Nokia clarifies Status of 920 in UK - EE or nothing.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
That it says 3-10 days says to me that actually nobody really has any idea when Nokia is releasing stock to them. Phones4u said on their twitter that they didn't expect to have stock this weekend - so if the exclusive retail partner and the exclusive network for a whole country can't do it in less than two weeks - how are those smaller players going to manage it?

I think this is irrelevant - phones4u are uk partner, other countries are launching & shipping at different times.
We already know Canada have stock, Italy were due to start today from what I recall and other European countries from early next week so it's perfectly feasible that there will be free supply in Europe to import to UK.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I think this is irrelevant - phones4u are uk partner, other countries are launching & shipping at different times.
We already know Canada have stock, Italy were due to start today from what I recall and other European countries from early next week so it's perfectly feasible that there will be free supply in Europe to import to UK.

Yes but I cannot find any evidence that any of that actually has happened - it seems to be consistently "3-10 days" across Europe regardless of who has what arrange where.

If anyone can find evidence of Lumia 920s actually being sold in europe at the moment, I'd love to see it.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
That means without branding or sim lock - I am clever enough to have checked this before ordering!! :cool:

Just when I thought I was going to go with the 8X, along comes tempting import deals :p

Are you confident enough to trust these guys and did they make you pay already? At least they take Paypal!

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Just when I thought I was going to go with the 8X, along comes tempting import deals :p

Are you confident enough to trust these guys and did they make you pay already? At least they take Paypal!

If you pay via credit card, you'd be protected by the consumer credit act if the phone never arrived.

Update from Neowin says that the phone will not be available until at least the 13th from p4u and the 9th from EE.

lazerblu

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Just learned about this! What are Nokia thinking :mad:

The 920 was top of my wishlist, but I'm not prepared to switch to EE or wait 6 months.

Sad day for me :mad:

farooknaji

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Nobody has really talked about the prospect of buying the network-locked 'off-contract' phone from Phones4u and getting it unlocked. What are the prospects of this happening either officially by EE or un-officially like you can with most other phones?

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm nearly completely decided that I'm going to change to the 8x, a huge shame for me, but Nokia have blown it by doing this carrier exclusivity.

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Just popped into phones4u.

The lady in there told me they are expecting shipments of both the 8X and 920 tomorrow, but she wasn't sure of the colours of either. Even showed me the system showing the delivery notice.

Got my name down for both of them, I can't decide betwee the two so ill see which arrives first out of the yellow lumia and the blue 8x :D

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Just popped into phones4u.

The lady in there told me they are expecting shipments of both the 8X and 920 tomorrow, but she wasn't sure of the colours of either. Even showed me the system showing the delivery notice.

Got my name down for both of them, I can't decide betwee the two so ill see which arrives first out of the yellow lumia and the blue 8x :D

I brace yourself for a disappointment, if you go to the Phones4U twitterfeed, they are telling people to pre-order as they no idea when stock (of the 920) will arrive - so I'm guessing that delivery notice is wrong/out of date.

Last edited:

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just off the phone to Orange UK regarding my upgrade/migration to a 12mo EE plan with a white L920. I was told that stock is not available until the 9th of November. (EE themselves confirmed this over the phone separately too) There was currently no facility to pre-order the handset either even though its what EE state on their website...

Apparently you have to wait for an SMS to confirm the handset is now in stock and the migration can take place there and then. So its very much a bun fight on the day then.. Also, EE's offer of the free wireless charger is also subject to availability. The nice lady on the phone did confirm having see the phone herself yesterday, that "i wont be disappointed...!" Here's hoping!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So If I were to go the route of importing the handset do we still get a free wireless charging plate with it, and what's the actual price you're paying in ??

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't mention anywhere about wireless charging plate, so likely you won't get it.

It states it on the EE website under details for the 920.

EE just rang me to say my white lumia will be shipped within 14 days and she has added the code for the free wireless charger to my order so I will get it for free.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
It states it on the EE website under details for the 920.

EE just rang me to say my white lumia will be shipped within 14 days and she has added the code for the free wireless charger to my order so I will get it for free.

Is that for the 12 month or 24 months plan? Phones4u wireless charging and speaker is only on the 24 month plan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo