lumia 920 Pocketlint review. (No, I didn't write it)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll recommend the 8X Italian dude. The cameras are pretty much comparable in day light, and while the Lumia 920 camera could potentially be fixed in the next update, the weight wont.

Maybe this will wake Nokia up and they retired the N9 design for something fresh.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys, italian guy here.

There's something that really puzzles me in this discussion, like the 920 do: why do we have to use this kind of sexist comment to explain why the weight of the phone is not important?

But, ok, let's go ahead.

Before I held in my hand the Nokia Lumia 920 - at the italian conference press for WP8 - I was adamantly sure to buy it as my next phone. Then I held it, and it was heavy. Believe in me: HEAVY. And that puzzled me too: why on heart Nokia made such an amazing device, and make it so heavy? This is something I cannot understand.

I was ready for a bigger screen - I come from an iPhone 4, and 4.5 inches might seem too many - but I wasn't ready for such a weight. And this is something that is causing me excruciating pain, because I don't know if I will buy it anymore or if I should buy HTC 8X instead.

From my point of view, MY point of view, a mobile phone must be practical: I carry it with me the whole day, I use it heavily - to browse, to shoot, to grindr ( :D ) - and I don't think that weight is an unimportant matter. And I can lift a lot :)

I touched and tried the Lumia 900 and I was quite ready for that weight, it "seemed right". But the 920 is HEAVIER than the 900 (185g vs. 160g), and... how on earth?

I was so sad after the WP8 conference.

Still, I have like two weeks to decide: Lumia 920 or 8X? We'll see :) (But, as for now, I cannot see the differences between the two, except for the camera quality of 920 and the lightness of the 8X)
I appreciate your post, Ergattonero. At least you have had the device in your hands, unlike most of us here. And that, in the end, is what matters most: checking it out in person.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll recommend the 8X Italian dude. The cameras are pretty much comparable in day light, and while the Lumia 920 camera could potentially be fixed in the next update, the weight wont.

Maybe this will wake Nokia up and they retired the N9 design for something fresh.

Take it from Winterfang, since he's used both phones and their cameras extensively.

Oh wait... that's right. He hasn't used either of them, and he's talking out of his *** once again. Never mind.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Neither had used both devices extensible, but I'm not biased so my opinion has more weight than yours.

Your opinion has zero weight around here because all you do is pontificate about things you know nothing about and present uninformed speculation as if were indisputable fact.

But if you want to believe anyone who has been here for more than a month and reads what you post actually values your opinion or takes you seriously, go right ahead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster