BGR Review

rareohs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure he was saying that the wireless **charging pad** doesn't use a micro USB cable, not suggesting the phone itself doesn't.

Fair point, seems like the cable for the wireless charge pad could & should have been a micro USB. That way, you just pop off the pad and plug in your phone directly if wanted.

I mean I could be wrong here but that's how I read it...

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe. But I've read that paragraph about 10 times and it does seem to imply (to me, at least) that the wireless charging is the only mechanism available to charge the phone.

Either he's an idiot (couldn't figure out how to charge the phone with the wall wart charger), a liar (ie didn't actually have a phone to review) or a poor writer...take your pick LOL.

I'm pretty sure he was saying that the wireless **charging pad** doesn't use a micro USB cable, not suggesting the phone itself doesn't.

Fair point, seems like the cable for the wireless charge pad could & should have been a micro USB. That way, you just pop off the pad and plug in your phone directly if wanted.

It's a tough call but misleading at the very least.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Can a USB can handle the current needed for a wireless charging pad?

man1up

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
The review was a click generator. I want a review that uses the smartglass, office, maps, etc in real life use. These reviewers need to remember there are unique devices for all segments of population.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

That's possible, but then that should be part of the wireless charge pad review. Not the 920 review. There are plenty of other wireless charging accessories that might have what he is looking for.

mdintx

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Seemed like a pretty well balanced review; things that were liked, things that weren't. The part about the lack of a micro-USB was clearly articulated as a matter of the wireless charging pad. Not sure how you all missed that.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Seemed like a pretty well balanced review; things that were liked, things that weren't. The part about the lack of a micro-USB was clearly articulated as a matter of the wireless charging pad. Not sure how you all missed that.

You may have understood it that way, but it's a big stretch to say it was "clearly articulated" considering it was unclear to people who are used to reading gadget reviews.

Poor poor writing.

And for those of you that still are unsure, BenthePCGuy confirmed that the phone can be charged with a standard MicroUSB cable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs