All these people dissing the phone for the weight are not being real at all. The phone sits perfectly in the hand and the 4.5 inch screen is very manageable with one hand compared to the S3, which I tried, and which requires enormous hand.

I think I know the answer to this but just confirming. You had to set the time manually in your first video- assume that was because you didn't have the SIM card installed? Switching from iPhone - just assumed clock is set by the network?

Correct.

Wow man, I cant believe how much you've done for the WP community, you truly are a god among men!

One question I had was that WP7s music tile had artists pictures right?
Whats the WP8 music tile like and how does it change with size? Thanks again man!

Haven't added music yet to the phone. Will let you know some time this weekend.

Much thanks for all that you've done as well. I just have one final question if this has not been answered already.

How does this phone work as a point and shoot? Whether it's something cool you see on the streets and wanna get a pic to snapping a quick photo with some friends?

Works amazingly well. All AUTO settings are way better than the 900. If you want to squeeze better details, then you can manually adjust the settings, but pocket-to-picture speed and quality are phenomenal as you can see in most pictures on my Skydrive.

yxw4774

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi XSEVER, I am now in Fido and would like to buy Rogers 920 outright and then use it in Fido's LTE network. Would you please try Fido sim card in this phone and find whether LTE network is available? I think that in your area, LTE in Fido is available. Thanks!

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi XSEVER, I am now in Fido and would like to buy Rogers 920 outright and then use it in Fido's LTE network. Would you please try Fido sim card in this phone and find whether LTE network is available? I think that in your area, LTE in Fido is available. Thanks!

The FIDO micro sim card I tried worked and I was making a call, but all I got was 3G (at home). I never get LTE at home neither even on Rogers so that might explain.

LTE should work just fine since Rogers and Fido use the same towers.

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
xsever,

I was wondering what the filesystem is formatted as? is it FAT or NTFS? Just curious about file size limitations.

Thanks,
Pez

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi:

Wonderful and detail info of the Lumia 920!!
Would like to know can ii be able to make a video call without Tango/Skype software?
I mean use the carrier 3g network to make the video call.(Samsung/LG can do that...)

Sincerely

joanephi

No that is not possible.

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Can't tell since right clicking and selecting Properties shows "Generic Hierarchical" under "File System.

try to drop a file larger than 4gb on it..if it immediately fails, it is FAT(32)

Thanks for answering all our questions!!!

EDIT: I guess Generic Hierarchical IS a file system type! did not know that before, and it looks like large files will work on it, as that is what my CM9 touchpad says and it lets me!

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
try to drop a file larger than 4gb on it..if it immediately fails, it is FAT(32)

Thanks for answering all our questions!!!

EDIT: I guess Generic Hierarchical IS a file system type! did not know that before, and it looks like large files will work on it, as that is what my CM9 touchpad says and it lets me!

I own a CM9 Touchpad too and I can drop big files on it. I guess we're good!

devildantej

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I just read all 19 pages.
Lucky you ******* :D.

Can you show the voice control in the next video? For example take a note using the voice.
Thank you man

ouchyoung

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Pics are not as good as expected

The phone's weight, in my opinion, is nothing to worry about given the phone's shape, the curve on the back, the soft glass, and overall, the way it fits in your hand.

You really feel like you have a nice piece of hardware in your hand. So the extra 20g over the 900 is nothing to worry about.

All these people dissing the phone for the weight are not being real at all. The phone sits perfectly in the hand and the 4.5 inch screen is very manageable with one hand compared to the S3, which I tried, and which requires enormous hand.

Correct.

Haven't added music yet to the phone. Will let you know some time this weekend.

Works amazingly well. All AUTO settings are way better than the 900. If you want to squeeze better details, then you can manually adjust the settings, but pocket-to-picture speed and quality are phenomenal as you can see in most pictures on my Skydrive.

Actually I don't think the photos, especially those taken in daytime, are as good as expected. They look like some pics taken by a cellphone with a normal camera, not so good as a cellphone advertised with the camera feature. The pics are not sharp, seem to be bad focused, especially when you look to the outer of the pic. For example, this pic:

https://public.bay.livefilestore.co...2DucF0BrX_teaTg/WP_20121030_026[1].jpg?psid=1

All the details are lost, you can figure out what they are, but they are just fuzzy.

I determined to buy this phone when Nokia announced it equipping with an OIS system, but now I am stepping back...

ouchyoung

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I don't think the camera is as good as Nokia advertised. Look at this:

WP_20121030_026%5B1%5D.jpg

All details are fuzzy, seems no focus at all. It's not even as good as a pic taken by a normal smartphone. Very disappointed. I was hoping this phone all the time, but now I am stepping back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte