Pictures/Videos taken with your 920!

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Saw no difference in quality in the last update. It's just a post processing issue definitely not hardware cause the image the lens pics up that shows on the screen is incredible then when you snap it's a totally different image.

2.49 down the drain for that camera pro app. Everyone needs to stop fronting and accept that Nokia needs to fix this focus issue.

No, I'm afraid it's you who need to learn how to interpret the 8MP image result shown on 1MP display. The extra sharpness shown right before image is taken is due to the "nearest-sample" image scaling algorithm used for fast real-time update of display. It's a fake sharpness so to speak with lots of moire effect and jagged lines. You can get kind of look in post-processing if you so desire. For final rendering they apply a smoothing filter (as always done in any half decent picture rendering program) for rendering so you perceive less sharpness in 1MP. It has nothing to do with the sharpness of the 8MP image saved. The camera is fine.

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm afraid it's you who need to learn how to interpret the 8MP image result shown on 1MP display. The extra sharpness shown right before image is taken is due to the "nearest-sample" image scaling algorithm used for fast real-time update of display. It's a fake sharpness so to speak with lots of moire effect and jagged lines. You can get kind of look in post-processing if you so desire. For final rendering they apply a smoothing filter (as always done in any half decent picture rendering program) for rendering so you perceive less sharpness in 1MP. It has nothing to do with the sharpness of the 8MP image saved. The camera is fine.

Sorry its a focus issue. Let's accept it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Your pictures certainly do not show it.

You know it yourself. Its very hit or miss with this camera. Too many retakes to get the picture you are happy with. I am not turning my back on her just wish Nokia would have polished this out before launch. No need to spend 2 minutes before taking a photo tweaking it manually when 9 times out of 10 it should just be point and shoot.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You know it yourself. Its very hit or miss with this camera. Too many retakes to get the picture you are happy with. I am not turning my back on her just wish Nokia would have polished this out before launch. No need to spend 2 minutes before taking a photo tweaking it manually when 9 times out of 10 it should just be point and shoot.

I do think there is a separate AF issue that affected my shot a few times but it happens so rarely I don't consider it a serious issue. Regardless, your comment that there is a bug because the viewfinder image is sharper than the final image is simply wrong and needs to be stopped because it feeds every new whiners that come here. Again, your shots look fine. I'd say the 920 actually looks about the same or sharper than iphone's image. Not sure what you are trying to say with those pictures..

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I do think there is a separate AF issue that affected my shot a few times but it happens so rarely I don't consider it a serious issue. Regardless, your comment that there is a bug because the viewfinder image is sharper than the final image is simply wrong and needs to be stopped because it feeds every new whiners that come here. Again, your shots look fine. I'd say the 920 actually looks about the same or sharper than iphone's image. Not sure what you are trying to say with those pictures..

Whatever buddy you are in super denial mode here. The camera has issues and needs to be fixed and that's just a fact. I am sure many agree. Anyways hopefully I can post some nice shots of Time Square tonight if I get there.

Sent from my 64gig "New" iPad using Tapatalk

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just to make myself clear here I love my 920 and am very happy with it. As far as taking the crown as best camera phone I would say not yet until certain things are tweaked. Not my first day at the rodeo and no I am not one of those that think this is supposed to replace my dslr. It's just obvious things that Nokia needs to fix. These are just my views and take it with a grain of salt whatever I have to say as cell phones are one of my hobbies and I have owned almost every high end phone to date so I have a lot to compare my 920 to. Ok back on topic with posting pics. Just wish I can upload from my phone. Anyways take care everyone.

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I love the 920 as well and it definitely has the best lens on the market for camera phones except the Nokia 808 but come on that is 41 megapixel camera!?

There is one area Nokia needs to improve on the 920 and that in my opinion is landscape mode.

When taking close up shots they are unbelievable and low light is really good as well. The biggest issue is landscape that is 25+ feet away. But it appears Nokia can fix this because the camera does take amazing photos in the right situations.

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/31/y3e3a9ut.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/31/ate7azeq.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/31/e7a4e7u5.jpg
Some recent random pics. Still not as sharp but hopefully this will get fixed. Saw no difference in quality in the last update. It's just a post processing issue definitely not hardware cause the image the lens pics up that shows on the screen is incredible then when you snap it's a totally different image.

Almost looks like Grand Army Plaza... but I haven't been around there in years.

Mr37

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Very True .... objects moves in matter of seconds, scenes change quick, It should be point and shot. Plus the you can clearly see the sharpness difference between 920 and iphone ... Damn makes me sad.

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Very True .... objects moves in matter of seconds, scenes change quick, It should be point and shot. Plus the you can clearly see the sharpness difference between 920 and iphone ... Damn makes me sad.

Watch Nokia will fix with update, it still takes some of the best pictures in many different scenarios.

check out these close up shots I've taken so far.
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Last edited:

avi920

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb