I got a Lumia 920 on TMobile USA

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up a dev Lumia 920 and got the unlimited data plan on Tmo for 60 a month.

It seems that the 1700mhz is getting picked up by the device.

My data is not working unfortunately. The store rep told me it was because I set up a brand new account.

Any questions?
attachment.php

Last edited:

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Just like the guy w/o mms you can search around google for different apn settings to see if they work. Congrats on the dev 920 and new Tmo plan~ :cheer:

Gyeames

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
what do you mean your data isn't working because "you set up a brand new account"?
how will you make the data work then?

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
The rep said the data wasn't working yet because the account was just created, but I don't think that's the case.

Here is a screenshot of my cellular section.

attachment.php

Gyeames

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
the other guy said he didn't have data for at least 3 hours so i was just wondering how long have you had the phone?
should update us when you got your data working for you. goodluck. :)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow... Very cool, and congrats KoukiFC3S for being the first one of us here to have a 920 on T-Mobile. :) I hope you get your data situation cleared up soon. One question, though - what's the "H" at the top left of the screen? Or is that just there because of the lack of data? Definitely update us when you get that problem fixed!

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Got my data working!

Had to go to settings, access points, and select tmobile. Derp!! I thought everything was handled in cellular settings.

H should be for HSPA+. Gonna do some speed tests now. BRB! :D

attachment.php

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know... I've seen "E," "3G" or "4G" showing up there on phones running T-Mobile, but it's a first to see an H.
I used to see an H on my HTC Touch Pro 2 back in the day :) I seem to recall lots of people asking what the H on their phones meant back then - that was when 3G was going live on T-Mobile. Nothing out of the ordinary. Perhaps the dev phones just have the H rather than anything else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)