Here we are, Nov 4th Still no pre orders or announcement.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
At&t are, as usual, pushing Windows Phone to the back. They say they're going to push it aggressively, but don't. I firmly believe they want to push it back yo help pad their holiday numbers. Who knows, really, all purely speculation. But one thing we do know is At&t isn't convinced that Windows Phone is going to make it, yet.

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Local AT&T store says they know it's coming soon, nothing more - no training, etc. Said they typically get their training 'day of'.

Called AT&T cust svc & they tell me absolutely 11/11 - even scheduled a call back for one of their reps to call me on 11/11 to confirm availability & take my order.

Hopelly the 11/9 rumor is true so when they call & can tell them I'm talking to them on my new phone :)

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Local AT&T store says they know it's coming soon, nothing more - no training, etc. Said they typically get their training 'day of'.

Called AT&T cust svc & they tell me absolutely 11/11 - even scheduled a call back for one of their reps to call me on 11/11 to confirm availability & take my order.

Hopelly the 11/9 rumor is true so when they call & can tell them I'm talking to them on my new phone :)

Not possibe for u to walk in to store and get on 11/9. That is probably for online oreorders shipping and delivery on 9th like 900 where proerders got it early.

Most likely u can walj in and get on 12th since the 11th is a sunday and att stores are tyoically closed on sunday

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I reckon it will touch down 9th November in UK. Boom, this time next week I could have it. Just got to avoid those ropey ee price plans. The ee stores were jam packed at the weekend, can't get my head around it. For me, their prices are awful. I would love a 12 month contract though.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I Understand people are frustrated, I am too - However, I do not want a phone launch based on consumer demand as they are typically driven by instant gratification. I want a launch based on a near bug free phone across all carriers. WP8 will not be remembered for a confusing launch, it will be remembered for how the OS works out of the box. If its launched riddled with bugs, it will get crucified, in contrast, if it releases near bug free, consumer confidence will grow exponentially, as people just want things to work. This is much more desirable then "just" getting it to market. I know we all understand this, but relax fellow WP lovers, we have a huge uphill battle against IOS and Android, believe me, we want a solid OS release. Think how pissed you would be if you were given this magical launch date, and they missed it? WP is under the worlds microscope right now, any wrong move will be devastating to the OS. I know if I were in a position to comment on the official date, I would be saying NOTHING until God himself approved. Support it, change your thoughts to, Id rather have a near bug free launch and you will feel better :) At least it is coming.

Here is the problem . Ms held a launch event on the 29th. You dont hold a launch
event without having release dates and pricing without people not getting pissed. Since tmobile already priced and dated, att shoukd be ablw to.

When you hold a launch event and yes ms used launch, the ohone better be ready.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Not possibe for u to walk in to store and get on 11/9. That is probably for online oreorders shipping and delivery on 9th like 900 where proerders got it early.

Most likely u can walj in and get on 12th since the 11th is a sunday and att stores are tyoically closed on sunday

All stores around me open at 12:00 pm on Sundays...

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I Understand people are frustrated, I am too - However, I do not want a phone launch based on consumer demand as they are typically driven by instant gratification. I want a launch based on a near bug free phone across all carriers. WP8 will not be remembered for a confusing launch, it will be remembered for how the OS works out of the box. If its launched riddled with bugs, it will get crucified, in contrast, if it releases near bug free, consumer confidence will grow exponentially, as people just want things to work. This is much more desirable then "just" getting it to market. I know we all understand this, but relax fellow WP lovers, we have a huge uphill battle against IOS and Android, believe me, we want a solid OS release. Think how pissed you would be if you were given this magical launch date, and they missed it? WP is under the worlds microscope right now, any wrong move will be devastating to the OS. I know if I were in a position to comment on the official date, I would be saying NOTHING until God himself approved. Support it, change your thoughts to, Id rather have a near bug free launch and you will feel better :) At least it is coming.

That's all fine and well but, it has been released to public already in select markets. Your argument doesn't stand.

abailey535

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Same here in NC, all AT&T store open on Sunday's. WTF is the hold up, if release is next week Sunday, then need to start per-orders now.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Man, I can't wait for the Lumia 920 (and the rest of the WP8 devices) finally launch, then I'll be so busy complaining about how long it took and how I *should* have had it a week earlier. That day is going to be great!

- Said no one ever...

Seriously, it'll come out. I'm thankful that I already have it pre-ordered and it'll just show up at my house (hopefully this week).

The question is, will I (and all the others) get our phones before or after AT&T officially announces when its coming out...

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Man, I can't wait for the Lumia 920 (and the rest of the WP8 devices) finally launch, then I'll be so busy complaining about how long it took and how I *should* have had it a week earlier. That day is going to be great!

- Said no one ever...

Seriously, it'll come out. I'm thankful that I already have it pre-ordered and it'll just show up at my house (hopefully this week).

The question is, will I (and all the others) get our phones before or after AT&T officially announces when its coming out...

You're right, when it's all said and done we'll forget about this awful wait.

johnnyrussoa3

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I would expect them to announce pre-orders tomorrow ( Monday) for availability on the 11th. Hopefully those who pre-order will get them on the 9th. The wait is killing me too, but we are in the homestretch, we just need to hang in there.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Not gonna lie, as much as I'm trying to be civil about this, the wait has become agonizing. Sure, you can pre-order from BestBuy and Ebay, but without an official announcement from AT&T, it's akin to putting a pacifier of a starving babies mouth. He'll shut up for a bit, but then realize it's BS and starts crying again.

And that Nov 4 rumor that got a Rumormeter of "10" is starting to feel like a stab to the chest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo