The Verge Lumia 920 Review

anon(5352752)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Having read the review and watched it, I don't personally see a problem bar the negative of the apps.

Without wireless charging and springs for sensor, I would have expected the phone to have similar weight to most on the market. Some people (myself included), prefer to have a heavier phone. Substance there :)

I really would like to test out this camera and battery!!

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm just back from a walk round town. Popped into phones 4 u and checked out their wp8 display models. Lumia 920, 820 and HTC 8X.

All of them felt very nice in the hand but the one that surprised me the most was the 920. It certainly didn't feel like a brick, I was surprised at its lightness actually but perhaps the display model is lighter.

Both Lumia's have lovely wide screens the 8x one seemed very skinny in comparison. It is also a very nice phone though.

Really pleased with my decision to get the 820 now that I've seen it but I was impressed with that 920.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm just back from a walk round town. Popped into phones 4 u and checked out their wp8 display models. Lumia 920, 820 and HTC 8X.

All of them felt very nice in the hand but the one that surprised me the most was the 920. It certainly didn't feel like a brick, I was surprised at its lightness actually but perhaps the display model is lighter.

Both Lumia's have lovely wide screens the 8x one seemed very skinny in comparison. It is also a very nice phone though.

Really pleased with my decision to get the 820 now that I've seen it but I was impressed with that 920.

If you are used to Lumia 900, you will hardly feel any extra weight with Lumia 920

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to be new to windows phones. I was a wee bit tempted to walk away with either a Lumia 900 or 800 for practice lol

I'm used to BlackBerry's (9000 and 9900) and they aren't the thinnest or lightest phones.

anon(5352752)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
upside is at least that turd topolosoky didn't review it.

Haha!
That guy has a fix to Apple and Android for tablet and phone.

The display model does feel lighter (I went yesterday to have another look xD). The 820 feels really good in the hand, as does the 8X although usually a little tall.

I want to see this 8S personally :)

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Haven't seen the 8s anywhere. The Ativ S wasn't in store either.

Just noticed you're a Barnsley lad.... I lived there for 8 years some time ago! Loved the way they say thee, thy and hey up lol

anon(5352752)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
From what I can make out, both the 8S and Ativ S come out around the middle of November.

I've got a very broad Yorkshire accent not so much the "tarn" language although born n bred :p

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
It's all a matter of perspective... Some reviews complained that the iPhone 5 was too light.

Personally, I want something with a little bulk to it so I don't drop the damn thing. That and the poly-carbonate isn't going shatter into a million pieces if I drop it. Maybe a couple scuffs but nothing more.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

This was exactly me experiance today, I too checked out the display models at my local EE shop. The Lumia 920 felt really good, when I asked the rep if the clones weighed the same as the real thing, he said yes although the clone would be slightly heavier due to the security lock on its back. I'm happy with the size & weight.

but I was more surprised with the Lumia 820. It looked really good and felt nice to hold, not too big and bulky. This will be a great phone too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster