Here we are, Nov 4th Still no pre orders or announcement.

Banner18

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It's legit...

Hoping to get off work head home to get my surface which is being delivered today..if I have time before they close I will head down and let you know how it goes...

I've been using a loaner phone for 2 months waiting for this thing....dying to get a hold of it...and I am sure my salesperson is too...then I will quit bugging her ;)

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I just tried calling my AT&T store, the guy said that the Note II pre-orders are starting today, but they still have no information about the Lumia 920.

Good luck with yours Banner.

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It's legit...

Hoping to get off work head home to get my surface which is being delivered today..if I have time before they close I will head down and let you know how it goes...

I've been using a loaner phone for 2 months waiting for this thing....dying to get a hold of it...and I am sure my salesperson is too...then I will quit bugging her ;)

I'll believe it when you have a confirmed order - not taking anything by phone? In-person only?

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
My Local AT&T just informed me that the weekend availability is correct(Didn't have them elaborate on whether or not Friday is considered the weekend), but that they cannot comment on preorder availability until AT&T officially releases that information.

So either Banner is lying or the employee just didn't care and told him.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else thinking that there might be a production issue? First they ship about 40 920s to Canada, now Nokia announces a launch even for the Persian Gulf states.

You would think the USA, Europe and China would get priority due to market size.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else thinking that there might be a production issue? First they ship about 40 920s to Canada, now Nokia announces a launch even for the Persian Gulf states.

You would think the USA, Europe and China would get priority due to market size.

Well it's a known fact that WP8 firmware was late. And that training at AT&T took place last week and this week.

So delaying the firmware availability to carriers delayed testing/training.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
What a joke. I called my AT&T store and the lady said she has no info on that and how I can just go to the AT&T website and pre-order there (which you obviously can't). If this people are that clueless so close to launch then I'm at a loss for words.

jsgiv

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Just called my local store.

This time they actually changed their tone and had more details other than "current date is on or after 11/9".

Details:

Phone will be available on 11/9 (launch date)
Phone WILL come with a base charger (though not entirely sure if he knew what I was asking)
Phone will be $99.99 (asked him 3x if that was the price for the lumia 920)
No preorder simply show up and buy it.

I'm going to stop by on the way home from work to verify again.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I just had a live chat with an AT&T rep, and they knew nothing.

$99.99???

Slashgear has some new comparison photos up against an IPhone 5. I thought they looked a bit better than the comparison photos they posted against a GSIII, but still nothing to write home about, unless it's to express disappointment.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I just had a live chat with an AT&T rep, and they knew nothing.

$99.99???

Slashgear has some new comparison photos up against an IPhone 5. I thought they looked a bit better than the comparison photos they posted against a GSIII, but still nothing to write home about, unless it's to express disappointment.

He was probably confusing it with the 8GB HTX 8X which is 99.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Just called my local store.

This time they actually changed their tone and had more details other than "current date is on or after 11/9".

Details:

Phone will be available on 11/9 (launch date)
Phone WILL come with a base charger (though not entirely sure if he knew what I was asking)
Phone will be $99.99 (asked him 3x if that was the price for the lumia 920)
No preorder simply show up and buy it.

I'm going to stop by on the way home from work to verify again.

That's still much better than what I was told. LOL

But if it's really coming out in a few days, why not just say it? What, are they going to make the official announcement the same day it goes on sale?

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
That's still much better than what I was told. LOL

But if it's really coming out in a few days, why not just say it? What, are they going to make the official announcement the same day it goes on sale?

Typically store reps aren't suppose to release any information until AT&T officially does. But a lot of times they don't give a **** or just don't know. Which is why me and others got an availability date out of them.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm personally not worried about it anymore. Come Black Friday here in the US, there is a good chance Amazon will have it for a penny. I'm fine waiting. My Lumia 900 still works great, and I would prefer to save the money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo