11-19-2012 04:45 PM
344 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Just rang up my P4U store and they only have stock of the Lumia 820 no 920's, they are not even sure when they will have any!! Complete Farce
    11-09-2012 04:18 AM
    I don't understand this 'refuse to sell you' thing. That's why phones4u have such a bad reputation. The staff really are odious.
    11-09-2012 04:34 AM
    My local P4U has got some black ones in stock today. I reserved one
    11-09-2012 06:36 AM
    I called T-Mobile and said I wanted to upgrade, was offered 199 for handset on my current tariff which is 21 (18 months) with unlimited internet. Might take this up, but delivery is 10 days. Gonna ring around and see if I could do this upgrade in store.
    11-09-2012 06:49 AM
    Bit of a predicament here. 2 shops just phoned me to say I could go in and purchase a Black Sim-free phone which is perfect. Obviously the phone doesn't come with a sim, I would need to supply one and then it gets strange. One person said that only EE, Orange and T-Mobile sims would work in this unlocked phone because those are the only networks that have the settings to work with the phone. The other store said that the phone would work with any network.

So who do I believe and how can I put my current 3 contract from a large to a microsim? If I went into a 3 shop could I get one there or is it possible for me to cut down my existing sim and it just works?
    11-09-2012 06:55 AM
    Just had a look on the website and can see the prices for EE have changed. I agreed a 12month contract, 49.99 upfront, 51 a month deal with T-Mobile as an upgrade which I can see now has changed to 199.99. They're meant to be calling me later and expect the deal I agreed to
    11-09-2012 07:00 AM
    Further to previous postings, my complaint has been escalated to 'serious complaints' at P4U head office.

Store near work, which allegedly has put me one aside, now say it is registered on their system, but embargoed against sale until tomorrow, which is useless because I am not at work tomorrow. I am also now predicting they will refuse to sell it to me Sim-Free, even though I made it clear originally I was going to purchase the handset.
    11-09-2012 07:04 AM
    Will someone please buy one of these sim free from phones4u and try a range on SIM cards to see if they work!!!!
    11-09-2012 07:22 AM
    Sounds like Nokia is doing everything it can to commit seppuku.
    11-09-2012 07:48 AM
    Look at this gorgeous display at CPW/Selfridges

Lumia 820 interactive window display at Selfridges - a set on Flickr

It includes working phones so there are some in the UK :)

RIM was also very bad for delays so it isn't just Nokia but it would help them tremendously if they would improve and not announce too early.
    That is so cool! Why isn't this in every phone shop, that's the sort of thing I want to see from Nokia with the support of Microsoft, only when they start doing stuff like that will they convince the masses and actually take WP8 OS anywhere!
    11-09-2012 07:49 AM
    So here we are at 9 am in the UK. Anyone want to place a wager on their store calling regarding handset availability today?
    I had a call from Cardiff store this morning to say they had them in stock. I ordered online yesterday though so didn't ask what colours, how many etc sorry!
    11-09-2012 07:52 AM
    Called all the shops in Leeds. Either tomorrows delivery or Tuesdays delivery. They said they wont know how many they'll have (between 1 or 6 per store was the estimate). Absolute shambles.

To make things worse, CEO of Nokia just tweeted:
    Stephen Elop ‏@selop

Met w/ @Music_Nokia in Bristol. Created my artist mix, got it offline & enjoyed on my #Lumia 920 Nokia Music update ushers in the Lumia 920 and 820 with Artist Profiles - SlashGear pic.twitter.com/xAiZJ7S5

Good to know he's in the UK with his Lumia 920 enjoying the features while us consumers are being forced to somehow struggle to get one at all.

I'm *this* close to giving in. At least I can actually get an iPhone even if I'd prefer a Lumia...!
    11-09-2012 07:55 AM
    Just rung Bath P4U - They had a 'very limited' number of handsets delivered to them today - They've already sold the two black ones. The guy said that the black was locked, and white/red/yellow wasn't locked (I thought it was the other way around but he repeated this twice)

He expects more delivered on Monday
    11-09-2012 07:58 AM
    Will someone please buy one of these sim free from phones4u and try a range on SIM cards to see if they work!!!!
    Guys, I just went into a major Phones 4u store and a 920 was reserved for me in black.

However Phones 4u Twitter is correct when they say that it is infact locked to EE TMOBILE ORANGE even when bought SIMFree!!!

I tried my o2 and Vodafone SIMs and the message upon boot was "This SIM is locked to another phone and cannot be used with this handset, please contact your operator for an unlock code. You have 10 more attempts remaining"

It is extremely disappointing to see Nokia being exclusive with Extremely Extortionate 4G!

However my Orange SIM worked.

Deutschland is where one can look now for SIM Free, I guess.

I wonder if Nokia delayed stock because they needed the extra time flashing locked firmware as I noticed this stock was not just UK or European stock it was specifically Phones 4u GB designation
    Last edited by bhogal; 11-09-2012 at 08:16 AM.
    11-09-2012 08:07 AM
    Could someone confirm if there is any branding on the Phones4U Lumia920s please (i.e. startup network logos etc)?
    11-09-2012 08:45 AM
    Could someone confirm if there is any branding on the Phones4U Lumia920s please (i.e. startup network logos etc)?
    There is no branding or start up logo. It all looks generic other than the SIM LOCK!
    11-09-2012 09:02 AM
    No branding on the phone, on startup or anything.
    11-09-2012 09:03 AM
    I really want to know if a service like this would work:
    How to Unlock Nokia Lumia 920 Cell Phone by Unlock Code - CellPhoneUnlock.net

There's quite a few different ones.. the site looks a bit dodgy but there are youtube vids of people unlocking other phones with their codes?!!!

bhogal - do you have $40 to try? haha
    11-09-2012 09:05 AM
    I managed to find a site that will unlock the 920 for 25 roughly ($39.99) here: Get Nokia Unlock Codes - Fast Nokia Unlocking!

Not sure whether to plump for the unlock now or wait it out and see if Phones4U somehow gains a conscience :p
    11-09-2012 09:31 AM
    Really - you randomly found it 25 minutes after I posted the exact link? ;) hahahaha!

I say you try it, and then tell me if it works :D
    11-09-2012 09:37 AM
    Is it the same site? :o One is cellphoneunlock.net and the other is cellunlocker.net are they owned by the same people?
    11-09-2012 09:42 AM
    No branding on the phone, on startup or anything.
    That's good, I hate branding, I want it to all be windows with maybe a nokie logo on the front, none of this Orange/t-mobile crap! I never could stand the Orange wallpapers and startup screen they shipped the N95 with, always had to drbrand first thing!
    11-09-2012 10:06 AM
    There is no branding or start up logo. It all looks generic other than the SIM LOCK!
    Great :) Do you think that means it would be able to receive OS updates without EE having to sign them off?
    11-09-2012 10:10 AM
    So yesterday I finally called EE and complained about their outrageous plans and handset prices . The best I got was a discount of 99 for the Lumia 920 on the 12 month 1GB plan. It wasnt good enough so they put me through to the upgrade department as Im a T-Mobile customer. The rep said I can be upgraded on my current plan for 199. I said I will think over it and asked to give me a call tomorrow.

Today I went to both EE and P4U shops close to work. They had no stock but was expecting delivery on Monday. It was the same story from another EE shop near my home. I'm fed up with the shops, none of them seem to know when the Lumias would arrive. For all I know it could be general delivery.

Well, got a call today from T-Mobile about the offer, I get to keep my unlimited internet & tethering on my 18 month 21 plan plus get a discount of 6 on my monthly contract which brings it down to 15. The cost of the phone was still 199. This is by far the cheapest option since the cost of the phone + contract over 18 months is 469. The only snag is that delivery may take up to 10 days however they are sending the phones out today so may get it sooner.

So there you go, I have ordered it and am a happy bunny. Yes its a bore to wait but I'm glad I didn't switch and in the end it worked out fine.

On another note she said there have neen a lot of inquiries about the phones and is quite popular at the moment. Even as I was at Phones4U & EE there were people wanting to buy this phone.
    11-09-2012 10:25 AM
    Just saw you can buy the black version on the P4U site now....

"Buy the sim free Nokia Lumia 920 for just 459.95"
    Nokia Lumia 920 SIM Free Deals | Phones 4u

Shame it's not red or yellow :-/

EDIT: White and red are available now too. Still waiting for yellow. MUST resist buying red instead ;)
    Last edited by RidingOnTheWind; 11-09-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: .
    11-09-2012 10:57 AM
344 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD