Voice Assistant on the lumia 920?

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Well guys as the title says, yes we all heard about siri, and that it isn't too useful and a gimmick, for me the deal is getting Google Voice Search which became available today to IOS and it is already available in android Jelly Bean.

I have tested both and Google voice search works better on IOS than Google Now on android, it is faster than siri because it seems to require less data to pull information, but does it really quick, which actually makes it really useful, I have tried it on my iPhone 5 and basicalky replaced siri all together, now I am just waiting to get the Lumia 920 and sell my phone, I have a surface already and do not envy the iPad, or even the new Nexus 10 coming out which has a higher res than the iPad and any tablet on the market really, because no tablet but the surface gives productivity, seamlessly being able to print from my wireless Laser Printer through Workgroup connection is amazing, and the use of Office just the icing on the cake, now the Lumia being able to get those documents, I wouldn't doubt it would be able to connect to the workgroup as well (Hoping but not required) anyways if any assistant available or any news on Google Voice Search for WP8 let me know thanks.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Windows phone uses Tellme, but its more 'voice commands' rather than 'voice assistant'. You cant tell it to do stuff for you. I dont think it changed in WP8.

There is an app called Ask Ziggy and it supposedly mimics Siri. Not sure how useful or robust it is since i never used it.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Windows phone uses Tellme, but its more 'voice commands' rather than 'voice assistant'. You cant tell it to do stuff for you. I dont think it changed in WP8.

There is an app called Ask Ziggy and it supposedly mimics Siri. Not sure how useful or robust it is since i never used it.

well I was hoping maybe google voice search which is not like an assistant because google didn't use it as such, it talks back to you, and when it doesnt find something it will show you automatically the answer in google, as you know is exactly like google now which shows cards when they find the answer is intuitive and hopefully either it comes to WP8 but I doubt it because Microsoft has Bing, unless they bring an updated offer of Tellme later and Ask ziggy I will give it a go but I won't give it high hopes since I don't think it can compete with the Giants like Siri or G Now

poisonfang

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I found a new App I didn't know about. It's called Assistant. It is like Siri, and tbh I liked it better. Only down thing is it uses google map rather then Nokia maps

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
And it is very very slow. It has a beatiful GUI, but that is just it. I had this app on my iPhone, and it was like 60% faster than on my L920... The app needs work on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6