Nokia Lumia 920 camera vs. HTC Windows Phone 8X vs. iPhone 5

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I found this review and thought id share to see what you guys think:

Nokia Lumia 920 camera vs. HTC Windows Phone 8X vs. iPhone 5 | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

Im a proud Lumia 800 user but one thing i do not like about my phone is the Camera. Im still deciding on the 920 or the 8X, the camera is a big feature for me, i love taking pictures on nights out with my friends. Looking at the pictures ive seen so far on various sites it seems the 920 blows the competition out of the water when it comes to the low light shots. But im a little worried about the lack of sharpness on the 920 day shots.

One thing i notice on my Lumia 800 is when taking pictures, i press the camera shutter half way and it focuses and it looks great on the screen, but then once i take the shot the picture is a little blurred and dull. Hoping this isnt going to be the same on the 920.

LevSer

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the 920 is exceptional indoors (with both good/bad lighting) and outdoors at night, while the iPhone 5 is better in daylight. Altough I take most of my pictures during low light I would like to have a camera that doesn't look like sh*t at daylight compared to the iPhone. I hope they can fix daylight performance by a software update, since I'm not too fond of any of the alternatives.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I am worried about is the number of times this has been reposted on the forum.

the 920 is clearly superior overall in those photos.

scottygb2k

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
And then i just read this review:

Nokia Lumia 920 review - Pocket-lint

They basically slate the phone for being too heavy, something that doesn't bother me. But on the camera they say:

"The "KSP" - Killer Selling Point - Nokia's words, not ours - is the floating camera sensor that promises to give you blur-free photos every time. Sounds amazing, and while it does perform better than the other camera phones we've pitched it against - mainly the iPhone 5 and the SGS3 - you do still get blurry pictures from time-to-time. When you do get a good shot, wow: it's almost DSLR good, and one that you'll be eager to show off."

So its hard to understand how one review can slate camera and say iPhone is better, and then another like this that says it beats the iPhone5 and S3 in every test they threw at it. Maybe there is some people with old pre release firmware versions on the 920?

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
And then i just read this review:

Nokia Lumia 920 review - Pocket-lint

They basically slate the phone for being too heavy, something that doesn't bother me. But on the camera they say:

"The "KSP" - Killer Selling Point - Nokia's words, not ours - is the floating camera sensor that promises to give you blur-free photos every time. Sounds amazing, and while it does perform better than the other camera phones we've pitched it against - mainly the iPhone 5 and the SGS3 - you do still get blurry pictures from time-to-time. When you do get a good shot, wow: it's almost DSLR good, and one that you'll be eager to show off."

So its hard to understand how one review can slate camera and say iPhone is better, and then another like this that says it beats the iPhone5 and S3 in every test they threw at it. Maybe there is some people with old pre release firmware versions on the 920?

Yea you are just posting all of the same stuff that has already been posted on these forums.

I don't trust sites like "pocket lint" that no one has ever heard of. Verge loved the camera.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
yeah the camera is all over the place...

That means its still good, but not as good as the hype.

Im also assuming they're all using default settings, since you can do some tweaking of it....

Ive also read the jpeg compression algorithm in the windows phone is not as good as others....

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Nokia has stated, a patch is coming for fixes to the daytime camera, I believe this was said to cnet or the verge, I think CNET though. It is a software, post processing problem I believe. But again I haven't seen the original email or source, the news was also second hand, so take it with a grain of salt. But nokia is always known to have really good cameras and image quality. The sensor is larger and those of us that know digital photo, that is what matters for image quality since everything can be changed with software updates otherwise. The low light pictures are freaking amazing though, really.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3