I got a Lumia 920 on TMobile USA

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
It wouldn't be worth my doing that because I'm currently using an unlocked iPhone 4 and literally only yesterday just started seeing 3G appearing on it. I was just speaking in general terms of T-Mobile being capable of speeds of 42Mbps, not speaking from my own experience. :blush:

Well the iphone 4 only supports 7.2mbps HSDPA maximum anyway so the test wouldn't be impressive regardless if you had 42mbps network available.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Where can I order a carrier unlocked 920? I see pre-orders on some Web sites, but none for sale. I live in Massachusetts.

Carrier unlocked, or factory unlocked? I'm not sure you can get them carrier unlocked unless you've had the phone awhile with a carrier.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm excited about this phone as I will purchase this to use with T-Mobile. Last week I emailed Negri Electronics to ask about the availability as well as if it can run on T-Mobile. They sent an email back today as they stated they will sell three models. One is the Roger, one version is directly from Nokia, and one is AT&T. All of them are unlocked, however, only the Roger and the version from Nokia have pentaband as their website said that.

Another thing that I notice is that the version from Roger misses some bands for LTE, but it will contains the band that run LTE on AT&T and T-Mobile (presumably they have LTE in 2013). Aside from that, I think we gonna see those phones in stock by this week, might be tomorrow if we are lucky.

Also, just a quick note on the speed. My HD7 ran the speed test using 3G and it only hit about 2 -4 Mbps because of the limitation on the radio (HSDPA 7.2 Mbps), so I guess the speed that we have seen is pretty good, well not quite yet. It might depends on location too.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Great info, Spincel, corroborates the info I got from them today as well (I preordered the Gray 920). I'm really excited to get the phone. Wonder if it'll come with any accessories? Including a wireless charger would sure be swell for that price.

westwaswon

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm excited about this phone as I will purchase this to use with T-Mobile. Last week I emailed Negri Electronics to ask about the availability as well as if it can run on T-Mobile. They sent an email back today as they stated they will sell three models. One is the Roger, one version is directly from Nokia, and one is AT&T. All of them are unlocked, however, only the Roger and the version from Nokia have pentaband as their website said that.

Another thing that I notice is that the version from Roger misses some bands for LTE, but it will contains the band that run LTE on AT&T and T-Mobile (presumably they have LTE in 2013). Aside from that, I think we gonna see those phones in stock by this week, might be tomorrow if we are lucky.

Also, just a quick note on the speed. My HD7 ran the speed test using 3G and it only hit about 2 -4 Mbps because of the limitation on the radio (HSDPA 7.2 Mbps), so I guess the speed that we have seen is pretty good, well not quite yet. It might depends on location too.

I'm so close to pre-ordering the grey 920 but not sure if its worth an extra $100 to get the color I want. They must be getting a ton of interest because they keep upping the preorder price. At $777 right now. May settle for the black Rogers or wait and hope the price drops in a few weeks. $800 is steep for a phone, 920 or not.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm so close to pre-ordering the grey 920 but not sure if its worth an extra $100 to get the color I want. They must be getting a ton of interest because they keep upping the preorder price. At $777 right now. May settle for the black Rogers or wait and hope the price drops in a few weeks. $800 is steep for a phone, 920 or not.

Well, I did ask them if the price gonna go down or not, but they ignore that question. I'm really don't care about branding or color, but the think I was worried is that I heard Roger phone might got locked down from LTE radio, even it had the band to support for LTE. In the end, I will get the cheapest version that I can afford. Buying unlocked allows me to keep out of contract with T-Mobile, so later on I can upgrade to whatever the new WP8 they will offer next year. We'll see by tomorrow if they will have the Roger.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I saw the price jump today! Was glad I got in the pre-order at $729. I REALLY want grey/gray, and if I'm going to have the phone for 2+years, I'm willing to put the money down.

westwaswon

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I did ask them if the price gonna go down or not, but they ignore that question. I'm really don't care about branding or color, but the think I was worried is that I heard Roger phone might got locked down from LTE radio, even it had the band to support for LTE. In the end, I will get the cheapest version that I can afford. Buying unlocked allows me to keep out of contract with T-Mobile, so later on I can upgrade to whatever the new WP8 they will offer next year. We'll see by tomorrow if they will have the Roger.

Yeah they wouldn't answer me on the price either, just got the "prices are subject to change" line. I want to stay away from the Rogers one because I want to use the TMobile LTE next year when it gets turned on but I'll have to pay for it.

You said they're saying stock by the 7th? Maybe I'll hold off and see what the price is then. Thanks for doing the leg work, also! The 920 on TMobile means a lot to many people!

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah they wouldn't answer me on the price either, just got the "prices are subject to change" line. I want to stay away from the Rogers one because I want to use the TMobile LTE next year when it gets turned on but I'll have to pay for it.

You said they're saying stock by the 7th? Maybe I'll hold off and see what the price is then. Thanks for doing the leg work, also! The 920 on TMobile means a lot to many people!

Roger version has LTE band for T-Mobile, but there is no confirm about if it is working properly. Perhaps any person that has AT&T LTE can test it with Roger version.

P/s: An article just popped out from WMPU. According to them, any HSDPA version of Lumia 920 and 820 will be able to use LTE with an software update. If that the case, I think we are safe to order those International version.

Last edited:

Hombaca05

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Looking into getting this myself. Found it here...Nokia Lumia 920 Sim Free

They seem to be offering it cheaper than Negri. I began the checkout process to see shipping and such, and it looked to only be around 550US from what I could tell. Tho I didn't see where it indicated what color you were getting, the website only features the yellow model so perhaps that's the one.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Looking into getting this myself. Found it here...Nokia Lumia 920 Sim Free

They seem to be offering it cheaper than Negri. I began the checkout process to see shipping and such, and it looked to only be around 550US from what I could tell. Tho I didn't see where it indicated what color you were getting, the website only features the yellow model so perhaps that's the one.

Better confirm with them that this model has the band to use with T-Mobile. I went through a lot of sites and only Negri lists Lumia 920 with 1700 Mhz, the rest only using the AT&T model.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Negri upped the price for the unlocked 920s again? Sheesh, that's twice in less than a week, then. Well, it proves that this phone is high in demand, which is a good thing. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234