First Pictures of 920 | Rogers Canada

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
By any chance do you have headphones with three buttons on them?
Does pause/play, volume up, volume down work?
And while i doubt it, could you see if double and triple click goes forward and back songs?

Cheers again mate! :happy:

Sorry I do not own such headphones.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Keep WIFI ON trick: iHeartRadio can keep WIFI ON during sleep as some of you know. The problem is that the app cannot be seen in the Store if you have a Canadian WP.

Well, that's about to change.

Here's how to do it:

- Download Nokia's App Highlights app
- Go to the Starter Kit category
- Download iHeartRadio from there!!
- Now launch the app, select a channel (I use New York Z100)
- Stop the stream and press the windows button and lock the phone
- WIFI should still be ON when you wake the phone up after the 30 seconds.

Report back and let me know if it worked with you guys.

DA DSGN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
xsever, if you want to get US only apps change your region and language setting to the US and you can get apps like iHeartRadio, Nokia Music and so on.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
xsever, if you want to get US only apps change your region and language setting to the US and you can get apps like iHeartRadio, Nokia Music and so on.

I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately, it's not.

I changed my region to the USA, and tried searching for spotify and iheartradio and could not find them.

I can download Nokia Music but I don't get offered the channels that show up on US-based phones.

Will keep looking into this though.

JSern

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately, it's not.

I changed my region to the USA, and tried searching for spotify and iheartradio and could not find them.

I can download Nokia Music but I don't get offered the channels that show up on US-based phones.

Will keep looking into this though.

So is this site telling the truth?
How To Access Windows Phone Marketplace On Not Supported Countries | Mister Jonjon - A Philippine based blog about technology. Made by a techno kid.

*Copy and Paste*

How To Access Windows Phone Marketplace On Not Supported Countries

Hi all. This tutorial is for the Windows Phone users there that lives on a country not currently being supported on the Windows Phone Marketplace. This is the case for me here in the Philippines. So without any further ado, here's the steps.

1. If you haven't created a Windows Live account, click here to create one. If you already have an account, click here (sign-in required) and follow the next steps.
2. Choose "United States" on the Country/region field.
3. Set-up your profile, account info, and any other stuffs that you want to add.
4. Once you have your Windows Phone, turn it on for the first time, and set-up everything.
5. If you're not asked to add your Windows Live account in the first time set-up, open Settings, then tap email+accounts, and then add your Windows Live account.
6. Launch Marketplace. Now this is where the very important step comes in. When you're asked to select your country, choose "United States"! If you have skipped this step then you will not have an access to the Marketplace!
7. The country that you will choose will be locked permanently on your Windows Live account, that's why I asked you to also choose "United States" when creating a Windows Live account.
8. That's it! Enjoy the Windows Live services on your Windows Phone. :)

By the way, even if the country is set to United States, you can go and try buying an app on your phone using your credit/debit card issued here in the Philippines. According to some sources, it works.

With this tutorial, you will also have access to other Windows Phone features that is only available at the supported countries.

Microsoft, please expand your services to many more countries! Windows Phones are now officially available here in the Philippines but the services are not! That sucks, ya know?

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
So is this site telling the truth?
How To Access Windows Phone Marketplace On Not Supported Countries | Mister Jonjon - A Philippine based blog about technology. Made by a techno kid.

*Copy and Paste*

How To Access Windows Phone Marketplace On Not Supported Countries

Hi all. This tutorial is for the Windows Phone users there that lives on a country not currently being supported on the Windows Phone Marketplace. This is the case for me here in the Philippines. So without any further ado, here's the steps.

1. If you haven't created a Windows Live account, click here to create one. If you already have an account, click here (sign-in required) and follow the next steps.
2. Choose "United States" on the Country/region field.
3. Set-up your profile, account info, and any other stuffs that you want to add.
4. Once you have your Windows Phone, turn it on for the first time, and set-up everything.
5. If you're not asked to add your Windows Live account in the first time set-up, open Settings, then tap email+accounts, and then add your Windows Live account.
6. Launch Marketplace. Now this is where the very important step comes in. When you're asked to select your country, choose "United States"! If you have skipped this step then you will not have an access to the Marketplace!
7. The country that you will choose will be locked permanently on your Windows Live account, that's why I asked you to also choose "United States" when creating a Windows Live account.
8. That's it! Enjoy the Windows Live services on your Windows Phone. :)

By the way, even if the country is set to United States, you can go and try buying an app on your phone using your credit/debit card issued here in the Philippines. According to some sources, it works.

With this tutorial, you will also have access to other Windows Phone features that is only available at the supported countries.

Microsoft, please expand your services to many more countries! Windows Phones are now officially available here in the Philippines but the services are not! That sucks, ya know?

I just went into my hotmail account and changed my location to USA and rebooted.

Now I tried Nokia Music and got the mixes channels!!!!! Thank you so much for this tip!

JSern

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I just went into my hotmail account and changed my location to USA and rebooted.

Now I tried Nokia Music and got the mixes channels!!!!! Thank you so much for this tip!

Aww Yeaah, glad to hear it works.
Still waiting for the 920 to arrive in Malaysia.

wexjunk

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

Yes, I want to do the same(get it from rogers).. however...
I want a "clean" firmware, no Rogers logo at boot time.
Nokia use to have "Phoenix Tools" where you could install any firmware on their Symbian phones.

Do you know if there is a similar thing for WP8?
I want faster updates plus, no rogers logo if possible :)

Thank You.

Last edited:

tacofiend

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Should you fully cycle the battery at least once out of the box (The lowest I've let it get is about 13%) or is that unnecessary?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Should you fully cycle the battery at least once out of the box (The lowest I've let it get is about 13%) or is that unnecessary?

As far as I know this is an old thing from Nimh-battery times. Your best bet is to check what the manual says. If it doesnt mention it, dont't necessarily do it. The general rule of thumb with Li-ion and Lipo batteries is that the lower you let the charge, the more the battery life suffers long term.

tacofiend

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know this is an old thing from Nimh-battery times. Your best bet is to check what the manual says. If it doesnt mention it, dont't necessarily do it. The general rule of thumb with Li-ion and Lipo batteries is that the lower you let the charge, the more the battery life suffers long term.

That's what I was thinking. The reason I asked was because I haven't let it go lower than 13% since I got it last Thurs, and I wasn't sure if maybe it was draining insanely fast today because I had it plugged into my Macbook Pro's USB port overnight instead of the charger. It looked to be fully charged when I left for work this morning but is already down to about 20% with Wifi, bluetooth, NFC and location all turned off with very little usage. I'm willing to bet it must not have actually charged through the computer.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had the habit of charging over night before, but I think with the Lumia 920 and wireless charging I'll put the wireless charger on my desk with the PC which is very much in the middle of the apartment (while nightstand is easily the most inconvenient place to access in all of this apartment) and then just always put it on the charger when I'm around home. At night keep it at the night stand off charging (unless for some reason I'm not home long enough before sleep to top it off) and perhaps even put it on the charger between waking up and actually leaving to school/work/something to top off whatever was lost over the night.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

Yes, I want to do the same(get it from rogers).. however...
I want a "clean" firmware, no Rogers logo at boot time.
Nokia use to have "Phoenix Tools" where you could install any firmware on their Symbian phones.

Do you know if there is a similar thing for WP8?
I want faster updates plus, no rogers logo if possible :)

Thank You.

Check out the xda developers forums. They have more info on this. As far as I know, firmwares can't be flashed to a pure "vanilla" ones yet.

kaupo8

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I spoke about the battery in detail in my Part 6 review video.
Well not relly, yo usaid its good and more than 900. The focus was bad, i saw 1d 9h from your screen remaining.

2nd question after surface storage surprise (only 16 GB free in 32GB version).
How much space takes wp8 without apps/songs/videos. I saw you got 20 GB free space in part6, but how much media files you have on device i am not shure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05