Pictures/Videos taken with your 920!

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Here are some photos I took over the past two days with my 920.

Overall I am happy with the photo quality I am seeing. Night time photos are awesome, and day-time are O.K.

One thing I will say is that taking photos with the Lumia is a pure joy. I seem to be taking photos of EVERYTHING, just because of how fun and easy it is with this phone.

These were taken throughout the Chicago, day and night.

edit...

Looks like I will have to post a couple responses to get everything I want up.

Last edited:

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
These were taken at the Lincoln Park Conservatory in Chicago, IL.

One of my favorite winter escapes! And, it's free! :)

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I record in both, but as you can see from the video it was shot in a spur of the moment situation.

Portrait is more convenient for a quick shot.

I'll record and upload a landscape video later.

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

Those pics look way more sharper than what we have seen previously. When you zoom to 100% details are there and everythink is sharp. Care to explain :D Could this be different firmware in action or just good photographer.

EDIT: I noticed that pics are 1999 pixel width when some other pics shows 2000 pixels.

Last edited:

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw4g-rsMrgA[/YT]

just quick "lower" light video, dark overcast clouds outside and only 1 window, phone makes it look brighter in room than what it really is.

Last edited:

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Today's pet photo:

Su3uS.jpg

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
dude that's not low light. lol

wanna come over and see how much light ISN'T coming into the room? One window and no other lights on is low light. The camera makes it look brighter than what it is in here.

I could rename it "lower right" if it makes you feel better ^_^

masciam

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else noticed that macro pictures look just fine even in daylight? They might look soft compared to the other phones but that's because Nokia isn't oversharpening them like most do.

Gives me more reason to believe this is a software issue!

For the 920 owners out there - Does it switch to macro automatically or there ir a macro mode?

awesomeplant

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Was at a small amusement park in Dallas where some family had a drag race. Figured it was a good opportunity for a 1080p camera test. I think the sun had just set, and it was very windy. You can seen the lens floating around a bit, and there's some interesting color fluctuation right at the end (switch to 1080p).

Dragster Driveby - Nokia Lumia 920 1080p sample - YouTube

Also, my favorite photos so far... from a dive bar in the middle of Dallas.. From the roof, I managed to capture some stars while taking a picture of some hanging lights.. pretty impressive for being in the middle of a city :) Also a shot of the sun/sky before sunset yesterday.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I use my phone camera a lot (I have almost 1500 pictures in my iphone) and it pretty much replaced my point and shoot camera. Right now it's either the phone or my 60d, which is not exactly portable.

Well you are like me.. its usually either my dslr (canon xti) or my phone. My DSLR usage started declining when I got an N8 in 2010, and it went even further down when I got my 808. I still use it.. but its more for "special" occasions, and the 808 is for daily photography.

That said, you need an 808.. I don't quite understand the "niche" product label, its a proper smartphone, and camera works as advertised.

The top 5 for daylight

1. Nokia 808 (huge margin)
2. Nokia N8
3. Samsung Pixon 12
4. iPhone 5
5. iPhone 4s/SE Satio

If nokia gets the jpeg processing right on the 920 in can easily be a top daytime camera.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Those pics look way more sharper than what we have seen previously. When you zoom to 100% details are there and everythink is sharp. Care to explain :D Could this be different firmware in action or just good photographer.

EDIT: I noticed that pics are 1999 pixel width when some other pics shows 2000 pixels.

I have no explanation?

I really was just pointing, shooting, and then uploading.

Anyone else noticed that macro pictures look just fine even in daylight? They might look soft compared to the other phones but that's because Nokia isn't oversharpening them like most do.

Gives me more reason to believe this is a software issue!

For the 920 owners out there - Does it switch to macro automatically or there ir a macro mode?

It did automatically change to Macro mode.. at least it seems to have.

Last edited:

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have no explanation?

I really was just pointing, shooting, and then uploading.

How did you upload those pics? Are those in skydrive? I noticed that pics are well under 1Mb of size when some pics that are uploaded to skydrive are well over 2Mb of size or even 3Mb.

So what is going on? Does skydrive crap picture quality or is jpeg-compression working in your pictures.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
How did you upload those pics? Are those in skydrive? I noticed that pics are well under 1Mb of size when some pics that are uploaded to skydrive are well over 2Mb of size or even 3Mb.

So what is going on? Does skydrive crap picture quality or is jpeg-compression working in your pictures.

I used the Windows Phone 8 app on my Win8 pc to download the photos to a folder on my desktop.

Then, I just used the attachment tool that looks like a paper clip above this text box...haha

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
wanna come over and see how much light ISN'T coming into the room? One window and no other lights on is low light. The camera makes it look brighter than what it is in here.

I could rename it "lower right" if it makes you feel better ^_^

lighten up a bit , its not a personal attack on you. I was just expecting a video outside a nighttime that's all. :cool:

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I used the Windows Phone 8 app on my Win8 pc to download the photos to a folder on my desktop.

Then, I just used the attachment tool that looks like a paper clip above this text box...haha

Hmmm... then i think skydrive is reason for blurry shot. I went through all photos posted in to this thread and found out what is common to blurry and sharp photos.

Blurry photos have resolution of 3552x2000 and file size strangely large for jpeg. Usually well over 2Mb and those pics are one that are uploaded to skydrive.

Sharp photos have resolution of 3550x1999,3551x1999 or 3552x1999 but width is always 1999. Those pics are not uploaded to skydrive and file size is usually well under 1Mb.

For me it looks like skydrive photos are actually 2 same photos combined to one photo and it is 1 pixel of from each other. That would explain large file size and 2000 pixel width.

So can we make conclusion that skydrive indeed craps your images? Could someone make comparison. Upload same photo to skydrive and then same one through PC and upload to it somewhere else but skydrive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo