Pictures/Videos taken with your 920!

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Viewing from my phone right now those look great. I've never had a phone take pictures worth "it" when it comes to fireworks.
I am assuming you used night mode?

danjah

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Viewing from my phone right now those look great. I've never had a phone take pictures worth "it" when it comes to fireworks.
I am assuming you used night mode?

Yeah, I know, me neither. Actually I left everything in auto-mode, except for the ISO setting which in my opinion gave the most realistic photos at 200.

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My New Year Eve pics by Lumia920

I flashed my LM with the Portico update using NaviFirm (since the official Portico is not release in our region yet)

I feel good with its quality now, and hope Nokia will keep on improving the camera quality ^ ^.

WP_20121231_023.jpg
WP_20130101_003.jpg
WP_20121231_045.jpg
20121231_232612.jpg
20121231_234602.jpg

For the original images, I uploaded them here http://sdrv.ms/VxMv5R
All images are untouched.

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Coming from being a hardcore android forum guy it doesn't surprise me at all. Forums typically draw in more complaints then compliments. I guess it's the nature of forums ya?

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Some more random pics.
ru5emeva.jpg

ty6era3y.jpg

aramu9a8.jpg

ehu7e6y6.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dht1986

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
You described the issue I was complaining about to a tee. The camerapro app solved my issue. When things don't focus, I use the manual focus option in the app, works like a charm. I can also confirm that the manual focus on camerapro is able to get closer in macro type shots.

That was it! Just needed the app to control focus myself. Now that I can do this for distance shots, I can get amazing shots in all conditions. Nevertheless, this must be a flaw in the camera, hopefully in software which can be fixed. Disappointing that this obvious flaw was allowed to ship. Daytime landscape pics are some of the most common people shoot.

FYI, I chatted with Nokia support about this, and they claim to have never heard of the issue before. They did say that it would be passed along to management, and that further updates are coming, although they couldn't comment as to when.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My night shots always look grainy when I put them on my laptop. They tend to look a lot better on the phone though. Why is that?

WP_20130101_055.jpg

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Night shots taken before I saw the point above about kicking down ISO. I believe I saw someone recommend a setting of 200. Will try that for future night shots.

With out flash or focus assist light.

WP_20130101_077.jpg

With Flash.

WP_20130101_078.jpg

Without Flash or Focus Assist Light again.

WP_20130101_063.jpg

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why people are complaining about the camera, here are some random shots I took with my Lumia 920, all were on automatic mode with flash turned off:
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

I believe one of my photos might pop up in a Microsoft Lumia 920 marketing presser.

Well I am complaining because I do not think Lumia 920 takes good pictures. Here are some of my examples, http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/200218-31.htm
look at my post "barareklam" woman with coctail in hand, and picture below taken with my 2 years old Nokia N8, face of a man, about same conditions, much much worse photos with my new Lumia 920. Do you now see why people complaining?

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I am complaining because I do not think Lumia 920 takes good pictures. Here are some of my examples, http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/200218-31.htm
look at my post "barareklam" woman with coctail in hand, and picture below taken with my 2 years old Nokia N8, face of a man, about same conditions, much much worse photos with my new Lumia 920. Do you now see why people complaining?

Um, what? You've used FLASH with your N8, but have NOT used it with the Lumia 920. Of course the photo with flash firing will be "better" and "sharper", since there's simply more light and thus more information.

That's not a fair comparison, and proves nothing at all (other than that you're intentionally giving your N8 an advantage and putting the Lumia down unfairly.)

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Um, what? You've used FLASH with your N8, but have NOT used it with the Lumia 920. Of course the photo with flash firing will be "better" and "sharper", since there's simply more light and thus more information.

That's not a fair comparison, and proves nothing at all (other than that you're intentionally giving your N8 an advantage and putting the Lumia down unfairly.)

Flash did fired on both phones, look closely on womens glasses and you can see white spot, which is flash reflection. I am not putting Lumia down, why should I, I have both phones and both are Nokias.
Please take a look at gsm arenas review, point green rectangle on left picture on girls eyes and you can be able to see what I am talking about, why I am dissaopointed wtih my new phone.
Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Flash did fired on both phones, look closely on womens glasses and you can see white spot, which is flash reflection. I am not putting Lumia down, why should I, I have both phones and both are Nokias.
Please take a look at gsm arenas review, point green rectangle on left picture on girls eyes and you can be able to see what I am talking about, why I am dissaopointed wtih my new phone.
Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com

Point it over to the grass and rocks section. Huge difference in detail. 920 has major focusing issues and we all need to just admit it. Not totally disappointed but just expected more. Nokia really needs to fix this fast. As of right now 808/i5 take the crown. 920 has some catching up to do behind some android heavy weights and the i5.

Sent from my 64gig "New" iPad using Tapatalk

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, off course I admitted it and also expected more.
Even I have little problem with my camera now, I still hope that Nokia can beat the iPhone's camera as the camera feature is the LM920 killer feature.

Just on par with iPhone 5 camera is not enough to be the killer feature.

PS. But I saw the progress on the 1st update here. So, I believe that, we can expect more from Nokia. (If Microsoft not so stubborn and interfere with Nokia's work).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo