11-05-2012 08:49 PM
44 12
tools
    Another note on my pre-order - I'm paying full price for my order since I've only had a year to learn to hate my HTC Vivid.
    11-04-2012 06:59 PM
    So, just based on the very few here who have said their order was cancelled - would it be only those who could conceivably obtain their color of choice in store be the ones that are cancelled?

I and a few others who have ordered a cyan model (which you can't get walking into a store - online only) still have their orders 'in process'.

I'm also a RewardZone Silver member too, I wonder if that has anything to do with my order still being valid.
    Agreed mineis cyan and still good
    11-04-2012 07:03 PM
    Agreed mineis cyan and still good
    Mine is Black - still on backorder.
    11-04-2012 07:09 PM
    Might be the color thing. Not sure. Mine was a retail full price too. I also am a rewards member. I will just walk in to at&t once released and get one I guess.
    11-04-2012 07:55 PM
    I wish I hadn't cancelled my Best Buy preorder just so I could see if mine got cancelled.
    ;-)
    11-04-2012 08:58 PM
    I ordered three Nokia Lumia 920 the first day it was posted @ BestBuy.com two are black one is white... The White one was the only one that was canceled!
    11-05-2012 11:21 AM
    Mine got cancelled because Best Buy "authorizes" the funds every day. My CC company flagged it as fraud, locked me out and I had to call them. Honestly, I was glad it played out this way. I'm willing to gamble on Amazon having it on black Friday for 1 penny.
    11-05-2012 12:07 PM
    Called Bby about my order I placed last week, they said estimated shipping date was 11/13-11/22. Looks like they won't be getting it out early for this friday. Probably going to cancell my order today.
    11-05-2012 12:10 PM
    Called Bby about my order I placed last week, they said estimated shipping date was 11/13-11/22. Looks like they won't be getting it out early for this friday. Probably going to cancell my order today.
    Well if you want a free wireless charging pad, I would recommend it.
    11-05-2012 12:12 PM
    I just cancelled mine, why take a chance getting it Friday when I know it will be available in store. Also want the free wireless charging plate :)
    11-05-2012 12:26 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath on the charging plate. That being said I'll gladly take one even though I bought 2 Energizer Qi pads. :D
    11-05-2012 12:29 PM
    Anyone pre-order online a color other than "white" get cancelled?
    11-05-2012 01:10 PM
    Anyone pre-order online a color other than "white" get cancelled?
    My red 920 is still good...
    11-05-2012 01:15 PM
    Just got the same thing.

I received an email about 1 hour ago stating that my order had been cancelled. Just called BestBuy and the agent told me that my order was backordered and "auto-cancelled." It seems that this may be an automatic system within BestBuy that cancels an order if it is back-ordered for too long (which in and of itself doesn't make any sense to me). The agent said that regular orders can sit in "backordered status" for a month or more, but this may be shorter for pre-orders. I asked him to attempt to re-order the phone for me on his end (since the phone is off of Best-Buy's site) and he said that the system wouldn't let him. He started a case with the "cancellation department" who would then get back to me by email within 72 hours.

If anybody pre-ordered a Lumia 920 from BestBuy on 10/21 when I did, go to their site and check your status now, or check your email for a status update and call into BestBuy and complain.

This is the most ridiculous roll out/release I have ever been a part of.
    heh, as a Dell Venue Pro pre-orderer, I can tell you it can get much, much worse. There was so much outrage with Dell over it 2 years ago that they ended up sending free bluetooth headsets out to pre-orderers to make amends.
    11-05-2012 02:08 PM
    I just cancelled mine, why take a chance getting it Friday when I know it will be available in store. Also want the free wireless charging plate :)
    I used the 25% off at best buy, so after taxes and all I only paid about $160. I guess I need to decide if the week with my phone is worth the extra money $$. The "free" wireless charger, if it even comes with it, would end up costing me about the same as if I kept my best buy order and bought the plate, assumming the plate is only $30-$50
    11-05-2012 02:28 PM
    I placed my order for a Red 920 on 10/22/12 and it's still showing as processing. This is also for an upgrade phone.
    11-05-2012 03:26 PM
    seems to really be color specific. Well hopefully the at&t friday release is valid. I am off friday so will be there first thing in the morning
    11-05-2012 08:15 PM
    seems to really be color specific. Well hopefully the at&t friday release is valid. I am off friday so will be there first thing in the morning
    I don't think we've identified that at all. It seems to be very hit and miss. If anything I could see it dealing more with weather the phone is an upgrade vs. it being bought outright. I would assume BestBuy gets paid out more on upgrading a phone than just selling one outright as AT&T makes much more money on what I pay them monthly than what I'm paying for this phone, even if I were to buy it outright. That is all just my best guess nothing more, I have no evidence what so ever to base this on FYI.
    11-05-2012 08:47 PM
    I emailed bb just to see if they were planning on canceling my order.

this was their response. doesn't really tell me anything I couldn't read from the order status.

I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced related to your order. I would like to inform that your order was not cancelled. However, its in back order status. It means that the order is not available right now. However, I assure you that when the time ,the item is available we will process the shipping as soon as possible.

I appreciate you taking the time to express your concern. And thank you for business with us.

In any case, cyan 920 ordered around 12PM.
    11-05-2012 08:49 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD