11-09-2012 10:32 AM
280 ... 56789 ...
tools
    So I have a couple of questions for you smartphone pros!

My wife and I have T-mobile. We have dumb phones (cheap sliders). We have never had smart phones or a dataplan. My wife's contract has already expired and she is eligible for an upgrade. My contract expires at the end of December.

We want two new Lumia 920s so we are planning to make the switch to AT&T. We were not impressed with T-Mobile's offerings and the $99.00 deal for a Lumia 920 cannot be beat!

Questions:

1) Where do we pre-order? Should we do it on-line (starting tomorrow) or do it in the store? Does it matter? Sounds like you may not be able to pre-order in the store?

2) Can AT&T assume our current phone numbers? I assume my contract with T-Mobile will have to be full-filled first?

If my number cannot be assumed, I will just sign a new contract with AT&T and overlap for a month and a half and then cancel my service with TMobile at the end of December.
    11-06-2012 08:54 AM
    I am thinking of buying this from AT&T, am going to The States now and staying there until the 16th. Is the Lumia 920 going to be seller without a contract by then, or will it take a couple of months because of the exlusivity?

And do anybody know if they are selling this at det Microsoft Store?
    11-06-2012 08:54 AM
    I don't get why forum members of WPCentral post links to other websites.

Here it is on WPCentral.com: AT&T Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 coming November 9th for $49 and $99 | Windows Phone Central
    Sorry - didn't realize it finally posted here - but just more confirmation.. :D
    11-06-2012 08:57 AM
    So I have a couple of questions for you smartphone pros!

My wife and I have T-mobile. We have dumb phones (cheap sliders). We have never had smart phones or a dataplan. My wife's contract has already expired and she is eligible for an upgrade. My contract expires at the end of December.

We want two new Lumia 920s so we are planning to make the switch to AT&T. We were not impressed with T-Mobile's offerings and the $99.00 deal for a Lumia 920 cannot be beat!

Questions:

1) Where do we pre-order? Should we do it on-line (starting tomorrow) or do it in the store? Does it matter? Sounds like you may not be able to pre-order in the store?

2) Can AT&T assume our current phone numbers? I assume my contract with T-Mobile will have to be full-filled first?

If my number cannot be assumed, I will just sign a new contract with AT&T and overlap for a month and a half and then cancel my service with TMobile at the end of December.

1) The press release says online, but I'm gonna bet you can probably go into a store and pre-order as well (unless the online form is also taking store pre-orders, unlikely). Best to call your nearest store and ask them before going in.

2) AT&T should be able to bring your numbers over, regardless of whether or not your contract has been fulfilled. Once they do it, T-Mobile will automatically cancel your account and send your final bill (including any associated termination fees, etc.). Be sure not to cancel your account before you transfer your number. Bring along a copy of your T-Mobile bill to make the process go faster.
    11-06-2012 08:57 AM
    I just called att and they said its not going to be available until the nov 11 not the 9. The woman I spoke to even put me on hold and asked someone else . I told her I read it from the press release and she said according to all of their systems it's set for the 11th. I dunno
    11-06-2012 08:58 AM
    Here's a question about preordering. My bill is due the 8th can I still preorder or does the bill have to be paid before I preorder ?
    11-06-2012 09:02 AM
    Here's a question about preordering. My bill is due the 8th can I still preorder or does the bill have to be paid before I preorder ?
    You cannot have any past due bills. A current balance that isn't due yet is fine, but it just can't go past due. That's when the system denies any type of contract changes (such as an upgrade).
    11-06-2012 09:05 AM

Since pre-orders start tomorrow the 7th, you will technically still be current on your bill.
    11-06-2012 09:10 AM
    I want to know if I can preorder at midnight.... :)
    11-06-2012 09:11 AM
    Okay, now they can move some boxes :) Good for Nokia.. once they get a stronger hold of the market, they can go up in price.

The only problem they have is, such deal doesn't exist anywhere in the world, but here in the US.. the phone is much more expensive everywhere else.

I am not saying we don't pay for it with our 2 year contracts, but still.. you are paying for the service anyway.
    11-06-2012 09:14 AM
    Here's hoping my iPhone 4 home button holds out just 3 more days. It's going to be close.
    ProfessorTripp likes this.
    11-06-2012 09:15 AM
    all i have to do is hold out with this captivate for a couple of more days. using the captivate for phone purposes and using the dell streak for internet because of the screen size lol.
    11-06-2012 09:22 AM
    Here's hoping my iPhone 4 home button holds out just 3 more days. It's going to be close.
    Ditto I have the punch mine
    11-06-2012 09:30 AM
    And when we find out it's $149, we will have people crying about it not being $99 now.
    Swing and a miss.
    11-06-2012 09:34 AM
    Swing and a miss.
    What swing? All I was saying was not to get people's hopes up. I have at&t and a free upgrade. Homerun for me.
    11-06-2012 09:36 AM
    *$149

Nokia Lumia 920 pricing spotted at Best Buy | Windows Phone Central (Nokia Lumia 920 pricing spotted at Best Buy | Windows Phone Central)

*And when we find out it's $149, we will have people crying about it not being $99 now.

*Most people here and on Reddit were told $149 today by people at our local AT&T sites. This is the only guy who has ever mentioned the $99 price.

*Anyone who went to Nokia's 920 mobile page saw it.

*Well my source for price is WPCentral and Nokia...

http://cdn.wpcentral.com/sites/wpcen...1/920Price.JPG

*Because we have already seen Best Buy and Ebay/BBY open preorders for $149 and on Nokia's on 920 page they had a picture showing a phone that said $149 AT&T
    I think this was what he was talking about.... you were pretty confident even after someone was at the at&t store looking at the promotion
    11-06-2012 09:45 AM
    I think this was what he was talking about.... you were pretty confident even after someone was at the at&t store looking at the promotion
    Of course I was confident. $149.99 WAS the price originally. Clearly.

They clearly dropped the price late in the game. Nokia's own 920 page showed an image saying 149 at att.
    11-06-2012 09:47 AM
    i noticed on my att account for my lumia 900, there is option

"Great news! You qualify for an early iPhone upgrade with a new 2-year commitment.
    Full upgrade available: November 10, 2013"

I hope they can do something for lumia 920.
    11-06-2012 09:50 AM
    That was what I was referrring to. He even went as far as to suggest one person was lying.

Wade,I'm glad you've been a staunch supporter for the 920. But you were getting on some people that didn't agree pretty good. So a little poke was in order. But spin it how you want.
    Last edited by stmav; 11-06-2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: edit reference
    mister2d likes this.
    11-06-2012 09:59 AM
    I guess I better start doing backflips.
    11-06-2012 10:00 AM
    I've tried to look around different sites but does anyone know if Cyan is still only available online? I'd prefer to buy in store as opposed to pre-order online if possible.
    11-06-2012 10:04 AM
    That was what I was referrring to. He even went as far as to suggest one person was lying.

Wade,I'm glad you've been a staunch supporter for the 920. But you were getting on some people that didn't agree pretty good. So a little poke was in order. But spin it how you want.
    He could never be wrong though
    11-06-2012 10:05 AM

Yea I never said he was lying. I said he was lying or the guy at att didn't know what he was talking about and that it was probably the latter. It's just a way of being facetious while really only implying the second statement.

You can cry all day and night about what I said but the fact of the matter is, I got Halo 4 yesterday, I get an Obama win today, and preorder a 920 for $99 tomorrow.

I won life this week.
    Guitarpik likes this.
    11-06-2012 10:07 AM
    I said you suggested, not said. But spin that too. I'll be getting mine as well. So I win as well. And I'm not becoming the winterfang of 920.
    mister2d likes this.
    11-06-2012 10:08 AM
    I said you suggested, not said. But spin that too. I'll be getting mine as well. So I win as well. And I'm not becoming the winterfang of 920.
    The price was 149 and the guy who said he was told 99 was new to the forum. I didn't want it to spread and people get pissed if ended up being $50 more. Period. AT&T dropped the price. I pay 50 less now. I win.
    11-06-2012 10:14 AM
280 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD