I got a Lumia 920 on TMobile USA

MrKrishna

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just want to post another data point. I got my dev unlocked 920 yesterday and got it fully functional on T-Mobile. I had some issues with data connection (as in no connection, although I was showing a HSPA connection). I spent about 30 mins with a T-Mo rep to no avail, we couldn't find the APN settings. After playing around for a bit I found Settings>Access Point and enabled T-Mobile and voila - full data connection. There is also a button to 'add' where all the APN/MMS settings are.

I had an Rogers unlocked 920 on pre-order from Negri for a month now and it kept getting postponed and postponed, I cancelled and pulled the trigger on this, and am SO glad I did. MMS is also working.

Just wanted to share. Am happy to help if I can...

Edit - I mistakingly mentioned I thought the new batch of Rogers' 920s wouldn't support 1700 band...they do

Last edited:

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just want to post another data point. I got my dev unlocked 920 yesterday and got it fully functional on T-Mobile. I had some issues with data connection (as in no connection, although I was showing a HSPA connection). I spent about 30 mins with a T-Mo rep to no avail, we couldn't find the APN settings. After playing around for a bit I found Settings>Access Point and enabled T-Mobile and voila - full data connection. There is also a button to 'add' where all the APN/MMS settings are.

I had an Rogers unlocked 920 on pre-order from Negri for a month now and it kept getting postponed and postponed. As soon as I saw the new Rogers 920 wouldn't support 1700, I cancelled and pulled the trigger on this, and am SO glad I did. MMS is also working.

One less pre-order so that mine can be processed fast :love:. Just a fact, the Rogers is the same as Dev, only it comes locked. Anyway it's great that you figured out the data. Try tethering see if it works or not.

Tokuro Yamashiro

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Onyx Z32

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the MMS APN settings guys. I can't try anything at the moment because my dev phone's AWS was apparently crippled by an AT&T firmware flash. Once that's sorted I'll report back.

Tethering does indeed work!

Fantastic. Someone reported on XDA that the AT&T and Rogers firmware both have code to disable it.

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I should read more carefully!

Does this mean I can go ahead and order an unlocked 920 with confidence? I will do it now!

(steering thread slightly away...) And where would one get an unlocked 920 that could be used in the US? I have looked. The only 2 places selling them unlocked only have preorders so far, negri and wirefly.

Thanks

-Doc

Mantikos

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
(steering thread slightly away...) And where would one get an unlocked 920 that could be used in the US? I have looked. The only 2 places selling them unlocked only have preorders so far, negri and wirefly.

Thanks

-Doc

Rogers phones will unlocked its Lumia 920 for $50 and that can be used in the US on AT&T & TMobile
Or you can buy BUILD Developer phones from eBay (supply is dwindling since there were only 2500 built)

MrKrishna

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

timriley

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by the 'new Rogers 920 wouldn't support 1700'? All Rogers Lumia920s have the 1700 band. The only thing you have to be careful of though is to never flash it with an AT&T ROM as reports are that that somehow permanently blocks the 1700 band (as it appears to also happen on ROM-flashes of the dev units).

Hi guys,

I had an Rogers unlocked 920 on pre-order from Negri for a month now and it kept getting postponed and postponed. As soon as I saw the new Rogers 920 wouldn't support 1700, I cancelled and pulled the trigger on this, and am SO glad I did. MMS is also working.

aweinograd

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just received my 920 from Negri. Works flawlessly. I get 4G on the top left. MMS doesn't work.

I can't figure out what the exact settings are but can't send/receive MMS messages. I don't have access points like others do. Any one get this working?

mcmikel

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
aweinograd - just confirming, you are using T-Mobile?

If so, under settings, last selection in that menu should be access point. Once you insert the T-Mobile sim, it should populate a selection T-Mobile.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the Rogers on, not the dev one. under Settings, there still is no Access Point. Is that for the dev unlocked phone only?
Here is the web link for the app:

Code:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/access-point/ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d?wa=wsignin1.0

View it in your phone to be able to install it from the store. However, MMS not working is related to 3G/LTE settings. Someone mentioned that you switch the highest speed setting to 3G and you will be able to get MMS working. You can try the app as its function is adding APN into the setting.

darkdessert

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi how did you make your Rogers 920 work with AT&T data network? I just bought one the voice works fine and it shows 4G on the top left corner but can't really connect to the AT&T data network even after I set up the APN with the AT&T tech support. I know I have AT&T LTE in the area but it just shows 4G which I don't really care much about right now, as long as i can get connected to data. Thanks.

I tested this -- the Rogers 920 works with AT&T LTE.

darkdessert

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded the "access point" app from Nokia and set the APN to ATT 3G and it worked. However the other two options "ATT LTE 1" and "ATT LTE 2" don't work.

Hi how did you make your Rogers 920 work with AT&T data network? I just bought one the voice works fine and it shows 4G on the top left corner but can't really connect to the AT&T data network even after I set up the APN with the AT&T tech support. I know I have AT&T LTE in the area but it just shows 4G which I don't really care much about right now, as long as i can get connected to data. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon