First Pictures of 920 | Rogers Canada

Yakkaimono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't the 920 have a LiPo batterie like the 900? I remember seeing a pic of that somewhere. Though it doesn't matter much. They behave very similarly anyway.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't the 920 have a LiPo batterie like the 900? I remember seeing a pic of that somewhere. Though it doesn't matter much. They behave very similarly anyway.

With some quick binging and googling all references I find about the battery indicate it's a Li-ion.

That said, wasnt even aware that mobile phones have been having Li-pos recently.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey, how's the SIM tray thingie? I'm not familiar with the N9-body SIM tray, I understood it needs some special tool to open the gate? Is that provided?

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I used to work at RIM and had a lot of communication with the battery team. For all lith-ion based designs and similar, including replacement chemicals designed to improve upon the standard lith ion reactions, the further you discharge the battery before recharging it, the shorter the battery's lifespan.

There are dozens of reasons why, but are too many and too complex to explain in a short post. Suffice it to say, if you can charge the phone, regardless of current battery level, charge it. Even if it's only for 10 minutes. It is better for the battery.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
21780d1347767180-untitled.jpg

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, I guess it's a LiPo then. I only found some fairly vague third party references to it with nothing even close to official, didnt realize to check for images though!

Yakkaimono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey, how's the SIM tray thingie? I'm not familiar with the N9-body SIM tray, I understood it needs some special tool to open the gate? Is that provided?

Yes it is provided. Check out the unboxing videos. It's always placed under the 920 (a little piece of metal) when you take it out of the package.

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there any particular reason why this thread was not started under, or moved to, the Lumia 920 thread? This is clearly Lumia 920 focused, although there are questions being asked about WP8; but still, overwhelmingly, it is a Lumia 920 centric post.

Eyes Pried Open

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Do we think Rogers Canada will.get their act together and have a colour selection anytime soon?? If not and I buy an unlocked lumia 920 is it true that all the features won't work like mms etc? Cause if I get one I don't want black:(

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Do we think Rogers Canada will.get their act together and have a colour selection anytime soon?? If not and I buy an unlocked lumia 920 is it true that all the features won't work like mms etc? Cause if I get one I don't want black:(
This has already been covered. MMS and APN settings are available when it used to only be APN settings.

Also, I'm less concerned about Rogers getting their act together and getting more colours than I am about Rogers getting their act together and getting more ****ing 920s in stock. I have 14 stores in this city and not a single one has had, or has any WP8s.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

Yes the tool is provided with it. Very simple to pop in and out.

I used to work at RIM and had a lot of communication with the battery team. For all lith-ion based designs and similar, including replacement chemicals designed to improve upon the standard lith ion reactions, the further you discharge the battery before recharging it, the shorter the battery's lifespan.

There are dozens of reasons why, but are too many and too complex to explain in a short post. Suffice it to say, if you can charge the phone, regardless of current battery level, charge it. Even if it's only for 10 minutes. It is better for the battery.

From what I have studied in University about this topic, I can confirm that is true. The less time the battery spends charging in one time, the better as heat can't build up.

Is there any particular reason why this thread was not started under, or moved to, the Lumia 920 thread? This is clearly Lumia 920 focused, although there are questions being asked about WP8; but still, overwhelmingly, it is a Lumia 920 centric post.

I started the thread in the "heat of the moment" and this was also the first review of a WP8 so I thought I'd keep it general and post here.

This way, not only Nokia fans get the exposure.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
This has already been covered. MMS and APN settings are available when it used to only be APN settings.

Also, I'm less concerned about Rogers getting their act together and getting more colours than I am about Rogers getting their act together and getting more ****ing 920s in stock. I have 14 stores in this city and not a single one has had, or has any WP8s.

I heard that only 40 phones were sold in all Canada on Tuesday when I got mine. The city I live in, Windsor, with 210,000 population, only received 2 UNITS!!

Last edited:

thebordone

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Come on! :D Nokia is known for being the best out there in terms of signal, reception, and call quality. Nothing changes with the 920. Superb in this department.

What do you mean? Please be more detailed.
When adding a wireless network, can you check to to see if EAP TTLS is one of the available options for security types?

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
When adding a wireless network, can you check to to see if EAP TTLS is one of the available options for security types?

No need for you to manually pick. WP8 will pick for you automatically without any headache setting it up.

I connect to my university's EAP connection simply by putting my username and password.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I heard that only 40 phones were sold in all Canada on Tuesday when I got mine. The city I live in, Windsor, with 210,000 population, only received 2 UNITS!!
Yeah I know! It's awful. I live in Kitchener/Waterloo and not a single store has received any units or knows when they are getting them.

thebordone

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
No need for you to manually pick. WP8 will pick for you automatically without any headache setting it up.

I connect to my university's EAP connection simply by putting my username and password.
That's fantastic news for me. WP7.5 cannot connect to my university's wireless at the moment, so I really do hope I can just connect to it with WP8

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the videos mate. A couple of questions:
-is there any light bleeding onto the screen from capacitive buttons? i had this problem on my lumia 900. Try to make the screen black but still on.
-do the buttons stay on all the time? like the Tango-updated lumia 900
-when you plug it in to the charger, does it start charging immediately, or is there a 5-10 sec delay, like on the 900?
-is there a good range of volume from the speakers? my 900 has almost the same volume from 1/30 to 10/30.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99