BGR Review

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I thought so... Sad because I normally like Zach's reviews. They are normal pretty fair and acurate! He does like the camera a lot so that is good :)

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm tired of reading about the non-issue weight of this phone. And the thickness? Good grief, it may be 1 millimeter thicker than other current phones, but it isn't the thickest phone ever.

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Weight is kind of the "in" thing yo talk about right now.

I don't know if you've noticed, but tech blogs have a habit of just stating what other blogs say, but in different words. Maybe they'll add their own little twist to it.

But if one major blog brings up weight as an issue, then other guys have to mention it as an issue also or their "review" will appear incomplete.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm tired of reading about the non-issue weight of this phone. And the thickness? Good grief, it may be 1 millimeter thicker than other current phones, but it isn't the thickest phone ever.

Notice how he relies on percentages to emphasize the differences between phones, because saying "is 10% thicker" sounds so much greater than "is 1mm thicker."

But, he really drops the ball with that lame USB charging comment....

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
If I ever get asked about the weight of the Lumia 920 (when I eventually get one), I'll ask that person to show me their cellphone. There's a good chance they'll have an iPhone, and another good chance their iPhone will have a case.

In conclusion, the Lumia 920 weighs about the same as an iPhone with a case. In fact, I don't know a single person who uses an iPhone without a case. I'd even wager that the majority of the reviewers who complain about the weight also have iPhones for personal use that have a case.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I find it entertaining seeing all the comments about the weight. I held a Lumia 900 security attachement at all in my hand with my iPhone 4S in the other and I didn't notice much difference. Just that the 900 had more girth as far as dimensions are concerned.

I just like the fact that the screen is massive (but not so hilariously massive as the Samsung Note 2) and it's just as easy to use with 1 hand as my 4S was.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think he meant the wireless charger doesn't have a micro usb port. If you look at the pictures, it appears to be a round plug.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
This "weight" issue is like beating a dead horse. Seriously, the 920 is so solid it does not need a case. Yet, an iPhone with an otterbox case is heavier and looks retarded.

The weird thing is he admits the 920 is superior to the iPhone 5 in almost every way yet docks points for the "weight". It's really just a trade off. The iPhone 5 may be lighter but also lacks NFC, wireless charging, smaller screen etc...

If people want to talk about the weight, be informed enough to understand WHY it weighs more. Luckily, some other reviews have done a decent job at explaining that.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
The fact that he didn't realize the microUSB connector was also for charging makes me question the fact that he actually physically received a phone to review. Making an error like that suggests he wrote an article based on stuff he heard/read about the phone without having the benefit of actually having it with him.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh, maybe he meant the pad has to be plugged into a wall outlet?

That makes sense.

Maybe. But I've read that paragraph about 10 times and it does seem to imply (to me, at least) that the wireless charging is the only mechanism available to charge the phone.

Either he's an idiot (couldn't figure out how to charge the phone with the wall wart charger), a liar (ie didn't actually have a phone to review) or a poor writer...take your pick LOL.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I agree, to me he seemed to be complaining that he had to carry the wireless charger to charge it anywhere instead of a standard charging cable. I think he even said that.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
The weight is a non issue. I come from an iPhone 5 and I am already used to the 920's weight. I was using my 920 in bed last night and my arm didn't get tired at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs