Here we are, Nov 4th Still no pre orders or announcement.

mtbush

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a pretty knowledgeable rep @ AT&T Premier customer care, they were pretty diligent about locating detailed info about the 920, i.e...price, availability, free wireless charging pad and they came up empty on everything.

If the 920 just "shows up" with a soft date on the 9th, I would be highly surprised with the supposed hard date of the 11th.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
So if we preordered on Best Buy??? When will this ship? Anyone have any idea? I already have an order in for my Red 920 would love to see it show up on the 9th :D

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I've seen the AT&T ad with the 920 shooting the highschool football like 20 times this weekend. Then again I watch a lot of football.
I watch a lot of football, too, but that's an AT&T 4G commercial, not a 920-specific commercial.

I'm personally not worried about it anymore. Come Black Friday here in the US, there is a good chance Amazon will have it for a penny. I'm fine waiting. My Lumia 900 still works great, and I would prefer to save the money.
Heck yeah, man! I'm not going to miss out on saving some cash just to get a phone as soon as it comes out.

Just got off the phone with a pretty knowledgeable rep @ AT&T Premier customer care, they were pretty diligent about locating detailed info about the 920, i.e...price, availability, free wireless charging pad and they came up empty on everything.

If the 920 just "shows up" with a soft date on the 9th, I would be highly surprised with the supposed hard date of the 11th.
Interesting. I'm a Premier customer as well. I was thinking about calling them when I read your comment.

So if we preordered on Best Buy??? When will this ship? Anyone have any idea? I already have an order in for my Red 920 would love to see it show up on the 9th :D
Aren't BB 920 pre-orders cancelled?

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much like most have said MS has no feel for marketing and the carriers along with the OEM's have pretty much fumbled this launch. The lack of information suggest a problem with manufacturing, Last minute bugs in the OS, or just that the carriers testing isn't worth the poo it's always been. My guess is the former. i wonder what the show stopping bug or OS problem is because the entire WP8 is affected in that dates have shifted like crazy for this launch. This is when MS should have been doing there released if the OEM's were this far back on getting phones ready.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I watch a lot of football, too, but that's an AT&T 4G commercial, not a 920-specific commercial.

Heck yeah, man! I'm not going to miss out on saving some cash just to get a phone as soon as it comes out.

Interesting. I'm a Premier customer as well. I was thinking about calling them when I read your comment.

I am a Premier customer as well and I just got done with a chat with a Premier agent and they had no info to pass along. I also called a local store and got the same. I don't know what to believe. :confused:

esarz

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

I know I am brand new here however I just signed up to add any info I could....

Conversation with my best friend that is an At&t sales rep via text

Me: Any news on my new phone yet?
Him: funny you sent that, we are at training right now.... I think its coming on the 11th

So take that information for what it is, that could mean that pre-orders could arrive on the 9th and in store launch on the 11th but who knows. If he gets any other information I will gladly post it.

I am just as eager as all of you

dmcneil330

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why we should have to wait for sales people to be trained on a phone before they release it for preorders.

People who want to preorder the phone don't need a sales person to show them what it can do. They should be taking orders and shipping them to people who already know what they want.

I personally hardly ever talk to sales people regarding technology purchases and having to wait for one to be trained before getting a device I want is somewhat annoying.

I'm pretty sure what people in the forum want more than anything is a date. Any date. If AT&T came out today and said "Lumia 920 will arrive December 1st" I would be highly irate but at least it would be SOMETHING.

Right now, we have nothing. Any date coming from AT&T would be nice. I feel they have been too silent on this for too long.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site

I've heard some of them have been. I've checked mine multiple times and it is not canceled as of yet. I've also heard reports that BB is getting an extremely limited quantity and had to cancel some of them. I'll keep you posted but as of right now my order has not been canceled.

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Wireless will carry the Windows Phone 8X by HTC for $199.99 with a two-year contract, and the Nokia Lumia 822, exclusive to Verizon, for $99.99 with a two-year contract. Both will be available by Thanksgiving.

^Right, but why not start accepting pre-orders now? I don't work for a tech company and don't claim to know much about coordinating a product launch, but it seems that it would behoove any company with customers eager to order your product to let them do it sooner rather than later, especially if the wait time is only a few weeks. Seems pretty weird to me that if AT&T and/or VZW know they'll be selling the phones within a matter of weeks then they're delaying the pre-orders.

For reference from a VZW customer (me), all they've offered so far is to put me on their email notification system to alert me about any status updates to their WP8 offerings. Again, I don't know why they won't let me order a phone now if they know they'll be available and in stores before the end of this month.

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why we should have to wait for sales people to be trained on a phone before they release it for preorders.

People who want to preorder the phone don't need a sales person to show them what it can do. They should be taking orders and shipping them to people who already know what they want.

+1 totally. If the availability of the phones is imminent people know what they want, why delay the pre-orders??

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Sadly whatever country the OP represents isn't the whole world. I have a feeling that we're talking about the USA, cos rarely other nationalities make posts that seem to imply being the center of the world (sorry :D), but yeah, many countries have had preorders rolling for a long time.

It's most likely just your carrier(s) being slow/whatever.

How about checking the nationalist and ethnocentric BS at the door? Poor me whining and moaning happens all of the world, or didn't you notice the very non-US centric garbage regarding the shipment of Surface RT tablets to other countries? Oh, some of that happens to have been from Finland....

karl11

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
There is another thread that is reporting the 9th from a lot of people that have contacted their att store. It also looks like it will be priced at $99. I think Friday is the day.

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Their lack of organization is killing them. (Nokia's and Microsoft's)

It's baffling how something like this can happen. It's almost 2013 and we still have this crap.

Misinformation, lies, photo fiascos, problems, delays, only 40 phones for Canada, bad firmware for the camera on the 920, exclusive colores, no one cares for Latin Am?rica (still not even an announcement), ETC, ETC, ETC.

I am really pissed at Nokia and Microsoft.

You thought with a billion dollars from Microsoft Nokia would have thought this through better.

You thought Microsoft spending 1.5 billion on marketing for Windows 8 could have gotten Windows phones out faster.

That is why Microsoft has become what it is and why Nokia is losing billions.

BAD management.

Even though I would pay 1,000 US Dollars if I could just go to the store that is 1 minute away from my house and pick up a Lumia 920.

Sigh... :dry

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Their lack of organization is killing them. (Nokia's and Microsoft's)

It's baffling how something like this can happen. It's almost 2013 and we still have this crap.

Misinformation, lies, photo fiascos, problems, delays, only 40 phones for Canada, bad firmware for the camera on the 920, exclusive colores, no one cares for Latin Am?rica (still not even an announcement), ETC, ETC, ETC.

I am really pissed at Nokia and Microsoft.

You thought with a billion dollars from Microsoft Nokia would have thought this through better.

You thought Microsoft spending 1.5 billion on marketing for Windows 8 could have gotten Windows phones out faster.

That is why Microsoft has become what it is and why Nokia is losing billions.

BAD management.

Even though I would pay 1,000 US Dollars if I could just go to the store that is 1 minute away from my house and pick up a Lumia 920.

Sigh... :dry

Why would you be pissed at Nokia or Microsoft?

This is on AT&T.

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Why would you be pissed at Nokia or Microsoft?

This is on AT&T.
WHY? Did you read my post?

Because I'm in M?xico and there hasn't even been an announcement

No announcement for Latin Am?rica!

No unlocked prices for the US

The camera on the 920 is not optimised for well-lit enviroments

No CLEAR release date.

It is clearly Microsoft's and Nokia's fault.

Small availability here and there.

NO BIG A$$ LAUNCH.

No awesome event where you can pre-order 5 days later (Like Apple, and their 5 million phones sold in three days)

I could go on for a few more paragraphs...

Get my picture?

If Microsoft and Nokia would do what they should, we would all have our beloved Lumias right now.

It was announced 2 months ago! That is NOT kewl.

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Not just AT&T. Verizon is similarly non-committal. All this does is make current WP users worry and consider jumping ship, and potential new users forget about "that new Windows Phone thingy" they might have read about weeks ago.

Call me fairweather or fickle, but I, too, have growing doubts about staying on a platform where execution is poor. The whole idea of WP8 was them CATCHING UP to the rest of the industry in terms of modern hardware and apps. But by the S4 chip these devices are using was already non-state-of-the-art when they announced it, and now several S4 pro devices are shipping. Likewise, 1080p screens will become commonplace by next summer, but WP8 doesn't support them.

I already hear the chorus...."we need don't need LagDroid specs for smooth operation on our devices." Sure. But you're still spending 2-3 months of your device's 12 month prime....waiting for the darn thing to actually come out! Same for the 46 of the top 50 apps. That determination was made months ago. Does anyone really think we have 46 of the CURRENT top 50 apps? Or 46 of the top 50 apps around Christmas time?

I love this platform....i do. But nobody wants to be stuck in neutral or first while the rest of the industry flies by them. We have the most modern UI, but virtually everything else is in the Paleolithic era for smartphones and this slow speed is what dooms dinosaurs - even powerful, ferocious, multi-billion dollar ones - to extinction.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
There's plenty of blame to go around. AT&T, Microsoft and Nokia have all mishandled this launch together. It's not just annoying, it's frankly very discouraging. As I've said before, this reminds me too much of the sad history of webOS/Palm/Sprint/HP. The situation is enough to make me reconsider my original plan to upgrade from my Quantum to a 920.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb