Cnet Lumia 920 review

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
While iOS/Android definitely have a big app advantage, does WP really count as "terrible"?

There's generally an alternative to whatever you are searching for.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
They mention a lack of detail in the camera in this review too. Looking at the lone sample image, it looks to be almost entirely from way too aggressive noise reduction that is just smearing all the details. I suspect this could be a relatively easy fix for Nokia.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
"Although it packs in a capacious 2,000mAh cell, I found with pretty heavy use (downloading apps, using maps and tracking, sending numerous texts and emails) for around 4 hours it had gone from fully charged to around 25 per cent remaining. It certainly won't last an entire working day"

after reading about the lack of detail in the camera and this f about the battery I think im going to have t ohold off and wait a few weeks before picking one up. if I even do.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Other than the over-complaining about the app situation (which I don't feel, personally), I think it was a pretty useful review. Kinda dismayed by the camera comparisons, though. I was expecting PureView to blow competition out of the water.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I consider the "lack of apps" to be a non-issue. The majority of the apps I have for my iPhone are games. There are only a few I even play regularly, some of which I could just play on my computer via Facebook. Definitely not a biggie at all. There is one app I have via iOS that isn't available for WP (yet), but that's not an issue because I can just go to a website to access the service. As far as I'm concerned, WP has all the apps that really matter, and it's just a matter of time before more pop up.

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Its getting boring isn't it. I no longer read Microsoft reviews on tech sites as they are so bias towards Apple its a joke.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
"Although it packs in a capacious 2,000mAh cell, I found with pretty heavy use (downloading apps, using maps and tracking, sending numerous texts and emails) for around 4 hours it had gone from fully charged to around 25 per cent remaining. It certainly won't last an entire working day"

after reading about the lack of detail in the camera and this f about the battery I think im going to have t ohold off and wait a few weeks before picking one up. if I even do.

I know of NO single phone that will go through a day while using it for navigation.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
There are a few apps I really wish I had on Windows Phone, one of them being an RBC app for my banking and the other Flipboard. Otherwise I am pretty sure WP has me covered.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
You're the biggest ****ing idiot/troll on these forums. You should get off already.

Your anger is totally getting me off. Let's be mature though. That was just silly and childish.

You just got him off with your comment. Lol.

I'm going to wait for a review from a trusted site. You know, the one that gives the 920 a great review.

They gave the 920 a great score. But to call the app selection "pitiful" is a bit over the top.

Satchef1

May 2, 2012
Visit site
They gave the 920 a great score. But to call the app selection "pitiful" is a bit over the top.

Why? It is pitiful. It's also the most important bit of the review - it's the thing prospective buyers need to be aware of. The advice was no different for Android phones two years ago - beware the dearth of applications.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Why? It is pitiful. It's also the most important bit of the review - it's the thing prospective buyers need to be aware of. The advice was no different for Android phones two years ago - beware the dearth of applications.

Slim, lacking, meager, thin. All words that could have been used instead of "pitiful".

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Slim, lacking, meager, thin. All words that could have been used instead of "pitiful".

Exactly, it isn't something I would describe as pitiful. The app selection isn't that bad, plus they're bringing 46 of the top 50 (according to MS) apps. App selection isn't terrible, I would say it's decent, but still not on par with iOS or Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss