Pictures/Videos taken with your 920!

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I wish they would implement easier camera adjustments. A small button overlay of the available settings and adjustments via volume controls would be a nice feature.

I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't let Nokia port their own camera UI to WP ... its so much better..

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just went outside to take some pics of the 3 year old grandson riding his new electric motorcycle. Decided to hit "video" instead. Followed him around for about 1 minute. While I was walking, I assumed I was not doing that good of a job keeping him centered. And the brightness outside made it difficult to know how good the lighting and such was.

Then I went inside and sat for a cup of coffee. Decided to check on the video. Hit play.

Holy cow! It's stunning! I can't believe how nice the lighting and colors and clarity. And you could barely tell I was walking. So smoooooth.

This beats the heck outta lugging around a dedicated video camera. And nothing to download. Its all there. Ready to share with family.

This is so much more than a cell phone. Just amazing. 😊

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
These new portico update photos are so impressive I actually decided to pick up another lumia to try out! Flying out to Tahoe in March and my optimus g just doesn't cut it as far as pictures are concerned.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

dht1986

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
anyone having trouble with focus after the update? mostly happens outside in daylight, but Ill hold the shutter half way down and aim at grass or something and it wont focus and beep like its supposed to. anyone?

I got my phone right before Christmas, and ran the update right away, and so not sure how things worked without the update. I am also having trouble with the auto focus though. When the phone finds a focus (box around the focal point becomes solid and doesn't blink), all pictures I've gotten have been astounding. Camera lives up to its billing in every which way. But very often, and for some reason this seems to happen with pictures taken of objects at a distance (at least 40 feet away), the camera never locks its focus. I can see it trying to focus on the screen, even going past it, but it never stays on it, and the box disappears altogether. I try multiple times half pressing the shutter button, but it repetitively fails to get a focus lock. Sometimes if shift the aim slightly, I can get a lock. Here are some examples of what I get:

Bad:
WP_20121228_014.jpg

Good:
WP_20121228_015.jpg

Bad:
WP_20121228_026.jpg

Good:
WP_20121228_025.jpg

Bad:
WP_20121229_026.jpg

Good:
WP_20121229_025.jpg

When I try to manually focus on points by touching the screen, it shows the same behavior -- trying to get a focus, appears to move past the focal point, but does not lock.

This is highly disappointing, as the camera was a big reason I got this phone, and I'm loving most other things about it. My two year old iPhone 4 takes pictures in these situations without a hitch, which is a sad.

Anyone else have similar behavior?

mrtapout1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone right before Christmas, and ran the update right away, and so not sure how things worked without the update. I am also having trouble with the auto focus though. When the phone finds a focus (box around the focal point becomes solid and doesn't blink), all pictures I've gotten have been astounding. Camera lives up to its billing in every which way. But very often, and for some reason this seems to happen with pictures taken of objects at a distance (at least 40 feet away), the camera never locks its focus. I can see it trying to focus on the screen, even going past it, but it never stays on it, and the box disappears altogether. I try multiple times half pressing the shutter button, but it repetitively fails to get a focus lock. Sometimes if shift the aim slightly, I can get a lock. Here are some examples of what I get:

Bad:

Good:

Bad:

Good:

Bad:

Good:

When I try to manually focus on points by touching the screen, it shows the same behavior -- trying to get a focus, appears to move past the focal point, but does not lock.

This is highly disappointing, as the camera was a big reason I got this phone, and I'm loving most other things about it. My two year old iPhone 4 takes pictures in these situations without a hitch, which is a sad.

Anyone else have similar behavior?

You described the issue I was complaining about to a tee. The camerapro app solved my issue. When things don't focus, I use the manual focus option in the app, works like a charm. I can also confirm that the manual focus on camerapro is able to get closer in macro type shots.

More pics using camerapro

my wife and I
WP_20121228_05220121228193522.jpg

taken in a Costco parking lot. The dynamic range on this camera is amazing.
20121229_162517.jpg

cool reflection pic off the top of our car
20121229_160717.jpg

my wife's eye
20121229_151505.jpg

upclose manual focus shot of wooden alligator
20121229_121203.jpg

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
y3e3a9ut.jpg

ate7azeq.jpg

e7a4e7u5.jpg

Some recent random pics. Still not as sharp but hopefully this will get fixed. Saw no difference in quality in the last update. It's just a post processing issue definitely not hardware cause the image the lens pics up that shows on the screen is incredible then when you snap it's a totally different image.

Sent from my 64gig "New" iPad using Tapatalk

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
2.49 down the drain for that camera pro app. Everyone needs to stop fronting and accept that Nokia needs to fix this focus issue.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs