The hardest choice to make, red or black?!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Can you explain what you mean by "weathers certain things"?

Also, has anyone who has had a matte phone ever had problems with the finish wearing off after awhile? That's my only concern with getting matte black or grey.

I never have with my previous phones, but the matte on the Lumia 920 isn't really the run of the mill black plastic finish.

I dont know how to describe it, the first word that comes into my mind is "graphite", even if that has like nothing at all to do with anything. It has a fairly similar finish than my Razer Imperator mouse on top.. It's like this.. non-sticky a bit rubber'ish finish. I really have no idea how to explain it, but it's really nice. The glossy plastic has it's very distinct feel as well and cant really match the feeling of the matte black at least for me.

But as a matte black this doesn't resemble any earlier phone I've used.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I never have with my previous phones, but the matte on the Lumia 920 isn't really the run of the mill black plastic finish.

I dont know how to describe it, the first word that comes into my mind is "graphite", even if that has like nothing at all to do with anything. It has a fairly similar finish than my Razer Imperator mouse on top.. It's like this.. non-sticky a bit rubber'ish finish. I really have no idea how to explain it, but it's really nice. The glossy plastic has it's very distinct feel as well and cant really match the feeling of the matte black at least for me.

But as a matte black this doesn't resemble any earlier phone I've used.

It does sound nice, I was just concerned somewhat that the finish on the edges of the phone might smooth out after repeated use.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So sick of black, and it looks like grey won't immediately be available. For me the tough choice is between red, yellow, and cyan! Sigh... #FirstWorldProblems

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Even though grey is for the international markets, I think it's not available in most countries.
Even here in the UAE, only black, white, red & yellow are available for pre order! No grey color!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I guess I gotta go get hands on again tomorrow.. :D

It changes many times a day which one I prefer. Currently I'm leaning on black one again :p I'm sure it's gonna be red again soon :D

keizka

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I just spent 15 mins talking to a smoking hot Nokia rep about my dilemma and I still cant decide! She said she had the same issue but with red and white.

I love red as a color and the 920 red is amazing too! I despise black phones cos everyone has a black phone. Now, if it wasnt for the glossyness, this would be a nobrainer.

The black one with the matte finish feels so much better in hand, doesnt absorb as much fingerprint smudge and seems more resistant against micro scratches.

How a device feels is really important, but so are the looks. I feel like Im gonna regret not getting the other whichever I pick.

Also got hands on with the sexy thing... only on the phone, though :D
Aleksanterinkatu Store? Petite blonde?

Ya, Nokia had some nice gals showcasing them devices when I went there. Also, decided on Red. I can get a case if need be *shrug*

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
The red is too sexy for me to pass up. I'll just give it a quick swipe on the shirt now and then to keep smudges at bay. =)

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I have red hair, does that mean I should get a red phone? I've always liked black (not really into flashy stuff), but have no experience with a matte finish (would a matte/rubbery finish gouge more easily?).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss