I got a Lumia 920 on TMobile USA

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
What is the down side if I buy the roger lumia and use a t mobile chip on it.

Both Roger and Dev seem to have some issue with tethering, but some people manage to get it working by trigger an OTA update. Aside from that, data should work but in some case, you need to add custom APN.

CB Gardner

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I preordered the Grey Lumia 920 from gsmnation.com. They tell me they'll have stock late this week or early next week with the 1700 band intact. I'm going to try it with my TMobile SIM. Hopefully all goes well.

aweinograd

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
920 or 8X

Really want a 920 running on T-Mobile. I want to make sure it will work on AWS and be compatible with future LTE plans for T-Mobile. Negri is only selling black ones too unlocked from Rogers. Is anyone able to determine the difference between the Dev Unlocked and the Rogers ones?

I am tempted to get the 8X because it will just work on AWS and cause of the better front facing camera.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Really want a 920 running on T-Mobile. I want to make sure it will work on AWS and be compatible with future LTE plans for T-Mobile. Negri is only selling black ones too unlocked from Rogers. Is anyone able to determine the difference between the Dev Unlocked and the Rogers ones?

I am tempted to get the 8X because it will just work on AWS and cause of the better front facing camera.

Not so many different. In fact they are the same. The only different is that dev phone is not branded like Rogers so you don't have Rogers start-up screen and it has some dev capability inside.

If you want to get the 8X, get the one from T-Mobile because other variants will not have AWS band to work with TMO.

aweinograd

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Not so many different. In fact they are the same. The only different is that dev phone is not branded like Rogers so you don't have Rogers start-up screen and it has some dev capability inside.

If you want to get the 8X, get the one from T-Mobile because other variants will not have AWS band to work with TMO.

Makes sense. Would like to get the dev unlocked one, but only seeing them for $900+

oobumblebeeoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think someone needs to share the firmware files so we can flash it to our locked so called 'simfree' EE devices.
Had the phone nearly two weeks now and not had any sim recognised in it.

I ordered 4 free orange Sims and none work!!
ordered 2 payandgo tmobile sims and will see how that pans out.

Pretty p!ssed about it. :mad:

hapishyguy

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It sounds repetitive but if tell my family in Canada to get Roger's Nokia Lumia 920 and send it to me and then put TMobile SIM in it, will it work?
I have checked the bands on rogers site and it looks like it would work but not sure if I will get the same thing if I go to the Rogers store or not?
The other day I was chatting with a Rogers Rep online and she said she has no clue of this bands :)

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It sounds repetitive but if tell my family in Canada to get Roger's Nokia Lumia 920 and send it to me and then put TMobile SIM in it, will it work?
I have checked the bands on rogers site and it looks like it would work but not sure if I will get the same thing if I go to the Rogers store or not?
The other day I was chatting with a Rogers Rep online and she said she has no clue of this bands :)

It will work, however, you will have to get buy it off-contract and then pay Rogers $50 to unlock the phone first.

aparlette

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I now have the developer version of the phone on T-Mobile in the Baltimore, MD area. After getting a micro-sim the phone network came up right away. Data wasn't working, but all the setting pages automatically recognized T-Mobile. After about 5-10 minutes the "H' HSPDA network lit up and I was online. I actually still have the old T-Zones, not one of the current plans, but it still worked and I didn't have to manually enter any settings. I'm getting about 8 Mb/s down and 1 Mb/s up. I'm not sure if the old plan is slowing things down or not, but it seems like similar numbers to others on this forum, and it's faster than my N8 was getting by quite a bit.

mcmikel

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have posted on a few other threads on WP Central about T-Mobile.

Here is my experience so far with my 920 dev unit on T-Mobile:

• I have the developers unit. Luckily I had a $800 phone allowance from work so technically it only cost me $100. I need an unlocked phone as I travel overseas a lot and I am tired of carrying two phones.
  • I am not in an upgraded area for the 42-Mbps HSPA+ but I do average about 10-12 Mbps (sometimes 14) down and about 2-4 Mbps up
  • Setting up the access point was difficult at first as the T-Mobile store rep was a little technical but because the device was so new, he really couldn?t help that much. I ended up doing some trial and error and found that the preloaded T-Mobile access point works (with MMS) IF you set the speeds in the cellular settings to 3G.
  • T-Mobile just recently sent an update pertaining to access points which I think is because the Nokia 810 was just released. Now I am using an access point called T-Mobile ipv6 (does not seem like anything has changed BUT when I called T-Mobile and questioned this, they said it is for the January roll out of the 42-Mbps HSPA+ service in the San Diego area.) and I have since switched my speed setting to 4G in the cellular setting. In the top left hand bar, it only shows an H as it always has (H is short for HSDPA).

So far everything is good. I do drop calls every so often inside my office which I never did on sprint (coming over from an HTC EVO 3D on Sprint). I chalk that up to the location of my office as I have yet to drop a call while driving on T-Mobile. I have 3 more weeks to determine if I am going to stay with T-Mobile. The everything plan is definitely worth it as I am only paying $60 a month.

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Buy a roger or go with the dev version which right now is freaking expensive on Ebay. Roger, on the other hand, is less expensive.

did the dev phone route since I am a WP & Win8 dev. It was freekin' expensive but less so than a trip to Build, it's working great on T-MoUSA!

Gyeames

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have posted on a few other threads on WP Central about T-Mobile.

Here is my experience so far with my 920 dev unit on T-Mobile:

• I have the developers unit. Luckily I had a $800 phone allowance from work so technically it only cost me $100. I need an unlocked phone as I travel overseas a lot and I am tired of carrying two phones.
  • I am not in an upgraded area for the 42-Mbps HSPA+ but I do average about 10-12 Mbps (sometimes 14) down and about 2-4 Mbps up
  • Setting up the access point was difficult at first as the T-Mobile store rep was a little technical but because the device was so new, he really couldn’t help that much. I ended up doing some trial and error and found that the preloaded T-Mobile access point works (with MMS) IF you set the speeds in the cellular settings to 3G.
  • T-Mobile just recently sent an update pertaining to access points which I think is because the Nokia 810 was just released. Now I am using an access point called T-Mobile ipv6 (does not seem like anything has changed BUT when I called T-Mobile and questioned this, they said it is for the January roll out of the 42-Mbps HSPA+ service in the San Diego area.) and I have since switched my speed setting to 4G in the cellular setting. In the top left hand bar, it only shows an H as it always has (H is short for HSDPA).

So far everything is good. I do drop calls every so often inside my office which I never did on sprint (coming over from an HTC EVO 3D on Sprint). I chalk that up to the location of my office as I have yet to drop a call while driving on T-Mobile. I have 3 more weeks to determine if I am going to stay with T-Mobile. The everything plan is definitely worth it as I am only paying $60 a month.

planning to get a lumia 920 soon and use it for t-mobile. was wondering if you can post your apn settings you use for t-mobile. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion