Cnet Lumia 920 review

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I disagree that the app selection is pitiful. Having had multiple androids and an iPhone , iPad and iMac, there isn't but 1 app that I used regularly that I don't have on wp.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
"Although it packs in a capacious 2,000mAh cell, I found with pretty heavy use (downloading apps, using maps and tracking, sending numerous texts and emails) for around 4 hours it had gone from fully charged to around 25 per cent remaining. It certainly won't last an entire working day"

after reading about the lack of detail in the camera and this f about the battery I think im going to have t ohold off and wait a few weeks before picking one up. if I even do.

Uhh, this is true of every single phone... every single one. It's like saying, "After repeatedly bashing my head against a wall, this ACME brand helmet showed extensive wear." No duh.....

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not terribly worried about app selection. I know the basics are covered and I always carry my Nexus 7 in my purse anyway. Between the two, I'll be good.

sammygs2

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The app selection is an issue. I have a L900 and an iPhone4. The apps are not as good on WP. Simple as that. Like many of you I am desperately hoping that windows 8 will fix this. WP8 needs the fad apps as soon as they launch because people like to play games with their friends at school/work. If this known issue is the only "real" problem with the 920 it seems like an extremely solid phone and the review doesn't paint it as a bad phone at all. Seemed pretty positive. No idea why you guys jump straight down the reviewers throat just because it compares the app selection with the more mature app stores.That is exactly what consumers will do and obviously the WP store isn't yet on the same level as the play store and app store. . People don't buy in for the future of an ecosystem, they buy for whats available NOW. Sadly I won't be able to get the 920 but it is great to see windows phones get great hardware. I want WP to succeed as much as anyone of you, that doesn't mean I am going to defend an obvious shortcoming of the platform.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but Blackberry reigns in "pitiful" app selection. If any OS deserves that title, it would be RIM.

And actually it was a glowing review. Someone just pointed out the bad journalism, but the trolling for Anti-Nokia still thrives on this forum

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but Blackberry reigns in "pitiful" app selection. If any OS deserves that title, it would be RIM.

And actually it was a glowing review. Someone just pointed out the bad journalism, but the trolling for Anti-Nokia still thrives on this forum

The funny thing is that two of the biggest anti-Nokia Pro-HTC trolls have already said they are getting a Nexus 4 instead. So they are either young children, or just begging for internet attention.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The funny thing is that two of the biggest anti-Nokia Pro-HTC trolls have already said they are getting a Nexus 4 instead. So they are either young children, or just begging for internet attention.

Exactly. My curve 8530 wasn't the best experience (due to Sprint's spotty network) and my 9330 didn't last long, but you don't see me perusing Crackberry and posting mindless garbage on their site. I leave it alone. Same for Android Central. If you got another device and you aren't pleased with the current selection, please click on any of the sister sites that applies. It's honestly ruining the experience. Fluck this talk about how the main members are "biased Nokia worshippers". I think at this point, I think I would like to settle to have an event roll around with more positive excitement versus repetitive topics rehashing the same lines over and over. But unfortunately, the internet is always that way

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. My curve 8530 wasn't the best experience (due to Sprint's spotty network) and my 9330 didn't last long, but you don't see me perusing Crackberry and posting mindless garbage on their site. I leave it alone. Same for Android Central. If you got another device and you aren't pleased with the current selection, please click on any of the sister sites that applies. It's honestly ruining the experience. Fluck this talk about how the main members are "biased Nokia worshippers". I think at this point, I think I would like to settle to have an event roll around with more positive excitement versus repetitive topics rehashing the same lines over and over. But unfortunately, the internet is always that way

Fortunately within two weeks both the 920 and 8X should be out in the U.S. And most of it should stop.

I have an iPhone 4 at the moment so I just laugh when someone calls me a Nokia ******.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Fortunately within two weeks both the 920 and 8X should be out in the U.S. And most of it should stop.

I have an iPhone 4 at the moment so I just laugh when someone calls me a Nokia ******.
Same here, and I've held my statement about waiting for the second generation and currently own an iPhone 5. Must be something in the water

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
"Pitiful" as in they still don't have Pandora and Words with Friends, of all things. They don't have recent favorites like Bad Piggies and Letterpress either. There was enough drama among rapidfire tech news sites over whether or not Angry Birds Space would be released on WP7. Speaking of which, it is almost 2013. 100k apps later and a whole host of popular apps, many I've already mentioned, still not on WP. The app count doesn't matter, but in this case it is more than indicative about how lacking the WP selection is. Sure there are "alternatives" to almost everything, but it's like drinking RC Cola when everyone else has Coke. Or getting pissed at the ugly-ness that is Wordfeud and pining for some friends to play against, since no one else has the game.

BTW the camera criticism is also true. It reminds me of the Lumia 800/900's camera, which was also low detail and blurry. I've already seen enough user shots and now review shots to make that conclusion. The night shots are brighter and clearer, and the video capture is fantastically smooth and blur-free. Those are the Lumia 920's strengths. The iPhone 5 still has the best detail and clarity. The 920 has its OIS. Nokia should've ditched their own sensors and used the Sony BSI sensor that everyone else is already using. That plus the OIS would've made it the top dog.

Majority of that first paragraph applies to Blackberry, which still lacks in apps and has less in their market than Windows Phone. So again, who deserves the title?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Would like some decent battery tests that shows how other phones fared in the same tests.. Video playback for 7h straight on a cellphone is hardly a good measure of anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99