Will you wait for the Lumia 920?

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
agreed. That is the only reason I'm still with Verizon. It also means I won't be leaving until they take it away.

I'm not a road warrior and rarely need to tether. If I do it's for work...and if circumstances change I'll get a (work reimbursed) hot spot. I'm usually around WiFi so need to use large amounts of data is low.

Unicron109

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Verizon never seems to get the latest and greatest smartphones and I feel like unless you are locked in or do not get service with other carriers the phones are what matters. Also while unlimited is nice it doesn't mean much unless you really eat up data. At which point you need to look at your bill and compare whether unlimited is needed or you could deal with tiered. To that point when my contract is up I'll probably be moving to ATT cause they seem to get more and better smartphones especially with regards to WP. 920 offer so much I want from a phone.

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Verizon never seems to get the latest and greatest smartphones and I feel like unless you are locked in or do not get service with other carriers the phones are what matters. Also while unlimited is nice it doesn't mean much unless you really eat up data. At which point you need to look at your bill and compare whether unlimited is needed or you could deal with tiered. To that point when my contract is up I'll probably be moving to ATT cause they seem to get more and better smartphones especially with regards to WP. 920 offer so much I want from a phone.

I'm with AT&T myself but I would point out that Verizon had the first LTE phone in the US (even though it had terrible antenna issues) and they had the exclusive on the best Android phone for a long time (I'm talking about the Galaxy Nexus). Not to mention that they get the exclusives on the Motorola DROID line.

Of course, for all of us who like WP...AT&T's the place to be :happy:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm on sprint but my contract is up. Whenever at&t comes out with it will be sooner than anything that happens waiting for sprint.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm with T-Mobile, planning on getting the 810. I may get an unlocked 920 after AT&T's six-month exclusivity ends, but then again, I may not if I end up loving the 810 enough. I'll play it by ear.

Unicron109

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm with AT&T myself but I would point out that Verizon had the first LTE phone in the US (even though it had terrible antenna issues) and they had the exclusive on the best Android phone for a long time (I'm talking about the Galaxy Nexus). Not to mention that they get the exclusives on the Motorola DROID line.

Of course, for all of us who like WP...AT&T's the place to be :happy:

Verizon has good coverage but my point is That in certain places this doesn't matter and as long as AT&T provides equal coverage in your area then it comes down to the phones and AT&T offers more choice especially with WP. Also the galaxy nexus on Verizon was somewhat a joke and the droid line has pretty much one thing going for it battery which more OEM s need to focus on. My feature filled phone is still worthless if it has a dead battery. Oh and thanks for rubbing in about at&t us Verizon WP fans have been stuck with the HTC Trophy a first Gen WP.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm bummed. Finally decided to do the math and I just can't justify it. Current bill on VZW with two smart phones, two dumb phones and unlimited data & text messaging is $205...think we have 900 or 1400 or some amount of minutes we never get close to. If I were to drop my line the remaining three phones would be $140, for a savings of about $65/month. Can't drop VZW all together since there are still some phones in contract.

To go to AT&T with a corporate data plan of 3GB (need for Good for Enterprise), 450 minutes and unlimited text it would be about $107/month after a 17% discount. So...pay about $40/month more for the privledge of jumping to the Lumia 920. I just can't rationalize it...I guess I'm destined to get the 8X. Perhaps V2 of the Nokia launch on Verizon will be better - time will tell.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm bummed. Finally decided to do the math and I just can't justify it. Current bill on VZW with two smart phones, two dumb phones and unlimited data & text messaging is $205...think we have 900 or 1400 or some amount of minutes we never get close to. If I were to drop my line the remaining three phones would be $140, for a savings of about $65/month. Can't drop VZW all together since there are still some phones in contract.

To go to AT&T with a corporate data plan of 3GB (need for Good for Enterprise), 450 minutes and unlimited text it would be about $107/month after a 17% discount. So...pay about $40/month more for the privledge of jumping to the Lumia 920. I just can't rationalize it...I guess I'm destined to get the 8X. Perhaps V2 of the Nokia launch on Verizon will be better - time will tell.

Dude... why don't you just switch to an MVNO? Best of both worlds.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Dude... why don't you just switch to an MVNO? Best of both worlds.

Fair question. I wonder whether MVNO's have the right "pipe" to work with Good for Enterprise. On both Verizon & AT&T you need to pay for a special data package to have access to these corporate data-related devices. Either they are just upcharging because they can (and otherwise neutering connections), or there is a special service. If it's the former they definitely are neutering it, because I know for a fact that the Good App won't connect to our Good Server if that special plan isn't active (on VZW at least).

Unicron109

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
The price of Lumia 920 on AT&T makes the 822 on Verizon a lackluster option. Hoping 920 comes to Verizon in six months like the rumors say or AT&T here I come.

Arenzael

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
6mo there will likely be a better phone coming out, or be available shortly thereafter.

I left Verizon and my Unlimited Plan for At&t and a 920.

Verizon would drop my Unlimited as soon as I upgraded to a new 4G phone, so there was no longer any loyalty with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb