Lumia 920 camera is is not as good as we thought ????? How is this possible

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Can someone explain to me how Nokia can make a phone and promote the camera as the selling point for the device yet every review that has come out for it says the camera takes dull pictures, not Sharp or crisp? I just don't understand. How can the IPhone 4/5 still have the best phone camera

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to see any comparison between them. The iPhone 4 does not have the best camera by any stretch, I would call it awful. The iPhone 5 might, I will hold out on saying which camera is best in daylight until I see comparison shots. I would say there is enough comparison shots to say that in lower light conditions and while recording video the Lumia is winning, but I have no idea which wins during more high light conditions.

gudnuf4u

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
which review or you looking at? if you're talking about Engadget, they also said the Nokia N8 took worst pictures than the Iphone 4

Iphones pre-process all their pictures so it comes out looking more colorful..Nokia imaging retain the same color sharpness

look at comparision between the Nokia 808 and the iPhone 5....the iPhone has more color but very saturated while the Nokia 808 retains the color of the actual image, therefore you can do more post processing on the Nokia images

Most consumers will say the iPhone 5 looks sharper because of the pre-processing of the pictures the phone does..its very magical

one of the forum member has a Nokia Lumia 920, you can ask to take random pictures of the snow, building structures, trees and see for yourself

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Can someone explain to me how Nokia can make a phone and promote the camera as the selling point for the device yet every review that has come out for it says the camera takes dull pictures, not Sharp or crisp? I just don't understand. How can the IPhone 4/5 still have the best phone camera

808 PureView is the best cameraphone out there.
Low light performance has already been proven many times to be best there is, but we do need more pics under good lighting. Example The Verge's senior editor posted this picture from his Lumia 920 today.
680417217.jpg

The Lumia 920 camera in low light is like Vince Carter in a slam dunk contest. Untouchable.

Imo that answer can really be given by GSMarema, Engadget and The Verge about overall performance when we got the reviews.

Though while i want great camera (it can't beat my 808 PureView, no phone for year or two), but to me more important parts are music quality, screen and Nokia apps.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have seen the user shots on this forum and a few website reviews and I am already convinced we've been had. It is nowhere near the hype. The Lumia 920 looks to just be a 900 with much better low-light capability. The normal lighting shots seem to suffer from the same complaints as the 900. There is a serious lack of sharpness from what I've seen so far...noise reduction to the point of softness. Believe me if this camera was anything close to the game changer it was supposed to be there would be no website calling it "lackluster".

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Um... You mean those photos that people are uploading to free image hosting sites that compress the images hard? The ones I've seen on Dropbox/skydive look great. If you get your photo quality review from a site called "dialaphone" then I suggest quitting life now.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 920 review | Expert Reviews

Verdict:

Lacklustre camera aside, this is a superb Windows Phone 8 handset

We were less impressed with the Lumia 920's still images, though. While these were well-exposed, colours were dull and photos weren't as sharp as we would like. There was also a large amount of noise reduction, but this led to a loss of detail. We much preferred the HTC Windows Phone 8X's images which, while overexposed, were much more vibrant and pleasing to look at.

Nokia Lumia 920 Review | Mobile Phones | CNET UK

I took it for a wander with an iPhone 5 and I found the results to be satisfactory, but not mindblowing. The Lumia does a much better job with colour and toning, providing a warm, rich shot. The iPhone's effort seemed a little cold by comparison.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have seen the user shots on this forum and a few website reviews and I am already convinced we've been had. It is nowhere near the hype. The Lumia 920 looks to just be a 900 with much better low-light capability. The normal lighting shots seem to suffer from the same complaints as the 900. There is a serious lack of sharpness from what I've seen so far...noise reduction to the point of softness. Believe me if this camera was anything close to the game changer it was supposed to be there would be no website calling it "lackluster".

It's a game changer in regards to video recording and low light shots. But what possibly gives it good low light pictures (OIS + high ISO + aggressive noise reduction) ruins the daylight shots (aggressive noise reduction = lack of detail).

Yakkaimono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
People really should wait for the big sites to post their thorough reviews. I never heard anything about dialaphone. Especially gsmarena's and to some extent theverge and phonearena. They review everything much more thoroughly. If they can show that the cam is average then we can start discussing what went wrong there.
I also heard from a lot of people that I personally trust that the camera is "awesome". I am not exactly thrilled so far by what we got to see but I'll wait for said reviews till I pass my judgement.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Um... You mean those photos that people are uploading to free image hosting sites that compress the images hard? The ones I've seen on Dropbox/skydive look great. If you get your photo quality review from a site called "dialaphone" then I suggest quitting life now.

I am talking about the zero compression shots from skydrive uploaded by xsever, and the examples on the 2 official reviews that I read.

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I don't get people writing off low-light capability and optical image stabilization as mere add-ons.

I'm the father of a couple of young boys. I'm current stuck with an HTC Arrive, but ready to switch to AT&T as soon as the Lumia 920. My wife has a superfast-shooting HTC Evo LTE.

The VAST majority of pics we have to throw out/delete are due to blurriness or low-light grain/murkiness. Most of their spontaneous magic moments do not occur in daylight outdoors or in a room with huge windows.

The Lumia 920 features are ideal for this. Additionally, they have the smart group shot thing that lets us take previously unusable shots because one kid or another was looking away or scowling, and then create a better single shot. Everything I've seen thus far indicates this is the perfect smartphone camera for me. Your mileage may vary, but I think they've already delivered on their promises.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Nokia screwed themselves . They focused on low light and hurt themself with dayshots. Most pictures are taken during the day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers