The Farce of the Nokia Lumia 920 in the UK

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
ffs!! i eventually got to hold and see the White handset today in a P4u store... pulled the trigger on a deal, only to have some BS with my address fail a credit check. so damn close.. going back tomorrow armed with papers to prove i'm not a criminal on the run and i do live where i say i live. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Went to the two EE stores in Ealing today one said they don't sell off contract the other one (which is within eyesight of the other store) said they do but did not have any PYG stock. Not sure if I can be asked to go up to WhiteCity and try there.

xbilly

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Think I got the last PAYG 920 in Ealing...

Make sure you get the free wireless charging plate and headphones with your purchase.

Lloyd Grose

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Jeez, think I've screwed this up. I pre-ordered a Red 920 on 4GEE contract on 8th November from P4U online, got confirmation but I didn't get delivery date but called the next to see if they had in stock which they said they did would be expecting an email confirming delivery within the next day. The email didn't arrive s I could P4U again and this time they said they don't have any in stock and they had no idea when they would be getting them. At this stage I wasn't happy so I popped down to P4U in store and purchased a black one on contract 4GEE. 4 days later my red one turned up!! Loving the red one but I don't have 4G at my flat but I decided I wanted to keep the red on. I assumed I'll be able to return my black phone in store with no problems.. How wrong was I!

So my contract states that I can't do this unless signal is below par! As I don't have 4G I used this to return it. First of all P4U said I need to speak to EE about this then I may not be able to cancel If I'm getting 3G speeds! But I ordered on the basis of I wanted 4G. P4U then palmed me off to speak to EE, which I did who then informed me that they can't guarantee 4G speeds and that I need to speak P4U.

P4U said I can send the red one back within 7 days (although I thought it was 14 days) as I ordered online but I really wanted the red one. So I'm now left with the problem of arguing that I don't have 4G in my flat or street to return my black 920 even though the post code check says I have good coverage, or I return the red one.

Really appreciate it if any of you guys might know what my rights are on this?

Lloyd

RXP-Andy

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If the phone was sold over the internet / phone, you are legally covered by distant selling regulations.

The Regulations give consumers a right to:

• receive clear information about the supplier, the goods or services and the
    sale before deciding to buy;
  • confirmation of this information in writing;
  • a cancellation period of 7 working days in which to withdraw from the
    contract; and
  • protection from payment card fraud.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Be careful with those distance selling rules. According to P4U they do not apply to upgrades. I made them check and was pretty annoyed when they told me it only applied to new contracts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)