Unlocked Lumia 920 - Updated

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Last week I checked Negri Electronics and the phone was 698 US Dollars. Now, it's 775 for the black one and 730 for the grey one.

I do not find that very reputable.

Any other places to get it?

Will the Microsoft stores get unlocked/unbranded Lumias?

I refuse to buy it for almost 900 US Dollars from a dude on Ebay.

I am getting kinda desperate. (I need me my gadgets)

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you in the states? or somewhere else?
M?xico!

My parents are going on a trip to Ft. Lauderdale on November 22nd, I plan to have the phone shipped to their hotel so I don't have to pay some crazy taxes and tariffs in my country (The country with the most international economic/trade agreements in the world).

Yeah, it sucks. But I may be getting this phone in less than a month :)

But I think I need to order it on the 18th at the most, so everything is kewl.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The Rogers 900 is apparently unlocked and 600 dollars. Good luck finding one. I've been calling several local stores a day and no one has any.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The Rogers 900 is apparently unlocked and 600 dollars. Good luck finding one. I've been calling several local stores a day and no one has any.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
I have till the 18th to find something decent.

Apparently, Negri will get them on Nov. 6th and 7th. (Different models on different dates)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
It's kind of tough right now since the phone isn't widely distributed yet.

If you are still planning on have it delivered to your parents are in Florida, keep checking eBay, Amazon, MobileCityOnline. That's all I can suggest at this point in time.

Good luck to you.

hfcas

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
same here. currently in the states. hoping to get an unlocked on by the end of November. Just checked Negri Electronics. It has unlocked 920 from Rogers Canada for $645. wondering if that's a good deal.

Yang_H

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
same here. currently in the states. hoping to get an unlocked on by the end of November. Just checked Negri Electronics. It has unlocked 920 from Rogers Canada for $645. wondering if that's a good deal.

That sounds like a pretty good deal. I only have one question:

Is the unlocked Rogers 920 phone truly "unlocked"? Can I insert any sim card like one from T-Mobile and it will just work?

Negri doesn't specify the available date. That's the thing driving me crazy. I want an unlocked 920 and I can't wait any longer... In fact I just posted that I ordered an Galaxy Note II instead. But once the 920 especially the 1700 unlocked model becomes available at reasonable price (<=$650) I'll either sell the NoteII or give it to my wife and just get myself a 920.

--- sorry just saw that Negri listed Rogers 920 to be available on Nov 6. Don't whether they can actually ship by that date.

Last edited:

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like a pretty good deal. I only have one question:

Is the unlocked Rogers 920 phone truly "unlocked"? Can I insert any sim card like one from T-Mobile and it will just work?

Yes, the first batch of Rogers 920's have been truly "unlocked" in the manner that you are thinking. We don't know if that was intended or just an oversight..so I wouldn't count on that going forward. 3rd party unlock codes are typically pretty easy to come by for Rogers locked phones though

Yang_H

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the first batch of Rogers 920's have been truly "unlocked" in the manner that you are thinking. We don't know if that was intended or just an oversight..so I wouldn't count on that going forward. 3rd party unlock codes are typically pretty easy to come by for Rogers locked phones though

If it's truly unlocked I'll just buy it. The thing is can they really ship on Nov 6. I must have the phone by Nov 9 so that's quit a rush. Their second day shipping is like $29, not too bad though..

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I guess the best deal right now would be to get it from Negri.

Has anyone ordered anything from them?

They appear to have good reputation, but since I will be ordering two 920s (me and my wife) I want to know I'm spending 1500 dollars somewhere trustworthy.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know that would say Negri isn't reputable because they raised the price. The other sites I've had my eye on that sell Lumia 920s have done the same thing. GSM Nation, for instance. They had them listed at $699 two days ago, now they're listed at $799.

Maybe wait another couple of weeks and see how much Amazon is selling them for?

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know that would say Negri isn't reputable because they raised the price. The other sites I've had my eye on that sell Lumia 920s have done the same thing. GSM Nation, for instance. They had them listed at $699 two days ago, now they're listed at $799.

Maybe wait another couple of weeks and see how much Amazon is selling them for?
Damn. That is sad. I'll keep my eyes open these coming weeks, then. Thanks!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i sat and looked at the 3 different types of Lumia 920 on the Negri site and couldnt really tell for sure if the "unlocked" rogers would be able to work on any 3G or enhanced 3G networks when on an ATT sim in the US.
really quite a good choice though...
and for those wondering - i have heard engadget mention on their mobile podcasts the negri website and how they sometimes provide them review units.

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Guess I'll just wait a couple of weeks to place my order.

I just sent Negri an e-mail inquiring about availability and possible price hikes. I'll let you know if they tell me anything interesting. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)