Pictures/Videos taken with your 920!

jsgross

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Daylight pic

This was taken moments ago with the ISO set to 200 and the exposure to -1/3 stop. Autmatic upload to Skydrive and download to my pc. I resized it to be able to upload it. The sky is a hazy blue. Not real brilliant. I think that the image accurately depicted the subject.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
How do you post pictures from phone to this website in the forums?

But anyways here are my two pictures from my phone they seem to bright for some odd reason. Like its looking through a window.

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

Sean Nikmorad

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I figured out the picture size/softness issue!!

emailing the pictures will result in half the pixels fyi. I think having the aperture on f2 all the time is what makes things look soft. Up close it will look great, but with nothing close to focus on, the picture comes out softer than we would like

Last edited:

Sean Nikmorad

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
a few shots. These are compressed through photobucket though
WP_20121111_033.jpg

WP_20121110_134.jpg

WP_20121110_105.jpg

Sean Nikmorad

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Also, I noticed shots come out sharper when using the shutter button on the side of the phone. Hold it half way down to focus the shot, then press it. The focus area will be wider also.

Sean Nikmorad

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I just compared skydrive pic to one transferred to my PC directly and the skydrive one is slighty softer with shadows more light. Not a huge difference, but definetly noticeable to me. And this is with my phone settings on best quality for sky drive

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Also, I noticed shots come out sharper when using the shutter button on the side of the phone. Hold it half way down to focus the shot, then press it. The focus area will be wider also.

This is how I take all photos.

...maybe all the 'bad shots' are just bad hands. ;)

:p

JD Miles

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Wish I had a 920 to play with.
I am reminded of the narrow/shallow depth of field that a strong telephoto creates when I view the "soft" effect in some of these samples.It is not so much that they are blurry but that they are not in focus in front or behind of an area which is in clear focus.Similarly, a wide angle lens set to infinity where both the foreground and background are in clear focus relative to each other, which is the effect I would have expected from this camera. Not a photographer but I think I am stating this correctly.
The low light ability is obviously second to none on a phone or even many point and shoot cameras!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05