Come on AT&T.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
when you leave things unsaid, you open yourself to people starting rumors.

last Monday, we should have had a date. It should have been a uniform date. There should not have been a best buy preorder 2 weeks ago, there shouldn't be **** popping up on ebay for an hour.

They should have had their little press conference, and they should have given a date. that date probably should be sooner rather than later... or else you scheduled your conference too soon... but whatever, give a date, if you want to make it "official" as of November 28th, whatever, but make it official.

And do a damn world wide release, don't drop them in Canada from who knows where... If nothing else, it gives the world far too much time to read reviews of people that are ignorant, biased, or just trolling; and cause potential buyers to back out of their purchase.

For better or worse, msft and especially their phones, have a reputation for chaos and poor management. This, reinforces that notion, when they otherwise had a real opportunity to try and change some peoples perceptions.

Wasted opportunity by them to turn over a new leaf.

Im still getting a 920, still excited. but my enjoyment is heavily dependent on others coming around, to get the market share, to get the apps. My own favoritism for Microsoft will not make this phone a long term success.

First of all, do not confuse Microsoft with the Carriers. Microsoft does not determine release dates of these phones. That is the Carrier.

Second of all, if the carriers would have given a solid release date, and then had to push it back. The ****storm would have been much more epic. They were smart to not say anything.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I had a source too, directly from Microsoft. No, not some MS stupid rep at an ms store, an actual manager in MS. Two months ago, he said the phones would release mid november. They wanted it just before black friday.

As days pass by, what he told me seems to be the truth as Tmobile already going forward with a nov 14th date and ATT and perhaps verizon coming on the 11th which is near mid November. So whatever people have gotten from ATT about a delay, could be true? Sure, but the MS guy that i know said mid november all the way back two months ago.

Carriers determine release date i am pretty sure, but MS seems to be in the know about release date dating back to Sept.

Why ATT is not announcing this is beyond me, whoever is instructing the delayed announcement is really stupid as other competitive phones have been released recently or will release during the same time frame. If they want people to get the phone, they need to be more more informative than what they have been right now.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
First of all, do not confuse Microsoft with the Carriers. Microsoft does not determine release dates of these phones. That is the Carrier.

Second of all, if the carriers would have given a solid release date, and then had to push it back. The ****storm would have been much more epic. They were smart to not say anything.

You live by the sword you die by the sword.

A company like msft has all the clout in the world to demand release dates on a timeline of their choosing.

That's the security that apple offers (easy when you make your own hardware of course) and its the uncertainty that looms over android. Msft has played this fast and loose.

We know the hardware is ready, its for sale already. There is nothing stopping them from selling WP 5 days ago.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
You live by the sword you die by the sword.

A company like msft has all the clout in the world to demand release dates on a timeline of their choosing.

That's the security that apple offers (easy when you make your own hardware of course) and its the uncertainty that looms over android. Msft has played this fast and loose.

We know the hardware is ready, its for sale already. There is nothing stopping them from selling WP 5 days ago.

Once again. The only people things like this scorn, are the 1% of the phone buying public that scours these online mobile phone websites.

The vast majority will see the phone released and have 0 idea of any launch craziness.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Once again. The only people things like this scorn, are the 1% of the phone buying public that scours these online mobile phone websites.

The vast majority will see the phone released and have 0 idea of any launch craziness.

I think it's probably less than 0.1% of the phone buying public, but you are correct, most people don't even know about the device. The real make or break will be in the stores.

There is a valid counterpoint that the specs and device aren't getting any newer and competing devices seem to be coming to market faster.

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I think the vast majority are snapping up Android and iPhone devices. To make them switch or take notice of WP8, you need a big event to build buzz, then you need products for them to buy.

No one involved with WP8 in the US seems to understand the second part of that. All of the buzz from reviews and big launch events is fizzling away as people not only cannot buy devices, but don't know when that will change. Any new casual potential customers would forget about it and move on. iPad Mini launched. People are buzzing about it AND I can buy it? Take my money!

I can't even be a WP evangelist because my circle of friends and family aren't going to bother keeping up with release date rumors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos