I got a Lumia 920 on TMobile USA

strider2

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Nokia India also is unlocked and carrier free.
They are also pentaband => will work on t-mobile

Currently not available but will be cheaper than 800 bucks if you know someone who can buy it for you.

not for all but thought maybe useful information.

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Visual voicemail works on T-Mobile. :O

If you don't mind, could you test to see if the 'Data Sense' app is installed?

if it is, could you test to see what features are enabled?

During the Press Conf. Joe B said only Verizon would initially have Data Sense and I thought that was weird b/c the OS should be able to see what bytes are coming in and out

Thanks,
~andre

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind, could you test to see if the 'Data Sense' app is installed?

if it is, could you test to see what features are enabled?

During the Press Conf. Joe B said only Verizon would initially have Data Sense and I thought that was weird b/c the OS should be able to see what bytes are coming in and out

Thanks,
~andre

I have not seen any mention of data sense in the OS. I think it's just not ready yet.

However, I see that Nokia has their own data compression app in beta. http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-xpress-internet

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh, wow, just realized that the negri gray 920 includes a wireless charging plate. Win.

Where did you see it? I don't see anywhere mention that. However, some article from today said that Nokia will indeed throw us free wireless charge, if we purchase during this year. The price from the OEM vs Roger is $100, so I wonder it might include the price of the charge. But I don't know why price the yellow OEM is lower than the grey or black OEM.

Another thing that they stated at their website that expected available is today, but when I called them, they said they have not yet receive any device. This waiting is freaking killing me.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Where did you see it? I don't see anywhere mention that. However, some article from today said that Nokia will indeed throw us free wireless charge, if we purchase during this year. The price from the OEM vs Roger is $100, so I wonder it might include the price of the charge. But I don't know why price the yellow OEM is lower than the grey or black OEM.

Another thing that they stated at their website that expected available is today, but when I called them, they said they have not yet receive any device. This waiting is freaking killing me.

From what I saw on Negri on Friday, the phones were due to be in stock tomorrow, the 7th.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
From what I saw on Negri on Friday, the phones were due to be in stock tomorrow, the 7th.

Not the Roger version, which they should have some since Roger released it early. Of course, it could be delay with other til tomorrow for full released. I'm eager to order. I don't think the version from OEM much different from Roger since it has some band that US carriers don't use and without the branding. The different from 60-100 is what affect my choice right now.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

It's in the description for both the red and the grey lumia 920 on their site. It's in the last line "...7GB free SkyDrive online storage, NFC File transfer and Wirless charging plate."

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It's in the description for both the red and the grey lumia 920 on their site. It's in the last line "...7GB free SkyDrive online storage, NFC File transfer and Wirless charging plate."

So does the black Roger. Any suggest that I should put down the pre-order, presumable the cheapest (black Roger), or to wait for them to have them available then buy it?

westwaswon

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
So does the black Roger. Any suggest that I should put down the pre-order, presumable the cheapest (black Roger), or to wait for them to have them available then buy it?

I'm not sure that doesn't mean there's a plate in the phone that charges wirelessly vs you actually get the charging pad. You'd think a huge freebie like that would be more prominently noted. I'm going to wait until they set the final prices and then decide.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Noticed last night that Negri changed the MHzs on their unlocked grey and reds to remove the 1700MHz spectrum. Have an email in with them right now, waiting on a response. If so, this is sad.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Noticed last night that Negri changed the MHzs on their unlocked grey and reds to remove the 1700MHz spectrum. Have an email in with them right now, waiting on a response. If so, this is sad.

I just looked up the Nokia Lumia 920 on the global website of Nokia. They just removed the 1700 Mhz from both WCDMA and LTE. It looks like either they wait for AT&T to launch and fix that page, or some typo mistake. Anyway, the Roger version still has that. It's so confuse.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just looked up the Nokia Lumia 920 on the global website of Nokia. They just removed the 1700 Mhz from both WCDMA and LTE. It looks like either they wait for AT&T to launch and fix that page, or some typo mistake. Anyway, the Roger version still has that. It's so confuse.

Really? They FINALLY did that? I kept checking after that claim that the international version lacked the AWS 7100 band, but they never removed it. Odd that they did that now that people are buying a ton of 920s unlocked to use on T-Mobile and prepaid carriers like Straight Talk. :dry

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Really? They FINALLY did that? I kept checking after that claim that the international version lacked the AWS 7100 band, but they never removed it. Odd that they did that now that people are buying a ton of 920s unlocked to use on T-Mobile and prepaid carriers like Straight Talk. :dry

All the sites that list unlocked Lumia 920 from OEM have changed the frequency also. I don't know if those data from these sellers are mapped from the global website or they just changed it as the same time. The only left is Roger, but I went to Nokia CA and they did not list any GSM or WCDMA beside the LTE. I hope someone can clarify this because we don't want to buy these if we cannot use these properly despite that is a beautiful device.

P/s: Pulled up the history of Nokia Global webpage, look like they cut off a lot of LTE frequencies. Don't know why they did that.

Last edited:

GZAZ

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, new to the forum.
I plan on buying an AT&T unlocked Lumia 920 to use with my T-Mobile SIM.
I confirmed with AT&T sales rep that if I buy the phone with no commitment, they can unlock it.
However, can anyone confirm that the Lumia 920 can get 2G, 3G, or 4G on T-mobile?

thanks in advance for the help

strider2

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, new to the forum.
I plan on buying an AT&T unlocked Lumia 920 to use with my T-Mobile SIM.
I confirmed with AT&T sales rep that if I buy the phone with no commitment, they can unlock it.
However, can anyone confirm that the Lumia 920 can get 2G, 3G, or 4G on T-mobile?

thanks in advance for the help

Please be careful...AT&T sales rep may have misinformed you.
AT&T exclusivity is for 6 months..even though you purchase full price from AT&T, they will not unlock it immediately...

Please double check this.
I am also in the same boat..planning to buy full price from AT&T and want to use it on T-mobile pre-paid 30 dollar plan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire