Nokia clarifies Status of 920 in UK - EE or nothing.

callumshell1

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have been waiting for this phone since it was announced and now they pull **** **** on me.

I got my iPhone stolen in June and have been waiting for the right phone to come along to replace it. The 920 fit the bill perfectly but it looks like I'm either gonna have to get something else or wait until next year.

Nokia can go **** themselves as far as I'm concerned, I shall look elsewhere.

camstreet1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I just wonder how much EE are subsidizing the cost of the handset... Perhaps it's just crazy expensive to make, and the exclusivity deals are the only to keep it cheaper than the iphone. Irrespective, nokia will lose so many potential customers over this.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't confirmed this yet but I've seen some tweets to suggest both the 820 and 920 are delayed for at least two weeks.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't confirmed this yet but I've seen some tweets to suggest both the 820 and 920 are delayed for at least two weeks.
thank you for this info.. frankly, i'm prepared to pull the trigger with EE on a 12 month tariff or such. curious about reports of delays.... hmmm.. worth the wait i bet. Hey, its only money...

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

WOW.

I didn't think it was possible for Nokia to screw up as much as they have already.

Which unfortunately means I don't even have the energy not to believe that anymore, I'm just really p****d off that there isn't anything as good with them having hyped the damn thing so much...none of the other WP8's have any one of the multiple major selling points (apart from the 820 which only has the wireless charging)...not the camera, not the super sensitive touch, not the design (I'm really not a fan of the 820, it's overly square from what I've seen and I remain not a fan of clip-on stuff)...The Nokia apps are also quite important to me (I'm really fed up with the crap support HTC have given Windows Phone so far and Samsung don't really support ANY of their devices properly...), but the 820 just doesn't have enough of the USPs...it's not really that special compared to it's competitors...

Last edited:

drago_zarantik

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
this has fubared all my warm fuzzy feelings of getting a new handset :mad:
contract isn't up until March and was looking to take a 920 to the happy land of uncapped data usage...

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Some info and proof could be nice.
I mean the phone is shipping now and it is the global version that is shipping, not the special AT&T version with different freqs

hailst0rm

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Forget this nonsense. 8x pre-ordered now. Not keen on going over to EE. I get unlimited data for ?10 a month on giffgaff (soon to be ?12).

Bourbs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
"Thanks for the suggestion.

There are more announcements ahead.

Regards,

Stephen"

In reply to my e-mail explaining frustration with EE locked 920's.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Some info and proof could be nice.
I mean the phone is shipping now and it is the global version that is shipping, not the special AT&T version with different freqs

If you go to Phones 4 U (the only UK retailer) and try to buy the lumia 920 it says "Order today for delivery on 13/11" - so it seems right.

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
As long as I can get it on T-Mobile/Orange Im happy :lol:

Not paying the ?46 a month for 4G, but don't mind the ?36 for the Full Monty package. Still looks expensive compared to ?26 for the same package for the 8X mind.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
That it says 3-10 days says to me that actually nobody really has any idea when Nokia is releasing stock to them. Phones4u said on their twitter that they didn't expect to have stock this weekend - so if the exclusive retail partner and the exclusive network for a whole country can't do it in less than two weeks - how are those smaller players going to manage it?

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Its really disappointing, very bad communication, no firm release dates, expensive and exclusive to one carrier. This will be a case study on how not to launch a phone. Its a disaster.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to think that something has either gone on behinds the scene at Nokia or there is something contractual going on somewhere - I can't otherwise works out how a product launch can be so much of a lash-up with eager consumers with cash in their hands left in the dark.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb