Pictures/Videos taken with your 920!

DROBinhood

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I seriously can't get over the low-light photography on this thing. I walked around my campus tonight with the 920 in one hand and my old Samsung Focus in the other. The comparison shots are absurd.

jh61ae.jpg
2eg67nk.jpg
vr6h6v.jpg
2gsfl01.jpg

Last edited:

yunchikan

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
CS20121122124929.jpg

edited with creative studio

chobits

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
After i've seen many photos from the 920, i dont understand why the results are inconsistent ....
i mean mostly it looks pale, cold, and washed out.
and some look stunning (like the sky is really blue) and the color is perfect ....

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
After i've seen many photos from the 920, i dont understand why the results are inconsistent ....
i mean mostly it looks pale, cold, and washed out.
and some look stunning (like the sky is really blue) and the color is perfect ....

You get out of it what you put in. Auto mode will not be ideal for every shot.

guyverl

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
WP_20121123_018.jpg
WP_20121123_017.jpg

Taken in Liverpool town centre today :)

p.s. Does anybody else think that the originals for the Lumia 920 look fantastic, but when uploaded (presumably compressed and rendered for preview) the 920's pictures seem to fare worse (more noise and blurriness) compared to pictures taken on other phones?

It's almost like the compression doesn't play nicely with the 920's pictures!

Of course I could just be going mad :winktongue:

Last edited:

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 23461
View attachment 23462

Taken in Liverpool town centre today :)

p.s. Does anybody else think that the originals for the Lumia 920 look fantastic, but when uploaded (presumably compressed and rendered for preview) the 920's pictures seem to fare worse (more noise and blurriness) compared to pictures taken on other phones?

It's almost like the compression doesn't play nicely with the 920's pictures!

Of course I could just be going mad :winktongue:

It is hard to say. I know the default setting for uploading to skydrive is not the full version. You can change that and then upload when you are connected to WiFi.

guyverl

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It is hard to say. I know the default setting for uploading to skydrive is not the full version. You can change that and then upload when you are connected to WiFi.

What I mean is, if you look at the 'preview' of the pictures embedded in the posts they look quite blurry/noisy. This is to be expected of course (they are scaled down to fit after all!) but I feel like the Lumia's pictures suffer MORE than other phones in this regard.

I think I noticed this when Engadget did their photo comparisons in their 920 review too. A lot of the pictures when embedded in their review page looked overly blurry etc when compared to other phones' embedded images. When clicking to the full size originals the quality difference between the compressed and the full size image was more stark with the Lumia than the other phones (e.g. iPhone 5, Samsung GSIII) etc.

Thanks, have uploaded the images in full resolution :)

WPmaster

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I recorded this concert on Nov. 2nd using the Rogers Black Lumia 920 which I basically got before everyone else(was 3rd in line for reservations.) in October. My friend and I dance like crazy, my hands were shaking like no other. I am so impressed by the image stabilization technology. I know I promised to upload this way earlier but it's a 2 hour upload with my ****ty internet. 3:55+ mark if you want to see how well OIS works.
Squarepusher - 'Dark Steering' Concert Toronto Live with Lumia 920 11/02/12 - YouTube

S_C_B

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'd say this is some good low light photography.

I took a screenshot of my 920 screen.

Before Shot.jpg

I then took a picture with no flash.

After Shot.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99