Wired 920 Review

JUSTQUAN2

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
You know what I find funny... These iPhone & Samsung users are quick to point out "the phone is heavy". You can't be serious with that!? Everyone of the iPhone users and galaxy owners have cases on their devices that make them heavier than the reported 6.5oz of a Lumia 920. Seriously man eff up!!!!

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
LOL hey, if weight is all on negative they find, I'm cool with it. And for those who can't handle 6.5 ounces.... My 5 month old daughter plays with heavier toys all day long :p

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I just dont understand how people find 6.5 ounces to be too heavy. It is only 2.5 ounces heavier than the iphone! What is that like 2 slices of deli turkey????

zephjc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well they definitely didn't use the 920 to take those photos in the article - I can barely see anything except the screen (in the 2nd and 3rd pics).

AgentTheGreat

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I would too tell my readers that the phone is perhaps the heaviest phone made. It's just something that stands out; not from a negative perspective, but simply because that is one of the things that's unique. But overall it was a very, very positive review. We can't try to go after anyone that says the smallest negative sounding thing about our favorite brand, can we?

keizka

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I would too tell my readers that the phone is perhaps the heaviest phone made. It's just something that stands out; not from a negative perspective, but simply because that is one of the things that's unique. But overall it was a very, very positive review. We can't try to go after anyone that says the smallest negative sounding thing about our favorite brand, can we?
Then again, calling a device *brick* when it isn't one isn't exactly endearing writer to readers... Bigger? Perhaps. Shouldn't be that big deal as it is in general, right now, what with almost everyone hopping on the weight bandwagon.

tapiocamilktea

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Its around the same weight as a galaxy note that I have now, 180g. I have a case for it and that weights 60g. I'm carrying 240g right now and it doesn't bother me at all. I used to have a nokia N900 and that's about the same weight as a 920 and I never had a problem with it. Phone weight is just all relative, you only notice it if you compare it hand in hand.

mdintx

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if there's a poll or two out there for android or iphone owners about whether or not they use a case.

A phone in a case is a phone in case. The 920 will be that much heavier and that much bigger. That's the thing that bugs me about all the recent flagships. They've just gotten big. ALL of them. Add the issue of weight and that might be deal breaker for some.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
3IWdv.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes