11-04-2012 02:37 PM
73 123
tools
    I haven't confirmed this yet but I've seen some tweets to suggest both the 820 and 920 are delayed for at least two weeks.
    WOW.

I didn't think it was possible for Nokia to screw up as much as they have already.

Which unfortunately means I don't even have the energy not to believe that anymore, I'm just really p****d off that there isn't anything as good with them having hyped the damn thing so much...none of the other WP8's have any one of the multiple major selling points (apart from the 820 which only has the wireless charging)...not the camera, not the super sensitive touch, not the design (I'm really not a fan of the 820, it's overly square from what I've seen and I remain not a fan of clip-on stuff)...The Nokia apps are also quite important to me (I'm really fed up with the crap support HTC have given Windows Phone so far and Samsung don't really support ANY of their devices properly...), but the 820 just doesn't have enough of the USPs...it's not really that special compared to it's competitors...
    Last edited by andrewkeith5; 11-01-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    11-01-2012 04:49 PM
    this has fubared all my warm fuzzy feelings of getting a new handset :mad:
    contract isn't up until March and was looking to take a 920 to the happy land of uncapped data usage...
    11-01-2012 05:07 PM
    I haven't confirmed this yet but I've seen some tweets to suggest both the 820 and 920 are delayed for at least two weeks.
    Some info and proof could be nice.
    I mean the phone is shipping now and it is the global version that is shipping, not the special AT&T version with different freqs
    11-01-2012 05:55 PM
    Forget this nonsense. 8x pre-ordered now. Not keen on going over to EE. I get unlimited data for 10 a month on giffgaff (soon to be 12).
    11-01-2012 06:47 PM
    This is very disappointing I was ready to pull the trigger on this. I would get a 8X but 16GB is just to small for me.
    11-01-2012 07:18 PM
    "Thanks for the suggestion.

There are more announcements ahead.

Regards,

Stephen"

In reply to my e-mail explaining frustration with EE locked 920's.
    11-02-2012 02:55 AM
    Some info and proof could be nice.
    I mean the phone is shipping now and it is the global version that is shipping, not the special AT&T version with different freqs
    If you go to Phones 4 U (the only UK retailer) and try to buy the lumia 920 it says "Order today for delivery on 13/11" - so it seems right.
    11-02-2012 03:04 AM
    German site I just ordered from says 3-10 days, I might get stock from Germany before EE customers get one at this rate :giggle:
    11-02-2012 03:07 AM
    German site I just ordered from says 3-10 days, I might get stock from Germany before EE customers get one at this rate :giggle:
    hey Shaunydub, Can I ask which German website that is ?

I am eager to get hands on the Lumia 920 as well.

Thanks
    11-02-2012 04:15 AM
    As long as I can get it on T-Mobile/Orange Im happy :lol:

Not paying the 46 a month for 4G, but don't mind the 36 for the Full Monty package. Still looks expensive compared to 26 for the same package for the 8X mind.
    11-02-2012 04:35 AM
    hey Shaunydub, Can I ask which German website that is ?

I am eager to get hands on the Lumia 920 as well.

Thanks
    It's from Cyberport - Nokia Lumia 920 wei They have black (schwarz), red (rot) and yellow (gelb) available too.

Total cost with shipping to the UK is 494.
    Last edited by JayTay79; 11-02-2012 at 04:51 AM.
    11-02-2012 04:43 AM
    That it says 3-10 days says to me that actually nobody really has any idea when Nokia is releasing stock to them. Phones4u said on their twitter that they didn't expect to have stock this weekend - so if the exclusive retail partner and the exclusive network for a whole country can't do it in less than two weeks - how are those smaller players going to manage it?
    11-02-2012 04:51 AM
    Its really disappointing, very bad communication, no firm release dates, expensive and exclusive to one carrier. This will be a case study on how not to launch a phone. Its a disaster.
    11-02-2012 04:58 AM
    I'm starting to think that something has either gone on behinds the scene at Nokia or there is something contractual going on somewhere - I can't otherwise works out how a product launch can be so much of a lash-up with eager consumers with cash in their hands left in the dark.
    11-02-2012 05:15 AM
    It's from Cyberport - Nokia Lumia 920 wei They have black (schwarz), red (rot) and yellow (gelb) available too.

Total cost with shipping to the UK is 494.
    It says in the description "OHNE BRANDING, OHNE SIM-LOCK" so good luck with that.
    11-02-2012 05:28 AM
    It says in the description "OHNE BRANDING, OHNE SIM-LOCK" so good luck with that.
    Google translate tells me Ohne = without. Perhaps someone will confirm for sure.
    11-02-2012 05:40 AM
    Ohne means "without"
    11-02-2012 05:44 AM
    That means without branding or sim lock - I am clever enough to have checked this before ordering!!
    11-02-2012 06:24 AM
    That it says 3-10 days says to me that actually nobody really has any idea when Nokia is releasing stock to them. Phones4u said on their twitter that they didn't expect to have stock this weekend - so if the exclusive retail partner and the exclusive network for a whole country can't do it in less than two weeks - how are those smaller players going to manage it?
    I think this is irrelevant - phones4u are uk partner, other countries are launching & shipping at different times.
    We already know Canada have stock, Italy were due to start today from what I recall and other European countries from early next week so it's perfectly feasible that there will be free supply in Europe to import to UK.
    11-02-2012 06:27 AM
    I think this is irrelevant - phones4u are uk partner, other countries are launching & shipping at different times.
    We already know Canada have stock, Italy were due to start today from what I recall and other European countries from early next week so it's perfectly feasible that there will be free supply in Europe to import to UK.
    Yes but I cannot find any evidence that any of that actually has happened - it seems to be consistently "3-10 days" across Europe regardless of who has what arrange where.

If anyone can find evidence of Lumia 920s actually being sold in europe at the moment, I'd love to see it.
    11-02-2012 06:40 AM
    That means without branding or sim lock - I am clever enough to have checked this before ordering!!
    Just when I thought I was going to go with the 8X, along comes tempting import deals :P

Are you confident enough to trust these guys and did they make you pay already? At least they take Paypal!
    11-02-2012 06:44 AM
    Just when I thought I was going to go with the 8X, along comes tempting import deals :P

Are you confident enough to trust these guys and did they make you pay already? At least they take Paypal!
    If you pay via credit card, you'd be protected by the consumer credit act if the phone never arrived.

Update from Neowin says that the phone will not be available until at least the 13th from p4u and the 9th from EE.
    11-02-2012 06:47 AM
    Just learned about this! What are Nokia thinking :mad:

The 920 was top of my wishlist, but I'm not prepared to switch to EE or wait 6 months.

Sad day for me :@
    11-02-2012 07:41 AM
    Nobody has really talked about the prospect of buying the network-locked 'off-contract' phone from Phones4u and getting it unlocked. What are the prospects of this happening either officially by EE or un-officially like you can with most other phones?
    11-02-2012 08:41 AM
    Nokia Lumia 920 - Deals | Phones 4u

well black and white now on the 19th :/ not looking good keep getting later.
    11-02-2012 09:56 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD