Bluetooth 4.0 or 3.0

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know if the US version of the Nokia Lumia 920 has Bluetooth 4.0 or 3.0? The Nokia USA page lists 3.0, but there was a news a while ago that the FCC passed an international version of the 920 with 4.0.

Thanks

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Any of those accessories have the supporting apps on wp store!

We have to wait for it.
As always iOS gets them first.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

We have to wait for it.

If I remember correctly, there was no WP that supported BT 4.0, so why should anybody develops an app that wouldn't work with their accessories? I am still not sure about 4.0 since Nokia USA -still states it as 3.0.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

We have to wait for it.

If I remember correctly there was no WP with BT 4.0. why should anybody make an app that wouldn't be compatible with their accessories? Let's wait and see, but I am still skeptical, since Nokia still lists it as BT 3.0

Nokia Lumia 920 Specifications - Nokia - USA

camstreet1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
It's really weird that nobody seems to know for sure if it has BT4.0 - sure it's apparently been certified, but it isn't listed on any of Nokia's official spec sheets, and I've seen no confirmation it's even supported by WP8. It really feels like nokia are mismanaging this release.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My assumption is that WP software only supports BT 3.0 for now, despite the BT 4.0 hardware in the device. That would mean it's future-proofed for when there is 4.0 support in WP.

I would be happy to be proved wrong - I'd love to see 4.0 supported in WP8.

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Technically, Nokia can't say that the phone has Bluetooth 4.0. Although the hardware supports it, the software won't allow it. In a way, it's them trying to cover their butts in case people start complaining about false advertisement on 4.0 support even though there really isn't any.

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
The major differences between Bluetooth 3.X and 4 is pretty much the adoption of low energy profiles. Bluetooth 4 mainly focuses on energy usage and efficiency over the older version and in order to take advantage of the new low energy protocols you need to have Bluetooth 4.0 accessories. :wink:

Beachley Main

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Is there any update to use of Bluetooth 4.0 for lumia 920? I need to integrate a heart rate monitor with my app and was looking at the Polar H7 - and it needs 4.0 LE. I know that the 920 hardware is certified, my understanding is that we are on an update to WP8. On the Nokia site it is implied that this is being worked on, anybody heard about a way to be a beta tester for this; I'd like to get started ASAP rather that wait for RTM.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Accounts seem to indicate that L920 hardware can support 4.0, but WP8 at this time does not. Hopefully with a future software update software support can be added, as the hardware is already there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb