Pictures/Videos taken with your 920!

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's smart!! Impressed. In case you think 'lazy' I was asking Sanders2232 - after using the S3, how does the 920 compare camcorder and camera wise - from a personal point of view? Thanks

Hope you don't mind if I would share my point of view here.
I own the LM920 and my GF using the SSGS3, so this is what I found comparing the images and video quality.

The thing is, S3 produce the good images quality on it's screen (sharp and colorful image).
If you compare the result on both phone screen, S3 will win in most of the people point of view.
( you can try sending the image taken from your LM920 and see it on S3 screen, you will see the difference)

But, if you look into those shots on your PC or Laptop screen, the result will be upside down.
The images taken by S3 look grainy and pale and lack of details comparing with LM920. If you zoom in about 50% of the actual size, you will see it clearly.
So, the images on PC/Laptop screen, I choose the LM920 over S3.

As for the video quality, S3 also give you the good HD video quality.
But that's can't compare with what LM920 will give you.

The superb sound/audio quality and the optical stabilization of LM920, I would say, it can beat most of the current smartphone in the market.

Anyway, the S3's camera is good for social networking and instagram.
But if you want to make use of those images in PC, you need to do more post-processing than the images you got from LM920.

PS. I updated my GF S3 with the latest firmware from Samsung. Now, S3 also has the feature to take the low-light shot.
I'm quite impressed with S3 low-light shot quality (on it's screen off course) and that's more than enough for my GF that she can use them for her social network purpose.
But, to me, it can't compare with what you got from LM920 low-light shot. ^^

PS2. Sorry for my broken English here ^^. I'm not a native English speaker.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I own the LM920 and my GF using the SSGS3, so this is what I found comparing the images and video quality.

The thing is, S3 produce the good images quality on it's screen (sharp and colorful image).
If you compare the result on both phone screen, S3 will win in most of the people point of view.
( you can try sending the image taken from your LM920 and see it on S3 screen, you will see the difference)

But, if you look into those shots on your PC or Laptop screen, the result will be upside down.
The images taken by S3 look grainy and pale and lack of details comparing with LM920. If you zoom in about 50% of the actual size, you will see it clearly.

But that's can't compare with what LM920 will give you...

Yeah that's no doubt true. Especially as many people are looking at certain kind of over saturation and bright colors the AMOLED screens do produce just that. Funny thing is that i would imagine many don't take their pics to their computer these days for closer and more neutral view.

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

But that's can't compare with what LM920 will give you.

The superb sound/audio quality and the optical stabilization of LM920, I would say, it can beat most of the current smartphone in the market.

Anyway, the S3's camera is good for social networking and instagram.
But if you want to make use of those images in PC, you need to do more post-processing than the images you got from LM920.

PS. I updated my GF S3 with the latest firmware from Samsung. Now, S3 also has the feature to take the low-light shot.
I'm quite impressed with S3 low-light shot quality (on it's screen off course) and that's more than enough for my GF that she can use them for her social network purpose.
But, to me, it can't compare with what you got from LM920 low-light shot. ^^

PS2. Sorry for my broken English here ^^. I'm not a native English speaker.

This is absolutely true, most of the people I know own S3's and I find the screen overly saturated. It seems as though I'm looking at highly lomofied pictures.

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Yep 100% he nailed it!! The S3 screen tricks you, well it did me. Lumia 920 video is superior compared to the S3. I have 4 kids and recording them on my S3 didn't last long because the faster they move the worse my videos looked. The S3 couldn't keep up with such quick movements in low light. Lumia 920 on the other hand does a superb job in these situations.

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's no doubt true. Especially as many people are looking at certain kind of over saturation and bright colors the AMOLED screens do produce just that. Funny thing is that i would imagine many don't take their pics to their computer these days for closer and more neutral view.

Hi tissotti - I am hoping to use my camera phone for everyday shots of my children so while I was comparing the Note 2 and Lumia 920 I downloaded the pictures from the Note 2 (assuming the S3 would have similar results) and the Lumia to the pc for comparison. The Lumia I borrowed didn't have the PORTICO update and the images were softer than I would have liked which is why I've not committed to a 2 year contract yet. The pc difference isn't as drastic as on the phones screen though which is interesting. Your point well made! Thanks

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yep 100% he nailed it!! The S3 screen tricks you, well it did me. Lumia 920 video is superior compared to the S3. I have 4 kids and recording them on my S3 didn't last long because the faster they move the worse my videos looked. The S3 couldn't keep up with such quick movements in low light. Lumia 920 on the other hand does a superb job in these situations.

I have 3 kids and will be using my phone for this purpose. Thanks for this input, answers a big question for me. How is the camera coping? You got the portico update yet?

sanders2232

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes I do have the update and does a phenomenal job! I'll post some shots...one recommendation put your ISO at 200. This will greatly improve your indoor low light shots of your kids.
Also you can buy a lense called pro shot..it has a lock focus feature which can help to capture those moments. Lastly sport option in the stock camera speeds up the shutter and helps get those shots where the kids will not stay still.

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes I do have the update and does a phenomenal job! I'll post some shots...one recommendation put your ISO at 200. This will greatly improve your indoor low light shots of your kids.
Also you can buy a lense called pro shot..it has a lock focus feature which can help to capture those moments. Lastly sport option in the stock camera speeds up the shutter and helps get those shots where the kids will not stay still.

Good to know, cheers.

Thanks to everyone for your input - going to go and get my new phone tomorrow I hope! Wish there was a definite date for the update ... guess I just got to trust it's on its way to the UK, and try and be patient :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss