11-05-2012 03:27 PM
32 12
tools
    According to dialaphone who did a full review on the 920 stated the camera in the iPhone 5 shows more detail and produced better colors while the 920 was slightly blurring and had a red hue . http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/blog/2012/10/29/nokia-lumia-920-charge-of-the-light-brigade/

The picture comparison is on the home page
    10-31-2012 11:01 AM
    According to dialaphone who did a full review on the 920 stated the camera in the iPhone 5 shows more detail and produced better colors while the 920 was slightly blurring and had a red hue . Nokia Lumia 920 Review: | Mobile Phone Reviews

The picture comparison is on the home page
    Looks to me in the first picture the iPhone 5 has a very very slight blueish hue, but when you look at the cropped image, the iPhone does display more detail, which is odd because the Nokia's sensor is 8.7MP and the iPhone 5 is 8MP. I wonder if the aperture (which affects depth of field) has anything to do with this? In the cropped Nokia photo, it looks more like the leaves are out of focus rather than a lack of detail. It does look a tad bit grainy, but not too much.

Here's another one, but they're comparing to a 8X and 4S.

Nokia Lumia 920

In that one, the 8X seems to do the best according to my eyes. =/

EDIT: The lack of detail may be due to the aggressive noise reduction.
    Last edited by alpinestars1Z; 10-31-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    10-31-2012 01:09 PM
    I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is. The fact that the Pureview sensor in the 920 is not the same as the 808 has been discussed ad nauseam. The point is for it to be a better camera/video camera than competing phones. If it turns out not to be better than an iPhone or other smartphones out there then that's another story.
    I think it is simple - Juanfpo96 is most likely a die hard Symbian and/or Meego fan, and is embittered by Nokia's decision to make WP their primary OS. The shine of the Pureview technology is with the Lumia 920, even though the iteration of Pureview is different, and that's not an easy pill to swallow for the diehard Symbian fans.

He would feel much more at home at AAS or MyNokiaBlog :)
    10-31-2012 03:16 PM
    Wow, this forum is sinking under the weight of ***** trolls yet again. Probably time for me to take another break. Not much fun to come here when 1 in 3 posts is garbage like this.
    10-31-2012 04:14 PM
    I think it is simple - Juanfpo96 is most likely a die hard Symbian and/or Meego fan, and is embittered by Nokia's decision to make WP their primary OS. The shine of the Pureview technology is with the Lumia 920, even though the iteration of Pureview is different, and that's not an easy pill to swallow for the diehard Symbian fans.

He would feel much more at home at AAS or MyNokiaBlog :)
    I like the WP8, is muhc, much better than Symbian (but not Meego as it is Linux). But I hate they call things wrong. They updated the camera. But that isnot a excuse for marketing of the Pureview name that so good has done with the Nokia 808. I expected really a lot more of the Lumia 920. But whenI saw this garbage (in terms of Pureview) I thought that Nokia became Crazy or something. The real Pureview will come on 2013 and that will be a great sensor with 12Mpx and a real Pureview effect that makes photos and videos look sharper with lots of detail and light.
    10-31-2012 06:11 PM
    Super excited to get my Lumia 920! I can't wait!
    10-31-2012 06:20 PM
    Super excited to get my Lumia 920! I can't wait!
    Yes I'm also excited. But I'm from Spain and it will come out in December or January. And I don't trust really much the resellers. Anyone who can tell me about a good one?

Also many more reviews have as a clear winner the Nokia 808 Pureview. I think Lumia 920 its just a transition phone until it comes the real pureview.

PureView shootout: Nokia 808 vs Nokia Lumia 920
    11-05-2012 03:27 PM
32 12