Just left AT&T

Why0Why

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I talked to 2 sales reps at a North Carolina store. One told me the original date was November 4th, but that wasn't happening. The second rep I talked to for about 15 minutes. He told me that they had been trained on Windows Phone 8 and he actually went into the computer and looked and told me that they would be arriving on November 11th.

Take it for what its worth. Neither of the reps seemed incredibly sharp to me.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I talked to 2 sales reps at a North Carolina store. One told me the original date was November 4th, but that wasn't happening. The second rep I talked to for about 15 minutes. He told me that they had been trained on Windows Phone 8 and he actually went into the computer and looked and told me that they would be arriving on November 11th.

Either way, a 920 will be a present to myself (b'day, tomorrow 11/1).

ammn

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys MAYBE reason why at&t delay was due to someone high up worry superstorm sandy is going to take away all the media attention. Maybe they will announce today so keep your fingers crossed cause maybe you will be able to get your phone by Monday.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

I've been trying to tell people for weeks that it was originally the 4th but was pushed back to the 11th.

It was delayed due to a mix of testing/training

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, at&t releases on Sundays. If we have to wait until the 11th, so be it. As Andy said near the end of Shawshank, if you've come this far, perhaps you're willing to go a little farther.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that it works this way most of the time. Even if the phone is given a release date, the sale reps dont know if they're getting the phone in on time or not.

I know for a fact that this is the intended date. So it looks like this sales person knows what's up. Multiple people on Reddit today also reported hearing this from their local AT&T.

SuddenlyDinosaur

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I know for a fact that this is the intended date. So it looks like this sales person knows what's up. Multiple people on Reddit today also reported hearing this from their local AT&T.

I hope that's true. By any chance, do you have the Reddit posts. I wanted to read through them, but I haven't seen anything on the Front Page.

jsgiv

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
FWIW I chatted with a rep at best buy yesterday to get an update on my preorder.

She checked the system then actually had her manager look up other details and told me the same expected release date 11/11.

She stated it was originally scheduled for 11/4 but it had been pushed back. Though there is a slight possibility that it might be released earlier depending on when they get them in stock.

Basically she confirmed all of the latest info posted here as well as other sites.:p

tapiocamilktea

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Best buy is the probably the only hope of getting it earlier than 11/11. They might start shipping the preorders as soon as they get their first shipment.

Oh, BTW, best buy's "preorder windows 8" page is unavailable at this moment, a good chance its updating????

Last edited:

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
In there defense I haven't given solid evidence of my source. And don't plan to due to it being a family member.
So, does this "Family Member" tell you if there is going to be a pre-order available for this phone? and If there is one, when will it start and when does the phone deliver.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
So, does this "Family Member" tell you if there is going to be a pre-order available for this phone? and If there is one, when will it start and when does the phone deliver.

I haven't spoken to him (brother in-law) since before the 10/29 event, so if anything has been changed, I wouldn't know. But as of the event, It was suppose to be the 4th for preorders and 11th for availability. Now we are hearing the 9th for availability though so either that changed, or the 9th is when people who preorder can get it and the 11th is general availability.

The 21st was the original intended preorder date with the 4th being the availability date.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Spoke to a handful of AT&T reps here in the Washington DC area. Most hadn't even heard of the phone :-/. Sad. But the lone person that did told me they're expecting it November 9th, i.e. this coming Friday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss