Pictures/Videos taken with your 920!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Man today I lined up with an S3 taking some shots. The pics on that phone looks ALOT brighter and cleaner. Everyone else agreed.

I was embarrassed :(

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Man today I lined up with an S3 taking some shots. The pics on that phone looks ALOT brighter and cleaner. Everyone else agreed.

I have an S3 and my Lumia 920 takes better pictures. I can post comparison if you are interested. I will say coming from an S3 which is more a point and shoot phone you have to know your Lumia to maximize the picture quality. What was the setting of the pictures?

Noskal

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I have an S3 and my Lumia 920 takes better pictures. I can post comparison if you are interested. I will say coming from an S3 which is more a point and shoot phone you have to know your Lumia to maximize the picture quality. What was the setting of the pictures?

Yes, please! I'm very interested with this case. Is it the phone? Is it the man behind the gun? Or is it just a matter of taste? :D

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I did a two week comparison between the S3 & Lumia 920 just on the camera before I made my decision to keep it. I still have my S3 so doing a fresh round of comparison would be fun:) I'm guessing your camera show down took place in some what poor or low lighting?

Yes it is some what the man or woman behind the camera. Some of my S3 photos looked brighter on the screen but soon as I put them on the PC that's where the real truth was exposed. But indoor settings or low light where the night feature was not quite needed is where I saw the S3 win. That is till someone suggested to me that I put the ISO on 100-200 with everything else on auto and my pictures rock in low light settings! Out door with good lighting most phones now a days take good pictures.

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

My GF using S3 and the first moment I saw it's pics, my thought is the same as you have now.
But when I transfer those pics into my PC, what I found is the real color & sharpness of those pics are quite different from what we saw on S3 screen.

You can test it yourself, try to get those images and see from your PC.

The reason is, the SuperAMOLED screen which produced a over saturated color and sharpness.
You can send the images you took with LM920 to S3, and see the different of your images when they are on SuperAMOLED screen yourself too.

Anyway, the S3 camera is still one of the good phone camera. But to me, it's not better than Lumia920's and I'm not embarrass at all.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My GF using S3 and the first moment I saw it's pics, my thought is the same as you have now.
But when I transfer those pics into my PC, what I found is the real color & sharpness of those pics are quite different from what we saw on S3 screen.

You can test it yourself, try to get those images and see from your PC.

The reason is, the SuperAMOLED screen which produced a over saturated color and sharpness.
You can send the images you took with LM920 to S3, and see the different of your images when they are on SuperAMOLED screen yourself too.

Anyway, the S3 camera is still one of the good phone camera. But to me, it's not better than Lumia920's and I'm not embarrass at all.

I've heard that. But a PC was not around at the same time. Here are the shots. Both are with the lumia. Would like to see what his looked like.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5B700CA437579731!310&authkey=!ANas-IXkyaluq0Y

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5B700CA437579731!307&authkey=!AFawHr673GDVW6o

anon(5355319)

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

Omar Khan1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Try turning your ISO to 200 and you should not have those blurry glares from the light. Also i almost always use camera button to ensure i get a nice focused shot. Did you use auto or night mode?

I did try ISO 200 for a couple of shots. I was using auto mode. Referring to the photos with the boats... is it normal for such shots to be so blurry. I am getting the feeling that the OIS on the phone is not functioning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb