The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-06-2012 12:27 AM
85 1234
tools
    Question about taking videos in landscrape/portrait.

With the 900, there was an issue if you take a video in landscape (holding sideways) where you upload to fb or anyway will play sideways. When you open the file directly, the video would play sideways as well.

Is this issue still there? i never had a phone do that before whether taken portrait or landscape, the video played correctly on FB and when you open the file except for the 900. I've had two different 900s do this.
    10-30-2012 04:47 PM
    Is your browser set to mobile or desktop view?
    Desktop - does that make a difference?
    10-30-2012 05:00 PM
    Desktop - does that make a difference?
    ... well, does it? :D
    10-30-2012 05:10 PM
    Is the battery as bad as they say? I hope not.
    Who says?
    10-30-2012 05:34 PM
    Is there a possibility to shedule silent times or rings or anything?

That is the big thing I miss from Windows Phone (in contrast to Android).
    10-30-2012 05:34 PM
    Damn you, Unity. You're making this extremely hard not to go out and pick up one of these puppies this weekend! :)
    MAERSK likes this.
    10-30-2012 05:42 PM
    As bad as who says? I haven't read any legit reviews.
    Do not feed him. He is a known troll.
    MAERSK, TechAbstract and thpsrulr like this.
    10-30-2012 06:02 PM
    Since IE10 has flash baked in in Win8...does IE10 in WP8 have flash support? or no?

Not a big deal but I thought maybe it could? might?

How is the battery life anyways?

Oh and what GSM/UMTS/LTE bands are supported? Shouhld say on the back of the box. If I were to pick up Lumia920 and use it on a different carrier, which direction would be the way to go...internation? black only Rogers? or an AT&T model?
    10-30-2012 06:23 PM
    Shoot some low light pics. I want to witness magic.
    Disregard my battery statement. I'm going to chalk it up to new phone syndrome.
    10-30-2012 06:37 PM
    congrats! could you comment on the display? how are the blacks compared to the 900's
    10-30-2012 06:38 PM
    Bah! Just used my phone in low lighting and found 4 dead pixels on the screen.. going back to Rogers tomorrow :(
    10-30-2012 08:31 PM
    Bah! Just used my phone in low lighting and found 4 dead pixels on the screen.. going back to Rogers tomorrow :(
    It happens bud. I'm sure the next one will be fine. At least you got to fiddle with a 920 today.
    10-30-2012 08:53 PM
    Before you return it can you check what the Transfer my Data feature does? Saw it in the app list in a video. Thanks.
    10-30-2012 08:55 PM
    One thing I would do is get to Rogers first thing in the morning. They may not have many units.
    10-30-2012 09:05 PM
    Does WP8 separate the system/ringer volume from music volume? Hate how there was only one volume control in WP7.
    10-30-2012 09:17 PM
    Since IE10 has flash baked in in Win8...does IE10 in WP8 have flash support? or no?

Not a big deal but I thought maybe it could? might?

How is the battery life anyways?

Oh and what GSM/UMTS/LTE bands are supported? Shouhld say on the back of the box. If I were to pick up Lumia920 and use it on a different carrier, which direction would be the way to go...internation? black only Rogers? or an AT&T model?
    as far as flash is not supported, because Adobe make the decision as of August 15 this year to not make any more software for any mobile device, they are transitioning to HTML 5.
    AngryNil likes this.
    10-30-2012 09:21 PM
    I also would like to know about the low lighting pictures. That was the reason I sent my L900 back.

I'm SO freaking jealous of you for having it already! Dang AT&T....!
    10-30-2012 09:22 PM
    Take some pictures before you take it back
    10-30-2012 09:28 PM
    Does WP8 separate the system/ringer volume from music volume? Hate how there was only one volume control in WP7.
    I'd also like to know this. Not only does my Android phone have separate volumes for the ringer/music/alarm/alerts/system sounds but it also changes my media volume when it automatically connects to my car through bluetooth. Would be good if WP8 could offer something similar.
    10-30-2012 09:57 PM
    I'd also like to know this. Not only does my Android phone have separate volumes for the ringer/music/alarm/alerts/system sounds but it also changes my media volume when it automatically connects to my car through bluetooth. Would be good if WP8 could offer something similar.
    Even my older WM6.5 device has the separate volume controls (ringer/system). I think it sucks that the transition from WM6.5 to WP7 they left a lot of ideas behind that were very good/wanted ideas.
    10-30-2012 10:11 PM
    Does the volume still
    Blast on 01/30?
    rareohs likes this.
    10-30-2012 10:31 PM
    So today I picked up my Lumia 920 from Rogers (they wouldn't sell me it outright so I had to re-sign my contract), and I must say... this phone is freakin' amazing. The device is extremely smooth, the camera is fantastic (even the front facing camera), and the display is one of the best I've ever seen.

Some things I felt should be noted:

- The Facebook and Twitter applications have received significant speed improvements (you can actually use the Facebook app now)
    - Windows Phone 8 is much snappier than 7.5
    - The 920 still has that loud vibrate sound that the 900 had
    - The screen is very bright, and whites don't look grey
    - The phone is heavier than the average smartphone, but it actually compliments the design of the phone and you don't really notice it (I prefer it to be honest)
    - In IE10, you can set the default search engine as Google
    - You can turn off the extreme screen sensitivity (hasn't posed an issue though)
    - LTE speeds are fast- web pages load extremely fast
    - Windows Phone 8 brings a lot of new accent colours that are pleasing (really like the Steele grey)
    - Volume keys and un/lock key well constructed - no rattle or rocking - better than 900

The more I play around with the device the more I'll post up. Also, the Rogers variant came with headphones (US 900 didn't). Another thing worth mentioning is that there is a slight hiccup/delay when you pull up the setting menu in the camera (nothing new here, same thing that happened on 7.5). It's not really lag, just a slower animation compared to the rest of the phone when the menu pops up.

Overall, this phone is a huge improvement from the 900. The screen is amazing, the phone is fast, and the camera finally competes with the Galaxy series and iPhone line up.

Edit: Another thing worth noting is that for available memory (right out of the box) it says 26 GB (assuming my phone has a capacity of 32GB storage).

If you have any questions about the phone feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.
    Congruts on your new Lumia 920. Thanks for the review.

1) Lumia 920 has Digital Dolby sound. So how good is the speakers while listening to music and attend calls?
    2) Does the music stops playing when you close Nokia Music or just like WP7.5 it keeps on playing thus creating need for 3rd party apps like Stop Music?
    3) What are the additional features in Nokia Drive+ compared to Nokia Drive?
    Last edited by maverick786us; 10-31-2012 at 01:14 AM.
    10-31-2012 01:02 AM
    - In IE10, you can set the default search engine as Google
    Little gems like this matter. Thanks.

I hope Google fixes how IE gets taken to an ugly version of mobile search rather than this:
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/10/3...debar-redesign
    10-31-2012 01:16 AM
    Does it have the ability to customize text tones for individual contacts? For example, let's say I want Bob to have a specific tone when I get a text from him that's different from my standard tone. Or just silent and vibration off if I don't want a notification.

This is probably an OS question, but i figured since you have the 920, you can find out. ;) That was 1 minor thing I found annoying about WP7.
    iphonemilk likes this.
    10-31-2012 02:31 AM
    Does the volume still
    Blast on 01/30?
    2nd
    10-31-2012 09:50 AM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD