I got a Lumia 920 on TMobile USA

tavogus

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Quick question. So far so good, data working with great speeds, MMS also working, all this in T Mobile networks.
But, reading some posts I noticed that the phone you have is developer phone. This means that if I go to AT&T when the phone comes out to the public (hopefully Nov 9th), and buy it without contract, it will NOT work with T-Mobile network? Or I'm wrong, and it WILL work with T-Mobile?
Where I live, San Diego CA, at&t does not provide unlimited data plans, this is why I'm planning on buying the phone without contract and use it with T-Mobile, since they have a "unlimited" data plan.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
So there is no way to unlock an AT&T lumia 920 to use with T-Mobile?

I've found at least one 3rd party unlocking site which claims to be able to provide codes for the AT&T 920..though I can't vouch for them. However, that said...just because the phone is unlocked doesn't mean that the AWS 3G band is available. From the specifications it would seem that the AT&T-specific version might have the AWS band disabled in firmware..and that's not something that a subsidy unlock code can fix. I don't think we'll know for sure what the situation is on that front until people start getting them into their hands.

tavogus

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Techymexican said:
you could unlock it, but the AT&T version doesn't have the band for HSPA+ on T-Mobile
Meaning that even if I unlock the phone, it won't work in T-Mobile network. Corrent?

Last edited:

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Correct. Currently, negrielectronics.com lists a grey 920 with the AWS/1700 bands which would theoretically support TMo 3 and fauxG(HSPA+). I have an email in to them to check on it and make sure the boxes truly say 1700MHz is supported.

TheNerdlyKnight

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
When you get services depending on how busy provisioning is it can take up to two hours for data services to start working. Also since thats a developer version your using you'll want to check your apn settings as well.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Xelaz

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I can not edit the APN. Are you going with the stock T-Mobile settings?

I have seen brief flashes of H+ but I mainly stay on 3G and E.
Same here. Dev 920 on T-Mobile. Brief flashes of H+ (usually waking up from a period of inactivity) then showing 3G most of the time. Never saw H or 4G. Speeds of 10-11.7 Mb/s. Was wondering why H+ does not stay ...

Xelaz

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Dev 920 on T-Mobile. Brief flashes of H+ (usually waking up from a period of inactivity) then showing 3G most of the time. Never saw H or 4G. Speeds of 10-11.7 Mb/s. Was wondering why H+ does not stay ...
I think I figured it out: It appears to idle on 3G and switch to H+ when data connection is in use. Makes sense ...

locokip

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Colon?

colon?
u mean dash?

I've hears of folks getting their *** confused with a hole in the ground, but confusing your colon is a whole 'nother problem altogether!

Don't know if I can help you with that, but maybe you can Bing it!

Anyways, I have T-mo and am seriously considering switching after 12 years because of data speeds. Is 10mbps on T-mo about as good as it gets? I hear LTE on Verizon getting in the 30mbps.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've hears of folks getting their *** confused with a hole in the ground, but confusing your colon is a whole 'nother problem altogether!

Don't know if I can help you with that, but maybe you can Bing it!

Anyways, I have T-mo and am seriously considering switching after 12 years because of data speeds. Is 10mbps on T-mo about as good as it gets? I hear LTE on Verizon getting in the 30mbps.

10Mbps? Try 42Mbps! That's T-Mobile's maximum speeds. But of course, that depends on your location...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot of your data speeds at your location?

It wouldn't be worth my doing that because I'm currently using an unlocked iPhone 4 and literally only yesterday just started seeing 3G appearing on it. I was just speaking in general terms of T-Mobile being capable of speeds of 42Mbps, not speaking from my own experience. :blush:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077